The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
FuzzyBoots

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - IC

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Pratfall
HP: 2

A bit nonplussed, having assumed that there was going to be more complications, Pratfall surreptitiously "borrowed" a cell phone from one of the parents, and dialed the authorities, reporting the details as he continued to twist balloons with the other hand for the kids. At the completion of the call, he made the phone "disappear" and then proceeded to make it appear from one little girl's ear.
"Ooh... I think maybe you need to clean those more often. And miss, you might want to clean this off. Who knows where this little girl's eats have have been. And as for this fellow" he said, tapping on the outside of the invisible box, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to take him off to be rehabilitated. Remember, kids, there are good clowns and bad clowns, and this one is?"

"A VERY BAD CLOWN," chorused the kids.
"And you know what to do if you run into a bad clown?"
"Kick 'em in the fork!" chirped the girl brandishing the wrestling luchadore monkeys. Pratfall reflexively winced, engendering a squeak from a hidden bicycle horn.
"Well... I can't endorse violence, even against Very Bad Clowns, but what you can do is find a responsible adult. Now do we have any here?" Most of the parents raised their hands, a few a bit more shaky as they realize the imprisoned clown really wasn't part of the act.

"Good, good! Now Bob over there didn't raise his hand, so I guess instead of a responsible adult, he's a volunteer. Hey kids, want to see me saw Bob in half and then restore him? C'mon Bob, be a sport." he said, in a chorus of kid cheers.

And with that, he continued the show, Bob being a good sport after all, and he came together in the end. As for the crime turned mime, he just yelled silently in the background until the police showed up.
Sorry for the delay. Work trip, and now in Tennessee for a family reunion. Well, in the hospital at the moment, getting my wife checked out after we got into a fender bender. On the bright side, I know the airbags work. Or at least used to, since the car will probably be totaled by the insurance company.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Bladewind?
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Okay, Bladewind accidentially posted this in the Agents& Powers thread (where it still is)
I am reposting this here so we can continue without having to wait for him to repost it :)

With Eli and Cat catching up, Willow and Gabriella are able to give them a little more information. There have been various omens and signs in the last several weeks, nothing new in the Merged world as even now things are still going bump in the night... but there has been something else... A presence of some kind that is not primal, not (for want of a better word) Cthullian, and not malevolent but still somehow threatening is pressing on the psychic community but they have no lead...

Willow indicates that she's seen the symbol of the House of El a lot, and had been mostly taking that to represent the beacon of hope that Superman represents. But then, a Church of El was founded in San Fransokyo and shortly after, the Supergirl TV series (which, like many shows, now focuses on "fictionalizing" actual events in the Merged world as opposed to "tapping" into Earth 37....) moved its set to the same city... It's too much of a coincidence.

Speaking of the House of El... Jason explains to Sam that the information he received in more detail. He mentions that despite how young he looks he was tied at one point to a research project with no link that he can see to these deaths, but that was nonetheless trying to make sense of the Merge and how some people who were normal Earthers were now developing powers. Heavily involved with research of the so-called Merge Gestalt Syndrome, they wanted to know the source of activation of the powers in the hopes of "curing" it... He's not naive enough to not think they would also have weaponized it.

(Samuel can give me Insight or Perception rolls, result will determine what else he learns.)

As Jason finished his explanations, the doors to the church are opened and Amy and Alice enter.

Pratfall finishes his routine and show to discover a message (or series of miss calls) from a John Smith... the name is common enough, mundane enough and not one that could easily stir memories, but the clown does recall a john Smith that he knew years ago.... nah. Couldn't be. Only one way to find out...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

"Hullo?" she asked out, looking at the relatively empty church, save for a small group of people chatting near the front. Services must have just let out. For those with the appropriate senses, she register's as an Earther, but changed.

ooc
Couldn't be worse than me posting something about the Young heroes in another thread. :)
Last edited by kirinke on Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 am Pratfall finishes his routine and show to discover a message (or series of miss calls) from a John Smith... the name is common enough, mundane enough and not one that could easily stir memories, but the clown does recall a john Smith that he knew years ago.... nah. Couldn't be. Only one way to find out...
The messages are along the lines of "Hey, I don't know if you remember me from Bodega, and I'm sure this is going to sound bizarre, I guess, not so much since the Big-M, but... this... voice (?) told me I should contact you so... do you need help.. or anything?" He leaves a callback number.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

She nibbles on her lower lip as Willow continues explaining her findings. "That church is nearby isn't it? Do you think we should be going there? Maybe more of the others you've mentioned are there. I just... don't really know what you want us to do overall."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"I just... don't really know what you want us to do overall."
Willow sighs and exchanges a look with Gabriella.

