Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" From what we know", Anderson says, " and, please remember, our knowledge about many of the merged realities is still spotty - they all carry a very unique DNA sequence that, for some reason, resists Reaper indoctrination. They were targeted by the Singularity Alliance for that reason, we believe. And that, in turn, piqued our interest."
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Reaper indoctrination? What's that?" Ryou asked, having never really been into video games previously.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" The Reapers are from my universe", Anderson explains, " they are a highly advanced machine lifeform that invades the galaxy every 50,000 years to scourge it of advanced civilizations...in order to prevent them from ever creating synthetic lifeforms and going to war with those. Yes, it's terrible logic. Anyway, Reaper technology emits a certain kind of radiation that slowly drives people mad and turns them into willing servants of the Reapers."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Ah," He uttered mutely. "Perhaps I should be cautious as well then. Things like mind control have no effect on me either, for... similar but different genetic reasons."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

M'Att/ J'Onn nods again.

”Now that everyone is more aware of the stakes...” M'Att retakes his normal form,

"I believe the use of this form is better suited to keeping our enemies off balance and unaware of our abilities and connections...”

M'Att actually inwardly breathed a sigh of relief - it had worked, he'd gotten much needed intel. Bringing Ryou and Helena along had been a calculated risk - he couldn't communicate with the former telepathically, but his powers were very useful. As for Helena, well, she was able to ask questions that he could not as the Manhunter, as least not without raising suspicion. He had sort of outed himself to the others in that he wasn't the vapid and naive being he pretended to be, but it had been worth it... Now, if he could just avoid having an encounter with the *real* Martian Manhunter any time soon... that would be great.

Mind you, given the danger that they's been facing, M'Att felt justified in his actions.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"Clanks can be just as crazy as organics." Helena noted dryly. "These Reapers must have had some truly psychotic creators."

ooc
It's Helena. :)
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" A truly powerful organic species who were worshipped as gods in the early universe. Until one of their servant species created synthetic lifeforms and a war began that robbed them of worshippers", Anderson says, " I think you can imagine the reason behind the Reaper's creation...."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"So I am not incorrect."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

CJ asks one of the office workers, "Is there any chance someone could make contact with one of the... the Starkbots? I have no idea how that would be done. But we did meet one of them earlier today and they might be able to help get us out of your hair."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The woman frowns. " Err....you mean...like that one?" She points to the window where one of the drones is hovering. " Ask and you shall receive. I monitor the 911 lines...well, not personally, an AI does and she was so nice to contact me directly", Stark's voice echoes from the drone's speaker. " What do you need me for?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"You remember these three exchange program student you rescued a couple hours ago," CJ starts, staying away from the window without actually taking a step back. She speaks quickly and nervously. "Well they were attacked at the embassy next door. One of them, the Xandarian, was a mole. The rest of my team destroyed the embassy representative who had been replaced with a robot. The Xandarian exploded. So your help getting things under control at the embassy and your help protecting these three from further attacks would be appreciated. The embassy seems to be secure but I didn't think it prudent to return until we were sure everything was under control."

While she's doing this, she is scanning the bot for any hint of mental signature. She doesn't know how the Starkbot telepresence works but it might register as a mind. She is paranoid enough, especially around bots, to wonder if this might be a ruse. She also is sure to stand between the bot and the aliens within touching distance of the three of them. She holds a reaction to teleport herself and them away if the StarkBot seems to be charging its repulsors or does anything threatening.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

She does not find a mind - no doubt Stark made sure that the telepresence works only one way - but the bot does not charge its weapons. " I will take care of it. I suggest you go back to your teachers and friends in the meantime".
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Well, my friends are trapped in the embassy," CJ says. "And the teachers are accompanying other students on a trip through the city. I don't know if I can get back to the campus on my own."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

”All of this leaves me with a question...” M'Att says, still forcing the more "mature" approach, even though he was back in his "normal" form. ”Perhaps two.”

"If these beings managed to place a pair of Terminator robots in your midst, and one at a fairly high level, what was the purpose of having these students come here? Only to bring them harm, possibly kill them, and cause strife between fledgling alliances? Seems flimsy.

"And the other question, are we going to assume that the Terminators killed their 'hosts' as per the source material, without even looking into the matter?”
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Anderson shakes his head. " We are definitely going to look for Mr. Halsey. They couldn't have replaced him more than a few weeks ago." He scratches his chin. " Bringing our guests here...well, if something happened to them, Earth would probably be blamed. We'd be proven to be unable to provide security for allies."