The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - (Full) - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - Recruiting

Post by kirinke »

Lol, I think they all suffer from MGS to a degree. Though I think Alice and Smith have it the worst so far. No telling how many Alice's are locked in Alicia's head and none of them like doctors or shrinks at all.
Last edited by kirinke on Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

LOL
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hey man, it's the Merge, you're gonna get some interesting party compositions. ;)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

These are by far the most unusual though. I like it!

Bladewind, could you put the character's listed so far into the first page for easy reference? I think everyone would appreciate it! :)
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Noticed I built her as PL 8 capped but with the PL 9 PP. Went in with 15 points, touched up her vampire powers a little to be a bit more in line with the Anne Rice Vampires (Eidetic Memory, Immorality (Killable by beheading or immolation), made regeneration persistent... Man, her vampires were tough as hell weren't they. A few grab based advantages, plus the combat skills to match. Also adjusted equipment, as there already was a gas mask item in the book. Hers simply won't have the eye protection, if that's alright, for an increased canister lifespan.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Will build the char during the weekend. What I can state with certainty already, however, is that he does not suffer from MGS. He's just an ordinary guy who found religion and whose faith is strong enough to allow him to tap into certain powers.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I've added Social advantages to Pratfall, mainly moving four existing advantages down there. I added Fake Expert from Mecha and Manga. Let me know if it's acceptable. The TL;DR version is that it lets me substitute a Deception check for another skill check I don't have to make it look like I know what I'm doing. If I succeed, it actually works initially, but 5 rounds later, it becomes evident that I did not actually fix the problem, and might have made it worse.

Honestly, I put it in there more for comedic value than anything else. I liked the mental image of, say, fixing a plumbing problem and standing confidently in front of it as pipes begin to bulge and leak water. I don't expect it to be terribly useful since, well, it can't provide any lasting success, and as often as not, he'll be deceiving his teammates into thinking a problem has been solved when it really hasn't. The original version in MeMa had one pick two skills, but I couldn't really think of two that made sense, and that always seemed a but limiting that you have someone who couldn't actually do anything, and only in two areas.

With the remaining 4 points, I added Over Crank (Quickness 2 on Physical tasks), 2 points of Dodge (to bring him to caps), and Taunt.

And I decided to add Tracking 2 to my Detect Merger. Still not certain where that's going to come up...
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Would it be admissible to give my char " True Faith" as a quirk, meaning that a brandished House of El sigil would count as a holy symbol if need be?
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:16 pm Would it be admissible to give my char " True Faith" as a quirk, meaning that a brandished House of El sigil would count as a holy symbol if need be?
Would that be a "Quirk" in that his powers don't work when he doesn't have said sigil or are you thinking of it as a "Feature" where he can use the sigil to fuel other vaguely defined powers often associated with holy symbols?

Just curious.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:16 pm Would it be admissible to give my char " True Faith" as a quirk, meaning that a brandished House of El sigil would count as a holy symbol if need be?
Would that be a "Quirk" in that his powers don't work when he doesn't have said sigil or are you thinking of it as a "Feature" where he can use the sigil to fuel other vaguely defined powers often associated with holy symbols?

Just curious.
Sorry, I meant feature. Basically, he can make the sigil count as a holy symbol when, for example, encountering creatures vulnerable to such things (like some vampire strains).
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Definitely. The only hiccup with it though, is that generating a sigil is easy... sand, water on a surface, pen and paper... how did you envision it working?

Another thought... what about a benefit akin to favoured environment (in terms of the mechanics) where he is bolstered by the presence of members of the House of El (or those who wear the sigil). We could work out the details - for instance the Cyborg Superman isn't exactly a shining example but he wears it, and the League of Supermen (no I'm not pushing that they will be a part of this) strive mostly to live up to his standards...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Bladewind wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:57 pm
Definitely. The only hiccup with it though, is that generating a sigil is easy... sand, water on a surface, pen and paper... how did you envision it working?

Another thought... what about a benefit akin to favoured environment (in terms of the mechanics) where he is bolstered by the presence of members of the House of El (or those who wear the sigil). We could work out the details - for instance the Cyborg Superman isn't exactly a shining example but he wears it, and the League of Supermen (no I'm not pushing that they will be a part of this) strive mostly to live up to his standards...
Favoured environment? Would have to look it up.

In regards to the sigil...well, in vampire movies where vampires are vulnerable to it, it does also work with hastily constructed crosses etc. I am thinking of something along the lines of the True Faith merit in the WoD games where someone with True Faith could actually hold up a holy symbol and push back vampires etc.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

So I had a few ideas. Well, no, this is the Merge- I had a metric TON of ideas. which should surprise basically nobody. Some of them have already been covered by other submissions, so that helps. And now that I went back to re-read the original pitch, the idea of operating under the radar, not being an active full-time power user brings me down to two main ideas... Just basic ideas for now- I'll add more details in a bit.

1. "Jette": Primarily a flight-based speedster, a VERY reskinned version of my teen heroine Charger. She was adopted into a loving family shortly before the Merge, a family whose losses and trauma led them to hate and despise all of the "Invaders" (both those newly arrived and those changed). Jenny kept her mouth shut, and her head down, hiding her abilities as much as she could, for as long as could. It was only in the last month or so that she was discovered and cast out of her family and her new town. At loose ends, and still inexperienced, she has made her way back to Bay Shore...

2. WaRp: Teleporter (a bit martial artist, a bit energy projector, force of chaos). Once a gymnastics prodigy, Rose turned to martial arts to rebuild her body and her confidence after a terrible accident. In the aftermath of the Merge, it was revealed that she had Merged with the single other instance of herself, someone very similar (so a very mild case of MGS)- but that other self had been a newly Activated Slayer. In the events surrounding the Chaos Incursion, she was found and trained, and she went into battle against the forces of Chaos- where she lost, big time, her body warped and twisted out of all recognition, so terrible it tainted everything around it. It was only her own will and the durability of a Slayer which kept her alive. Once the Incursion was put to rest, Willow and the other great wizards of the world set to cleaning things up. Rose was one of the fortunate ones, one who could be saved- but even so, she was changed at a fundamental level, able to twist reality around herself. It took nearly a year before she was released, declared "safe", and allowed to pick up her life as best she can...
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Although, if I had to pick skills for Fake Expert, I feel like Persuade and Technology would work. The first winds up with the equivalent of running a Chinese Fire Drill on someone to convince them that they're already good friends with you, only to realize a bit later that they don't even have an Uncle Charlie. The second... well, more obvious, I guess.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:51 pm 2. ... her body warped and twisted out of all recognition, so terrible it tainted everything around it. It was only her own will and the durability of a Slayer which kept her alive. Once the Incursion was put to rest, Willow and the other great wizards of the world set to cleaning things up. Rose was one of the fortunate ones, one who could be saved- but even so, she was changed at a fundamental level,...
Reminds me of the Worm-verse spin-off series Ward where a main hero who had been twisted in body and mind, was set right, but still has to pick up the pieces of her psyche around the incident.
"Something pithy this way comes."