"That`s the thing. Neither do I. I'm going off the notion that the people I`ve seen and names that have come to me know each other or knew each other at some point so the risk is low to get you to meet... Sometimes its like I'm playing chess only to discover it`s Star Trek Chess. And I'm a pawn."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Elizabeth "Eli" Walsh
~^v~~v^~

A look of confusion crosses her face at the sci-fi reference, the girl having never watched s single episode of any Star Trek series. With the theory that it was probably some overly complicated game, she considers the meaning understood.

"We can always look for them ourselves." Eli proposes, still of mind to investigate the church nearby.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel
Aaand we start with a crappy roll. Nice!
http://orokos.com/roll/733951 13 with a natural 1.
Samuel listens and nods. " Getting powers as a native is not necessarily linked to Gestalt Syndrome. There are quite a few people out there who have developed X-genes or similar metahuman abilities. I mean, Japan, for example, has seen a dramatic increase in the numbers of people with superhuman abilities since the Incursion and the death of All-Might, Rao rest his soul. Still...from what you are saying, these people are not exactly getting powers...or, if they are, their powers are overwhelming them. Which, unfortunately, does happen. But usually...without a pattern."

He turns to look and smile at the newcomer. " Welcome. Rao's blessings upon you!"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Amy

"Samuel Jameson?" she says recognizing the man. "Is that you? It's been ages since I last saw you. You moved to Frisco with, what was her name?" Amy stops herself from rambling on until she remember Alice standing next to her. "Did you know Alicia?" she asks point her out. "I knew her from the same beach as I knew your girlfriend from."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Cat McKenzie
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: fine

Cat listened as Willow laid out what little they knew- and as Eli asked a bit of follow-up, Cat tapped on her phone for a moment. "Looks like the local Church of El isn't that far away at all, just a couple of blocks. We could take a walk over there, I guess- it doesn't even look far enough for me to bother getting back in the truck and having to find a new parking space." She looked around at Eli, then Gabriella, and at last Willow. The redhead was still a Power in the world, and even a speck of approval went a long way...

"It seems like as good a place to start as anything, and it's something we can do right now. Any other digging is likely to take some time- I haven't even unpacked my ritual gear, and my computer is sitting on my desk." She turned back to Gabriella. "I guess I'll be back to check out the store later- seems like I might need to stock up, and Bay Shore only has a shop full of 'Healing Crystals'- not exactly a robust selection..."

And the, finally, she turned to Eli. "Come on then, let's go for a walk and see if we can get into trouble. Have they started teaching any investigative stuff in the Academy yet?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice
He turns to look and smile at the newcomer. " Welcome. Rao's blessings upon you!"
The girl bowed and straightened. "Forgive our intrusion. We mean no harm." she added, as if speaking for more than one person. In fact, her voice seemed to echo oddly for a moment, before her normal tones reasserted herself.
"Samuel Jameson?" she says recognizing the man. "Is that you? It's been ages since I last saw you. You moved to Frisco with, what was her name?" Amy stops herself from rambling on until she remember Alice standing next to her. "Did you know Alicia?" she asks point her out. "I knew her from the same beach as I knew your girlfriend from."
Alice smiled at that. It had been.... A long time since somebody had called her by her name before the Merge. She really didn't have the heart to correct her friend and besides, part of this 'return home' was to rediscover Alicia and heal from the horrors of the Dream Wars. At least that was the intent. The other part was to hunt down the nightmares and monsters that weren't obeying Dream and Halloween's laws. But enough woolgathering.

"You seem familiar, but it has been along time and much has changed since then." she rocked back and forth on her feet, trying to place the man. Her memories of before the Merge were a bit fractured, given how many different echoes of 'Alice' were in her head. So it was a bit hard to place him. "Forgive me I don't quite remember you sir. It has.... My memory isn't as it was." she sighed and admitted. "Gestalt problems among other things."

ooc
I don't remember how Alicia and Samuel Jameson would know each other.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

// OOC - IIRC, Alicia is the daughter of someone close to Samuel or his family
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alice

As soon as she said that, memories flicked in her mind. Summer barbeques, with her Father laughing with this man, Mom cutting a strawberry pie. The smell of fresh mowed lawn.

"You were friends with my father!" she laughed and sobered just as suddenly. "I remember!"

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Samuel

Upon recognizing them, his face lights up. " Amy?! It's been forever! How are you? And...Alice? Wow...where did you two come from all of a sudden? Please...make yourselves feel comfortable! As much as that is possible, of course...things are still a bit sparse, haven't had time to really think about what interior design we need for the future...but say...how has life been treating you?"