The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

"Well... I suppose if everyone else is in a sharing mood..." Standing a little straighter, the Eli calmly rested her hands on the handle of her parasol as it rested on the church floor. With a deep breath to cam her nerves, she spoke aloud. "My other self, she was a vampire. An old one, Over seven hundred years even. It was just memories... No, nightmares. Just those at the start, but overtime I started to change physically in... a multitude of ways. If you wanted to summarize everything with a little bow on top, then... Calling me a perfect predator would be most apt."

She fidgets. "I'm in control, I promise you that. I've worked hard to resist my instincts, though I keep a mask in my purse for... emergencies."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"I thought I had it bad." she shuddered. "That sounds truly awful." she told Eli. "If you need to talk about it or beat your subconscious mind into compliance, let me know. I'll be glad to help out." she smiled. "I excel at subduing mental issues with copious amounts of violence."

Which is probably why she isn't curled up in a corner somewhere, considering how bad a case of MGS she does have.

ooc
She probably helped Amy out in that manner before she was called away.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Unlikely, Amy was in a mental ward for 18 months. Unless Alicia was licensed, she wasn't allowed in.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"In any case. So ideas on how we should proceed and what does everyone else know?" she asked.

ooc
jmucchiello wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:42 am (ooc: Unlikely, Amy was in a mental ward for 18 months. Unless Alicia was licensed, she wasn't allowed in.)

Alice can travel through the Dream Realm and has psychic powers. If Amy was asleep, Alice could have helped her that way.

Amy might have odd recollections of dreams about a dark and violent Alice with a twisted version of the Cheshire Cat by her side, helping Amy fight off her own horrors and nightmares.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: Amy doesn't have nightmares. She has multiple personalities. They talk, they reason, they cajole, they argue. Has nothing to do with dreaming. It happens while she's wide awake.)
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"Maybe we should read the list of names aloud and see if anyone here knew any of the victims," she says.

(ooc: Amy doesn't have nightmares. She has multiple personalities. They talk, they reason, they cajole, they argue. Has nothing to do with dreaming. It happens while she's wide awake. Maybe Alice stopped it from plaguing her dreams. But Amy has no idea Alice would have been involved at all.

We should take this to OOC thread if we continue.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl nodded. "Won't hurt any." she hrmed. "Do we have pictures to place with the names?"

ooc
Nah, we're good. :)

Battle Init
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Pratfall

Pratfall decided to get in on the introduction action, and stepped up.
"Paul Stubbs. Pre-merge, I was a clown as my side job. Now, I'm one full-time. I go by the name of Pratfall when I'm playing the part. More of an entertainer than a scrapper, but I can do that too."

Turning his attention to the list, he said, "Can't say I've got any particular expertise in investigation, but I did get an A in Penmanship in elementary school."
OOC wrote:Deception (Fake Expert): 1D20+15 = [14]+15 = 29 to act like he knows what he's doing.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

//Bladewind, could you summarize what info we get from the files and what info we got from different sources and maybe what leads we have?
The young man talking to Samuel - the odd one out as it were as he is the only one currently with no connection to anyone else - chimes in.

"I have no idea why the lot of you suddenly wound up together, but my name's Jason Dent. I came here as, oddly, I didn't know where to turn and as my t-shirt kinda says, I have faith in the big guy as it were."

He has print outs of various files (and a USB key if you want it). It's information that Smith saw, more fluff to it though. There's still no real indication as to why you've all been manipulated - there really is no other word - together, but the crux is that there is a slowly going concern that may or may not be on the radar of organizations like the DXDO and the like. People are spontaneously combusting with no real rhyme or reason. The only common thread is that they are all non-powered Earthers. There are other stats of deaths and attacks on Earthers, Mergers and people with MSG but nothing stands out like the flame deaths... well, there's nothing as interesting to run conspiracies about at least...

Other information you can put together is a small thread of Alice in Wonderland elements. Not necessarily centered on Alice, although she did have a very brief encounter with variants of the Red Queen earlier today. Pratfall's encounter with the Jester was more directly linked to Alice in Wonderland...

Other details that may or may not be relevant are that the Supergirl TV show recently resumed filming, telling stories about events that happened on the Merged Earth as opposed to trying tell stories about the "fictional" Girl of Steel. They're filming in San Fransokyo. Other shows have resumed as well, but none are currently filming in the city.

