Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:40 am Perception: 17

Vincent avoids trying to let his eyes linger on any of the wandering spirits still haunting the morgue, though at the expense of some of his personal awareness to his surroundings.
[Perception check vs DC 15, 20]

Vincent walks forward, guided by the sleepy medical assistant. As he looked around, gauging entrances, exits, and that sort of thing, he noticed two bodies in a cold storage area. They seemed familiar, though he wan't sure why. Before he could get a closer look, they were through some swinging doors.

"Give me a minute while I make some notations in this paperwork." Dharma seemed to be looking at an evidence possession form, noting a visitation with a time and date of visit. "Ok, I need to open the fridge to get her out." This take a minute. She punches in a code to open the door, and them slides the body out. Checking the identity using the toe tag.

"If you need anything, I will be right outside. We close to outside visitors in 20 minutes. Is that enough time for you?"
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

Faking tears Scylla conceals her face in her hands and nods repeatedly and shortly making sobbing sounds. That should make the woman leave
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Dharma is visibly made uncomfortable by the crying. "I will give you a minute." She leaves as quickly as she could.
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

As soon as the woman walks out, Scylla drops the act. "Very well, it is your turn." she says to the ghost whisperer.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 2
-~-

Pushing his glasses up his face with a nod of affirmation, Vincent steps towards not the body, but the figure that lingered next to it. "Agent Sanchez was it? I am Vincent Katz, and this is an associate of mine. We were... hired to investigate into that same operation you were involved with. I imagine you have a lingering regret, perhaps a desire for revenge against your killers."

Start small. Introductions first, press for information second. If things go well, he could do this painlessly with only words alone. If things went sour, well, he always had plan B.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:24 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Pushing his glasses up his face with a nod of affirmation, Vincent steps towards not the body, but the figure that lingered next to it. "Agent Sanchez was it? I am Vincent Katz, and this is an associate of mine. We were... hired to investigate into that same operation you were involved with. I imagine you have a lingering regret, perhaps a desire for revenge against your killers."

Start small. Introductions first, press for information second. If things go well, he could do this painlessly with only words alone. If things went sour, well, he always had plan B.
Opal looks to you and tries to speak, but seemingly cannot. Then she lays down into her corpse, disappearing for a time. Suddenly Opal's body takes a deep breath and lets out a low barely audible whisper. "I am not an agent. I am a mother."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

'Hn,' vincent thought to himself. 'She's one of 'those' huh. Seems as though her spirtual presence us rather weak, yet her earthly connection is strong enough to allow partial reanimation. Curious.'

As he rationalized the spirit's possession, he also considered his best method of aproach. By the look of things it seemed her children were more a connection to this world then the unfinished case which led to her death. He might be able to use that.

Thr man nodded. "A mother then."
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

'Hn,' vincent thought to himself. 'She's one of 'those' huh. Seems as though her spirtual presence us rather weak, yet her earthly connection is strong enough to allow partial reanimation. Curious.'

As he rationalized the spirit's possession, he also considered his best method of aproach. By the look of things it seemed her children were more a connection to this world then the unfinished case which led to her death. He might be able to use that.

Thr man nodded. "A mother then."
She inhaled again. "Yes." Her words whistling in her dry throat. "Made to spy. Just wanted to work. They knew. Pain. Death."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

'Trouble connecting with her living memories. Not uncommon.' Vincent realized. In fact, the cases of spirits being fully lucid were actually more rare. Before becoming chained to his soul, his best friend used to be once such case.

"If you can provide anything you remember up until your death, I promise to pass along your final words to your children."
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Opal's body rattles as she begins to inhale again. "I needed a job. I was approached by a detective. He said I wasn't a legal citizen." She inhales again. "He would send me home to Guatemala if I didn't help him. I was poor. I had no money for a lawyer. I said yes.

Her body twitched at the next memory. "It was my second day. Security grabbed my arm. They tied me to a chair. I cried for help. Then a woman and... he came." The spirit of Opal began to react to this next memory. Vincent gets the feeling that if he doesn't calm her down, she may cause a paranormal disturbance.

[DC 10/15 persuasion check (or something else appropriate)]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

HP: 1
-~-

Persuasion: 6 Ouch.
Reroll: 6+10=16 Oof, again. Least I can coun ton the +10.
I might need to shove those 2 PP we earned into Persuasion if we're encoutnering more ghosts... ...Or I could just default to mind controlling them in the future. Maybe that.

"Settle. They're not here, they can't hurt you an more." Vincent soothed, placing a hand on the corpses' own. He used to have a natural charisma when it came to spirits, unlike with other humans. Those days have long passed him by as he relied more and more on his spiritual enslavement, but every once in awhile he can rekindle his natural charm as a medium. "Describe them to us, what did the woman look like? The man? If you can warn us about what they did or could do, nobody else will have to die for the sake of this operation."

Well. Nobody he knew at least.
------------
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Tsk... I am an evil spirit of nature, but when it comes to be twisted, I guess humans cannot be matched." Scylla comments, crossing her arms around her bust. Raising an eyebrow she adds. "Making rules just to break them and extortionate other humans with them." her eyes roll in exasperation.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:37 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Persuasion: 6 Ouch.
Reroll: 6+10=16 Oof, again. Least I can coun ton the +10.
I might need to shove those 2 PP we earned into Persuasion if we're encoutnering more ghosts... ...Or I could just default to mind controlling them in the future. Maybe that.

"Settle. They're not here, they can't hurt you an more." Vincent soothed, placing a hand on the corpses' own. He used to have a natural charisma when it came to spirits, unlike with other humans. Those days have long passed him by as he relied more and more on his spiritual enslavement, but every once in awhile he can rekindle his natural charm as a medium. "Describe them to us, what did the woman look like? The man? If you can warn us about what they did or could do, nobody else will have to die for the sake of this operation."

Well. Nobody he knew at least.
Vincent was out of practice, but he managed to calm her down. Opal's body inhaled again. "The woman was thin. Her ears were strange. Too perfect. She held my arm. I felt weak." Inhale. "She told me I was a loose thread. I begged to go. I would say nothing. Then she smiled and opened the door."

Opal's body lies still for a moment. It seems like perhaps Opal was done. Then she inhaled again. "Man was angry. I knew him. Saw him on first day. He is called 'The Shocker'." Opal inhaled again, this time with a rattle of fear. "He punched me. Woman left me. He punched me again. And again. Then he shocked me. Pain. So much pain..." Opal trails off for a moment.

Inhale. "My son. Where?"

[OOC: Reminder. Her son has been removed from the state. He is living with family.]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

-~-

He committed her words to memory, knowing that every piece of information helped. "He's with your family, safely away from those that did this to you." Vincent straightened his scarf, looking down at her again. "I gave you my word. If you have a message you want to leave him with, I'll relay it to the best of my ability."

OOC: He's being sincere, shockingly.
------------
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:06 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

He committed her words to memory, knowing that every piece of information helped. "He's with your family, safely away from those that did this to you." Vincent straightened his scarf, looking down at her again. "I gave you my word. If you have a message you want to leave him with, I'll relay it to the best of my ability."

OOC: He's being sincere, shockingly.
Opal's body inhales. "Just tell him that he is never alone." Her body falls silent for a moment. Suddenly her arm reaches out and wraps around your head and neck. "Don't trust Breckenridge. He lies!" Her body falls limp on the ground. A clatter of metal sounds.

"Hello? Are you alright in there?" The medical assistant Dharma calls in. You hear footsteps coming down the hall.

Edit: Better idea. Someone make a dex save against a DC 18. Succeed and there is no disturbance.