The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by kirinke »

Amy and Alice continue to get caught up when Alice catches an image on a screen that has to have been the tail end of a commercial - a young girl, more of a red ghost than a person, Alice almost felt as if the second that she was on the screen that the girl was staring directly at her...

There is no sign of the man, and no further Alice in Wonderland imagery at the moment, leaving the two old friends talking, and wondering on some level why they bumped into each other now of all times...
Alice

The girl shook her head. "Amy, did you see that?" she asked and described what she saw. "All of this imagry... I don't think it's a coincidence. Plus us bumping into each other after all this time...." she looked closer at the shop entrance. "Somehow I think we're being led somewhere." she hrmed.

"My bosses don't indulge in the subtle or cryptic that much. So this is decidely odd."

ooc
What is the place with the screen?
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"See what where?" Amy says as she spins around to look at what Alicia is looking at. "I was trying to find the man I was following. But he's gone, I guess. Bosses? Who are your bosses? I am feeling a bit led by the nose."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"There." she nodded to the screen. "Looked like a red ghost and it didn't feel like a commercial or even the end of one."

"From what you've said, that guy you were following was mimicking the White Rabbit. That's always a sign for me." she chuckled. "Usually I get the real deal, but still."

"My bosses are Dream and the Halloween King at the moment." she said mildly. "And yes, I'm feeling led by the nostrils as well." she frowned. "That's quite off-putting." she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet as she looked at the shop. "So either we're walking into a trap, or it's something else. Either way..."

She smiled. "Feeling curious?" she asked as she moved towards the shop.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

@Samuel

He looks at you quizzically.

"I... don't know. Probably because I didn't think they would believe me, but... that's not entirely true. I'm not gonna say something glib like the shield inspires trust... but I felt drawn to it, and to you."

@Eli and @Cat

Willow seems a little amused at Eli's discomfort toward Gabriella.

"Garou." She says to finally let the vampire's mind stop racing. Although it'll probably start racing for other reasons now...

"Please try to relax." Gabriella says. "Willow says you are to be trusted, so I will not start anything if you will not. Besides, there is too much of a shift of the status quo to judge beings based on their apparent allegiance."

"And as for the why's, well Cat, you're quite welcome but you had a much bigger role than you realize." Willow says, "And, this days is actually only going to get odder. Familiar faces indeed.

"I've been able to get dome downtime of late, but Ella and I were brought back together just as you were and after some incantations and web searches, we've come to the conclusion that there are seven of you. You all know each other, or knew each other, before the Merge and you all have developed powers. Some have so-called MGS. Others don't. But something wants you together. I'm trying to piece together why, but so far I have names... "

She proceeds to name the rest of the troupe...

@John Smith

"Are you kidding me? She's a two by four with raisins!" He shakes his head, and his eyes glaze over for a moment.

"No, Mr Smith. I am using the 'downside of his powers' to get in touch with you, and give you much needed information. Seek out Paul Stubbs - he'll be easier to find as Pratfall."

Murphy returns to normal, completely unaware of his momentary possession, and still railing though while she's cute, he things Jojovich has the body of a young adolescent.

@Pratfall

The other clown becomes agitated, but only looks all the more comical for his efforts and Pratfall's very real abilities... He slams on the walls to no avail... The party-goers cheer.

Dodge: 1d20+8 19
Strength Check: 1d20+2 8 (OOC - he's stuck something fierce... Against a Toughness 9 wall he needs a natural 20 for damage...)

@Amy and @Alice

The mysterious tardy man is long gone as you continue to chat in front of an electronics store - the display where Alice saw the red image merely a cctv trained on the sidewalk in front of the store, namely on you.

In the sky above, you catch site of a red and blue blur flying across the sky... not altogether untold post Merge...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

She rolls the provided word in her mind for a moment, before a brief flash of a memory flutters through her mind. Who's it was Eli wasn't even sure of by this point. Loup Garou. Werewolf. "Ah." She says rather dumbly, the picture having been clicked into place with that last key piece of information.

As the woman casually discusses the fact that she and apparently even her old friend had developed abilities post-merge, she carefully gripped the handle of her parasol in front of her. "To think that I wasn't so alone after all... Rowan." With confidence in hand, she shifted the umbrella to her offhand and reached to remove her sunglasses. "I'm not sure what happened to you, but after everything happened, I seemed to have... Well, merged with another version of myself. A vampire who's been alive since the fourteenth century. It was just dreams at first, but even my body changed after awhile."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"I don't think there's anything special about the shop," she says to Alicia as she looks to the sky. "Did you see that blur? Could have been Superman. There's a Church of Superman just down the street. I passed it on the way here. Could that be another one of your coincidences that aren't coincidences?"
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Samuel nods. " That's heartening to hear. Of course, I'll listen to your story. Come, sit. How did you receive those links and...was there anything else you got? Or just the links?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"I don't think there's anything special about the shop," she says to Alicia as she looks to the sky. "Did you see that blur? Could have been Superman. There's a Church of Superman just down the street. I passed it on the way here. Could that be another one of your coincidences that aren't coincidences?"
Alice

The young immortal chuckled. "Possibly. We can always look. There's no harm in it." she shook her head. "Following the rabbit, no matter what form he takes always leads to something curious." she mentally marked the electronics shop for later.

