The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by Flynnarrel »

Van Smith

The John on the phone had to wonder if the dispatcher had even heard him. He talks louder.
"Hostile metas no longer on premises. I repeat, hostile metas NO longer on premises. No need to 'come in hot' or whatever means your guys have guns out and aren't thinking clearly. Scene safe. Supergirl is on scene, even. Yes, Supergirl. You can get statements and collect evidence and all that. But no guns needed. It's Supergirl." John says trying to calm the situation.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Understood. Be ready to provide statements."

A squad car rounds the corner - and it's lights are not flashing, suggesting that whatever Smith heard was another emergency.

Yes. He's dealing with a real winner as far as dispatchers go.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How are the Smiths doing with downloading/tracing droid transmissions and/or GPS tracking?
Inside the church, John Smith looks to the others. "Cops will be here soon. They'll want statements and the droid. The trigger might be disarmed but it's still filled with explosives. Things'll be crazy so if there's anything anyone needs to share with the class..." he looks pointedly at Dent and Supergirl.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

*** I should put a spoiler alert up... I am giving away the big reveal at the end of the second act of the book with this post... ***

Supergirl finishes the book and hands it Samuel, apparently assuming he can speed read it too.

"Decent read. So, we're dealing with an XD with a god complex? Landsman - I assume we're talking about the junior and not the senior," She glances at Dent, "Essentially unlocked the genetic code of the so-called god-gene. And, well, created gods. Styling himself Zeus, he gathered others and proceeded to impose his will on the world.

"Now, since no one claiming to be Greek gods have appeared, at least that I'm aware of, I'm assuming your 'friend' is operating differently since the Merge. Doesn't explain the Gladitori unless they're his 'new' Pantheon."

Dent nods.

"I feel like I should know more, but..." he adds. "I had this urge to seek out, well, the House of El. I would have gone to you or your cousin, but the church was easier to get to..."

"I'm wondering if the Titans would be worth tracking down, if they're out there." Supergirl thinks out loud, "The Titans in the book are the group that Zeus' father - mortal father - gathers and gives power armor to fight the gods."

Of course, none of this explains why you were drawn together in the first place. The coincidence surrounding that particular turn of events is still out there.... that and the Alice in Wonderland imagery that some experienced (which could have been Alice's telepathy operating subconsciously... but doesn't feel likely.) There's also the Umbrella Corporation logo - which if Alice thinks about it, is kind of similar to the peppermints that she suddenly grew a fondness for...

(Samuel can read the book if he wishes, by by math, it would take him a minute...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"My day has just been odd." she said and described the unlikely events that led up to this meeting.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John Smith

"When the cops ask us what we were all doing here we should probably have an answer other than 'we were inexplicably and supernaturally drawn to this place and company'." Smith advises. "It may be accurate but I think it muddles up police reports."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl chuckled. "It is the truth though. Whether it gives them problems isn't a great concern. I am sure they have heard far stranger things." she shrugged. "A hard truth is simple and easy to keep track of."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"I can probably get the DXDO to handle that for you." Supergirl says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

The young woman stands with her hands clasped together at her waist, listening without much to comment initially. "I'm studying at the San Fransokyo police academy, though we... Hadn't really covered meta-affairs just yet. This will be a good first hand expereince though for me, I think." Eli said, trying to look for the positive.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"And some of us are... concerned what a public record association with any supernatural or Merge-y things might mean for future teaching positions. I don't like it either, but vanilla humans can be finicky about anything different or other. The world hasn't been Merged all that long and things are still shaking out and shaping themselves." John says. "Please, as far as the reports show I saw some of my former students and I was curious and looked in. I became an embroiled bystander - wrong place, wrong time. In fact, say I wasn't even IN the church, I was watching and listening from outside and I stumbled on the right frequency to shut down the droid-bomb from my van."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The police car stops in front of the church, two officers get out, plainly visible to Van Smith.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

"Erm..." Eli speaks out, shifting from one foot to the other as she starts to fret. She could understand Mr. Johnson's wish for privacy, but she didn't really think she should be lying to her (hopefully) future collegues like that. Just what was the right thing here?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"It's a bit late for that Mr. Smith." she said dryly. "Whatever you do keep it simple, to the point and straightforward." she advised. "Is it alright to not use names?" she asked.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Samuel reads through the book at super-speed. " Interesting read", he says and hands it back to Supergirl. " And thank you. I want to be clear...this whole thing is not about worshipping you or your cousin, although we hold all members of the House of El in high regard. It's about following your example."

He switches to Kryptonian to add " I can give you my number to set up a meeting, if you are okay with that."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl of course knew about Superman and his extended family. The basic ideals they professed were sound. At least in her eyes it was as good a philosophy as any and better than some. "I personally don't see anything wrong with it. The ideals that you and your family represent are sound."

ooc
In her explanation, she did tell them who she was, her basic backstory and why she was in the area.

Battle Init