The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - (Full) - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - Recruiting until 05/27

Post by kirinke »

Grr. I'm changing the flight back to speed and leaping. I put the points into her intimdation/persuasion skills and one point on evasion in her advantages. Thematically, it fits her better.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

There.

Rowan 'Cat' McKenzie, AKA Final Girl is fundamentally done. I just need to detail her equipment and go over things with the editing flamethrower (or pen). And, well, find another hundred PP or so lying around to finish some odds and ends.

Maybe not that last part.

With all the physically competent characters posted so far, I tried to fill in some gaps. Not entirely sure how it will work, but worth a try.

The 'elevator pitch' is : What if a Slayer lost her 'superpowers' but was still committed to the task? Where would she go from there?

In keeping with the concept for the game, she has been inactive in a powers sense post-Chaos Incursion because she is recovering and training. She has returned 'home' in hopes that the memories of the old place will help provide strength in her struggle.

>Also, sending a PM to the GM shortly with a question or two.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

What exactly is the Chaos Incursion. It is mentioned in the Merge document but it is not described.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

The basic gist is some kind of Outsiders/Elder Gods/Chaos things tried to destroy the Merged world and were only stopped by an epic, world-spanning alliance of, well, just about everybody. Devices called Hearthstones were used to stabilize reality while some top-line Heroes did their thing.

Long form (quite long, but worth the read) is that this was the plotline for the 'Merge- Prologue to Annihilation ' game on the other board.

-Linky: https://roninarmy.com/forum/atomic-thin ... nihilation

Plenty of familiar faces...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You know, I've never actually tried reading the thread of a game I wasn't in before. Well, never finished at least. I always thought that a lot of things would be without context, due to some stuff being spoken in OOC or PM.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Since I wasn't in it, I try to not think of it as reading a game, and more as reading a story. Works out okay- which I guess is good, since I read/lurk along in far more games than I actually get in to.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

It was a fun romp. Our allies among the 'villians' Baba Yaga, Doctor Doom and Lucifer. The good guys were too numerous to count. ^)^

Most Merge games are a fun romp really. 8-)

Alice would thoroughly approve of the 'right dakka' for the situation mindset Cat has. For her though, the right dakka is usually her vorpal blade (favorite weapon) and copious amounts of applied violence.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - Recruiting Closed

Post by Bladewind »

Okay, so I've closed recruiting. Plan tonight is to review builds in more detail and make a decision about group make-up...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Good luck everyone!

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Bladewind wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:26 am Submissions/ Ideas:
Alice Liddle Dream Warrior - kirinke
Devotee of Superman/ Rao Samuel Jameson - Neo-Paladin
Elizabeth Walsh Vampire - Doctor Malsyn
Rowan Catherine McKenzie Slayer - patherfinderq1
John Smith - Flynnarrel
Pratfall - Fuzzyboots
FireBirdHawkStar MagmaNovaFire - jmucchiello
So... I've gone over your characters for glaring things and may still have a comment or two before an IC thread goes up, but I don't plan on point checking unless a given player really wants me to.

In terms of a roster, I've decided to take all seven. So please confirm you are still interested/ on board...

Specifically on characters:

@All - do you have questions that I have overlooked?

@kirinke - Alice's powers seem to be all over the place... a little late to ask this, but can you tighten the concept a little? I'm actually ok with the Mental Array, its the TK array that leaves me a little... cold. I don't get the justification from the Alice motif, unless I completely missed something?

@Neo-Paladin - Just for reference sake, what does he look like? Not to overstate or presume, but is he the only minister of the church? Does he have robes of office? Does he wear the S-shield? Have a tattoo? I basically just need a visual frame of reference for the character. Same things for followers - of course they run the gamut, but is there a specific symbol that they wear? (I mean form - ring/ pendant/ earrings... is anything less than encouraged? Tattoos/ Branding/ Piercings/ Cutting.....)

@Doctor Malsyn - The only real question I have here is whether or not Walsh has a particular fondness or lack thereof for various other supernaturals? Witches, Werewolves, Faeries?

@patherfinderq1 - I love the concept, question for you is are you good being, essentially, the badass normal?

@Flynarrel - So long as we don't have "Why did you say that name?" moment, we'll be good. Seriously, I really like the versatility on this one.

@Fuzzyboots - I had been leaning, now I am confirming that you do not need to put skills on the Fake Expert - I see it as a combo of Beginner's Luck and Jack of All Trades, flawed to not actually give a bonus... more potential for shenanigans if it's no restricted....

@jmucchiello - this character has a relevance to the story I have in mind - know that she will suffer some prejudice due to her power set - it will be made obvious in the opening IC post, but wanted to give you a heads up. May even be a complication.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. I'm all on board . :mrgreen:

Regarding her thoughts to other supernaturals. I think the very fact that she herself is a bloodthirsty beast capable of mass murder, yet still controlls her urges and do good despite them colors her opinion. As long as someone is trying to do good, or to at least resist the urge to fight or kill, Eli would be just fine with them, perhaps even respectful in a way. Same even goes for other vampires, though the feeling isn't exactly mutual there.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I'm in.

Has Amy experienced this prejudice before the game starts? I ask in case that isn't obvious in the opening post.

Also, I just noticed I left out of her background any kind of family. I'm going to rectify that in her background but I'm not adding those characters as Complications: they know how to stay away from danger. I might drop her age to 23 from 25. Not sure yet. The opening might help with that.

I'm also wondering if she could have secret powers or might she be publicly known for having fire powers. I didn't give her a "Carrie" background (although that might be an interesting latent personality that can hit her unexpectedly). Damn, now I have a new complication:

MGS Suppression: The psychiatrists that helped Amy recover her life caught glimpses of other personas lurking in her mind. They found, revealed, and help Amy make peace with the six heroes mentioned in her background. But some of the personas refused to be treated and hid from the psychiatrists.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

There could be hundreds of Mothers named 'Martha'... :)
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Official petition for John's hero name to be "Everyman".
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:04 am Official petition for John's hero name to be "Everyman".
I thought about that!
"Something pithy this way comes."