"If nothing else, all this exploration will get us both re-acquainted with this changed town we've found ourselves in." she said amiably.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:09 am As the woman casually discusses the fact that she and apparently even her old friend had developed abilities post-merge, she carefully gripped the handle of her parasol in front of her. "To think that I wasn't so alone after all... Rowan." With confidence in hand, she shifted the umbrella to her offhand and reached to remove her sunglasses. "I'm not sure what happened to you, but after everything happened, I seemed to have... Well, merged with another version of myself. A vampire who's been alive since the fourteenth century. It was just dreams at first, but even my body changed after awhile."
Cat McKenzie
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition- bonding

Cat chuckled softly at Willow's comments. "Seven of us, huh? Lucky seven? At least it isn't nine, with a passel of pesky hobbits."

As Eli spoke up, Cat turned to regard her more carefully- and when the other woman finished her confession, Cat looked over at Willow for just a second and smiled. "Survey says- Vampire. Come on, I always wanted to say that." Switching back to Eli she gave a tiny nod of acknowledgement. "Looks like we ARE going to have some catching up to do. I suppose its only fair to let you know I am a Slayer. Or well, I was... Or... Let's just say it is a little more complicated. Who I was, who I became after the Merge, what has happened since- Even I'm not entirely sure who I am now, WHAT I am now. And I don't have a good explanation ready, so I'll tell you more later. For a start, you can call me Cat now- Rowan is who I WAS." She flashed a brief smile. "And hey, Slayer or not, if you are under control enough to still be in the Academy that means there is still a lot of YOU in there, and that's good enough for me- as long as you don't start dropping glitter all over, that would just be too much..."

She lifted her own hand, and removed her own sunglasses, letting Eli and Gabriella see what Willow already knew- the green/gold slit-pupiled eyes of a cat. "Not the weirdest day I've had since the Merge, but it is in the running, and the day is still young. I guess we've got to go round up a few other folks 'round town. I was already going to look up Mr. Smith- I've got some gear to hook up. And I remember Alice- she was even weirder and geekier than I was. Are they all local, either here in the city or back in Bay Shore? Or is finding them going to be part of the fun? Maybe I'll have to see if my divinations are up to par." She smiled shyly at Willow. "They aren't as good as yours, I mean, obviously, but I am learning..."

She reached into the pocket of her jacket and pulled out a phone- then looked at it briefly before she put it away again and reached into another pocket and pulled out a different phone. She waved it towards Eli. "Shall we? I've still got a 707, 253-.."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

"Guess we've all changed since then, in each our own way." She smiled, though still not comfortable enough to reveal anything pointy. If she was honest with herself, perhaps she'd never be. "As long as you'll still call me Eli as always, then I'm happy with that. It was never her name, it's something that's undeniably my own. I promise you that I've been a strict vegetarian since my diet changed."

When her old friend now mentally dubbed as Cat pulled out a phone, she brought out her own to exchange contact information. "I've had an upgrade since then. The prices around this city are probably the among lowest for the most advanced in the whole country. At least the Merge wasn't all misery and doom. Hmm.... Alice, we went to school with her right? And then there's that Mr. Smith, and that clown Pratfall from back then. Not sure who Samuel is, but the he's from the Jamesons right? Then there's Amy.. even her? To think there was really that many of us."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:44 am @John Smith

"Are you kidding me? She's a two by four with raisins!" He shakes his head, and his eyes glaze over for a moment.

"No, Mr Smith. I am using the 'downside of his powers' to get in touch with you, and give you much needed information. Seek out Paul Stubbs - he'll be easier to find as Pratfall."

Murphy returns to normal, completely unaware of his momentary possession, and still railing though while she's cute, he things Jojovich has the body of a young adolescent.
John is too stunned to ask relevant questions before the 'voice' is gone again. The name Paul Stubbs tickled at John's minds and he (or one of him at least) recalled the tired-looking wage slave from Bodega. He'd heard the man was goblinized by The Merge and possibly left.

He reminds Murphy about the red-headed, thermal-bandage-wearing Jojovich from 5th Element, which, in his mind at least, wins any argument for hotness and, seeing as how they were done there, says he will punch out. He hopes they get a chance to work together again but as a contract support person he can never be sure but he trades cards with the man just in case.

Back at the Geekmobile he uses the computer and communication equipment there to find a number for 'Pratfall' and/or Paul Stubbs and dials it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"You know it's funny, I've never really been in a church of any sort since before the Merge and even then I wasn't a regular." she shrugged. "I've had other problems to deal with."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I doubt the Church of El there is much like traditional church," Amy says. "I know more about some churches since the Merge."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl laughed. "I know more about the major holidays than church at the moment. It helps that I fought with them during the war in the Dreaming." she shuddered. "Chaos monsters and dream horrors do not make for good neighbors." she said as they came to the building in question.

"Let's see what's in it, right?" she said to her friend.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"Sure," she says as they head toward the Church of El.