The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 4
~^v~~v^~

"Oh, ah, yeah sure." Eli conceeded with a rather owlish blink.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl nodded and boldly did what she did best. Walk into trouble. Thankfully, her current sharp-toothed friend actually would help her!
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Samuel notices that the cadence of the Smith on the screen is slightly... off. His Kryptonian enhanced hearing notices that certain words are not spoken the same.

(OOC - for Amy - I did not forget her. I did not ask her - or Smith - for Perception checks as I didn't think they had the means to pick up on this...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Samuel looks at Irons...then writes up a note and passes it to him at superspeed. The note reads, " Eyes Only: something is strange about monitor-Smith here. If he got affected during the Incursion, there could be something else in there with him."
The madness some of the things that broke through during the Incursion was able to even affect electronics. They even had to have exorcisms for vital mainframes before everything ran smoothtly again once the Incursion was over.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:14 am (OOC - for Amy - I did not forget her. I did not ask her - or Smith - for Perception checks as I didn't think they had the means to pick up on this...)
Didn't you ask Smith for a perception roll?
Bladewind wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:47 am Smith, and Samuel - please make a Perception Roll - DC 17 for Smith, 22 for Samuel.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Crap. Brain went fuzzy. I did. Sorry.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[[Did Smith see the same things or different things?]]
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

(Same)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Hey.... Me. You look a little... off. Are you from one of the Verses where things are far different from this one?" John asks without compunction.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The image doesn't falter or show signs of surprise.

"No. I'm you. It's just that I'm a digital copy. One from about six months ago. When the computer program I overwrote became self aware and realized there was an issue that you would be well suited to solving.

"I apologize for the deception, but I needed an agent that I could interface with easily."

Irons reads Samuel's note, and simply nods. With Real Smith confronting the issue head on, it looks like you might all have some answers on how you were brought together so... conveniently.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John looks impressed. "Our own personal Smith-Headroom. I can respect that."

"Do you have passage for us to Canada? Boarding when we get there? Leads for what we do when we get there?" Smith asks.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Playback raises a hand. For a robot he shows quite a bit of enthusiasm and is very expressive.

"I can't allow you to come over land, but I am authorized to request a ground bridge from here to my HQ and from there to Canada. Smith requested it in fact - Screen Smith that is."

"Precisely." Screen-Smith says, he seems to like the reference to Smith-Headroom. "I believe your best lead is the facility you've already located. Tuolema's also maintains a large estate."

An address is texted to Smith's phone.

"You probably won't see any other bots," Playback states, " the Ground Bridge chamber is accessed only when in use. Other than whoever is manning the controls that is."

OOC - the Groundbridge is for convenience only. I have no intention of involving Transformers in this story... but since I set up Autobot City as north of the city...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Okay." Smith says. "We're all convening tomorrow afternoon. If we have coordinates or an address for this end of the bridge we'll all be there. I can bring my van through, right? We'll need a way to get around while there. And to check, we'll be getting back the same way?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"This is some kind of teleporter?" Amy asks.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Booga?
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5