One of Amy's personalities has a thought... or maybe remembers something... it was during the Incursion. Something about a particularly heavy assault on a city. There was a response from a group of aliens that disappeared right after they drove back the nasties. No one has heard hide nor hair of them since - but they looked completely human so it's not really surprising...

"I also have powers." Dent adds, "I'm indestructible. At least, I think I am. Haven't tested the limits." Samuel knows that he's not telling his whole story, but Dent does not seem to be holding back any information regarding the situation with the Earthers bursting into flames and is genuinely perplexed at why he chose Samuel of all people to confide in.

"Maybe we can sort that out for you, mate." The door to the church opens, and framed in the light of the frame is a group of people. "We want the squirt and the matchstick. The rest of you are inconsequential. For now anyway."

You count at least six individuals. One burly male with dreadlocks. His massive block sunglasses hide his eyes. A woman in what could almost be described as uniform for a group akin to the X-Men (with no logo), a man in similar uniform with a tall mohawk (and probably not nearly as cool as he thinks he is), two obvious tanks standing about a foot taller than the rest, and what looks like a droid perched on the shoulder of one the powerhouses. It was the guy with the mohawk that spoke.

OOC - post init in your next posts, although definitely not friendly they aren't moving to attack... yet.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy
HP: 2; Condition: as Normal as she gets

"What do you mean 'want'?" She demands. The temperature in the room warms noticeably. Though she remains without flame.

Initiative: 1d20 19
(She is only creating normal heat with her environment power. Also, she spent extra on her Merge Sense. It is Analytical. So she would know some extra details about these guys. What sort of merge effect created these guys. Perhaps a partial origin. I don't know. But it cost 2 PP so it should do something. :) )
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

She finds herself starting to turn around before the door even opens, alerted by some strange sixth sense. Her eyes instinctively lock onto the larger individuals, mentally identifying them as being some of the most dangerous physically. Though Eli opens her mouth to speak, she can't for the unlife of her think of anything at all.

Initiative: 24
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John Smith
init: 1d20+2 5
Outside, John Smith in the van curses himself for not keeping a better lookout, or even for not creating another John Smith to be lookout.

Without rocking the van too much he slips in to his protective vest and arms himself with the standard assortment of gear.

Inside, John Smith memorizes their attackers. He knows any hit to his woefully unprotected self will cause the mental focus keeping him anchored to dissipate and snap back with possibly painful results to the John Smith outside. He'll stay for now to see how the first part of this plays out.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl shifted from one foot to another. "How very rude you are." she said mildly. "Why do you want our friends and to whom are you referring exactly?" she asked. "That will greatly determine if we go with you or not." she asked as she folded her arms in front of her. "We aren't necessarily hostile to the idea if it is a harmless request." You get the impression it takes a great deal of provocation for Alice to get truly angry.

The Cheshire cat looked on and licked it's paw. "Diplomacy is not their strongest suit, is it?" he shook his head. "Nor is hygiene apparently."

ooc
Init: 11 http://orokos.com/roll/737716 once again my sucky rolls at init rear their ugly head.
Persuasion: 34 http://orokos.com/roll/737717 to get some answers out of them and defuse the situation a little
Mind Reading: Mind Reading 8 (DC 18) 25 http://orokos.com/roll/737719 to determine who they work for, who they're really after and why.

Aaand I can deal with sucky init rolls. :lol:
Feel free to GM fiat that roll if you need to Bladewind. 34 is wow. ;)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel
//Cannot access the dice roller from work, will post Initiative later. As for the " tanks" what are they? Actual machines, tall burly humans, Trolls...?

Samuel looked at the newcomers with a frown. Half of them looked like X-Ds from Shadowrun's Sixth World. If they were runners, then violence was nothing new to them. Still, he was not about to cave in before a show of force. As Kal-El once said, " I fight guys who are stronger than me all the time."
Briefly, he closes his eyes. " Rao, grant me the strength to protect these people."
Then, his frown turns into a warm smile as he steps forward. " Lady, Gentlemen...this is a sanctuary. Not a place of violence. Please, come in and sit down. If there is something I can help you with in peace, I will. But, should you decide to resort to violence on this sacred ground, I will bring Rao's blessings to bear upon you. And I really do not want to do that."
Using a move action as everyone is still talking to activate his invulnerability.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Pratfall

Pratfall cheerfully patting the flower on his lapel and stepped forward.
"Right, the Squirt can make himself available. The Matchstick will have to speak for themselves... and who may you be?"