The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
HP: 2
~^v~~v^~

Glancing at the severely dented Droid being carried in John's hands, Eli voiced herself. "Erhm.... Were they really? I don't think any of us even got hurt at all."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"We were evenly matched. Perhaps too evenly matched." she considered. "I think... This might have been a calibration test." the words came from that same Capricia echo. "Which is frightening of itself." she shook her head. "Forgive me. I have many 'voices' in my head. One of them hailed from Capricia. She remembers the Cylons quite well." she shivered again. "This hits a little too close to home for her."

ooc
http://orokos.com/roll/756837 22 popular culture, using her gestalt merge echoes as a framing device.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

"I.... I have no idea what any of those things are, sorry." Eli admitted, having never watched sci-fi in her life. Wait, could it even be called that anymore when most those series are now part of reality?
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"The reality is often more frightening and horrifying than the show or game or story it represents." Alice said tiredly. "We muddle as best as we can through the memories of it." she smiled lopsidedly. "If you do not know, I do not blame you and am in fact glad you don't. Ignorance is bliss. Forgetting is even worse. Cherish your memories, even the bad ones, because they are who you are. Good and bad and everything in between." her vocals were odd, as if there were a hundred voices underneath, whispering along side her main one. It cleared and once again, she was just Alice.

Only Alice.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Only those with the sharpest of hearing can pick up when Dent softly whispers...

"I know who Landsman is."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

Eli flinched, as flashes of brutal murder scenes fluttered through her mind. "I-I'd rather not, really."
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Church Smith.

John frowns at Miss Walsh's comment but says nothing (not having heard Dent's comment). He goes through the held open door and several figures join him that can't be seen from the inside of the church. They share the load and carry the droid to the van.

(Supergirl can, of course, see several identical Johns sharing the load betwixt them all and carrying it to a nearby van.)

A different yet identical John Smith goes back into the House of El after the hand off.

Van Smith

The John on the phone with the police tell them that the perpetrators are no longer around and that there is no longer violence.

The others start downloading and back tracing the droid's last transmissions and if the the droid is GPS cap[able, a log of where it's been. He also looks for a maker's mark to maybe track it that way.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

The girl blinked in confusion, as the heat signature that came back from the van was not of the John she saw carrying the droid out to it. She choose not to say anything however, as her teacher clearly didn't want to explain what that was all about just now. Though it did answer a few questions she'd had floating around in her head.
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice
Only those with the sharpest of hearing can pick up when Dent softly whispers...

"I know who Landsman is."
"From your tone of voice, I take it the man is not very pleasant." she asked.

ooc
or telepathy...😁

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"What did he say?"

Amy also notices that John is John yet not John (merge sense analytic) but that's not important now.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Samuel breathes a sigh of relief when the battle is over...even more so when he hears that these people were not actually dead but probably just woke up somewhere else. And then Supergirl showed up and he just stares in awe for a moment before he manages to gather himself, having only eyes for her.
" Kara...Zor-El?" he asks, " I...I welcome you in this humble place of worship. And I hope my kryptonian is not too rusty...." (he is addressing her in Kryptonian).
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

John Smith

Church:

From near the entrance, the former teacher looks at Samuel's expression. "Wow, you're like a Furry suddenly in the presence of Mr. Snuffleupagus."

Van:
[Let me know if you need any rolls or what the police say.]
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

(Police reaction forthcoming.)

Supergirl smiles at Samuel.

"Kara is fine." She says in English, "You honor me by speaking Kryptonian. And thank you for all you do here. I was originally... a little weirded out by a temple dedicated to the House of El - my experience with something similar was unpleasant at best. But you do good work.

"Sounds like you've had a little excitement today." She looks at the young man standing next to Samuel. "I noticed you earlier. And considering that you're not coming out from cover, I'm guessing that the T-Shirt you're wearing has some significance?"

Dent stammers, clearly just as starstruck as Samuel.

"Um, er, yeah, I'm called Shield. I'm pretty much invulnerable..."

"Pleased to meet you, Shield. So, who is this Landsman and why would he want anything with the House of El" She gestures to the church, "or your friends?"

Dent reaches into his backpack and pulls out a novel and offers it to Supergirl. He waits while she flips through it.

(It'll take the Girl of Steel about 15 seconds to read the book...)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

The girl cocks her head. "I just know Mr. Landsman must be singularly unpleasant, given his hired help." she said dryly. "Other than that. This day has been most odd."

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The police speak with the Smith in the van.

"Say again? An attack by Metas at the Church of El? We have a car on route - how much resistance can be expected? And please repeat, what actions did your associates take against them? Injuries?"

Sirens wail fairly close by suggesting more than a car is on route.