The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - (Full) - OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge - Gestalt Syndrome (M&M 3rd ED) - Recruiting

Post by jmucchiello »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 pm Now I can't help but imagine an entire super-team consisting of Pratfalls from other dimensions. They'll travel to every adventure inside of a miniature beetle.
You mean a very large living beetle that happens to look like a Volkswagon Beetle. :)
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:24 pm The Merge needs a "common" xenophobic origin which is shrouded in mystery. These beings are rare but not unheard of. But try as they might (and there are plenty who have tried hard) no one cannot find the source material for them. But everyone knows they weren't part of the base Earth history pre-merge.
Oh, there are many such things around. That was one of the reasons people quickly neglected the " fiction coming to life" theory in favour of the "multiversal crash" theory - there were things and people out there no one had ever written about.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Ther is also the fact with all of the various energies clashing and merging new things were bound to come out of that alone.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:46 pm I did my best to amend Pratfall with the shared background. I figure that, small as the town was, him being a clown was probably fairly common knowledge even before his empowerment.

And Bladewind, are you OK with Fake Expert? Do you need me to pick skills?
I am good with it, I forgot to go back and check the source material... I'm leaning towards not picking skills.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

There was a universe where the Joker was good. That could have spawned a few copy cat 'heroes'.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

In the Merge, are there still multiple universes? In many fictions like Worm or The Reckoners there's still a conception of multiple parallel universes. Did those exist?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

At the end of Prologue to Annhilation it was suggested that one day "we" would rejoin the multiverse, but for now we were alone... If they do exist, this Earth is cut off from them and all means of parallel dimension shifting no longer work.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I've wondered for some time what it would be like to play a sorta... Merge-affiliate or Merge-lite campaign. All those other realities, yet not every part of them merged over to this one. Call it... The Mege: Splinters. Venture through the shattered multiverse surrounding the main, where things are still sliding into place.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

I know the Dreaming exists. The higher and lower planes also exist. Probably the Holiday worlds as well, since they're so heavily connected to the Dreaming itself. The elemental planes probably also exist.

What do you think Neo?

Planes are sort of different from other realities though, Planes are connected to the Prime material plane they're associated with.

So if you want, I can change dimensional travel to planar travel.

Battle Init
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:22 pm Now I can't help but imagine an entire super-team consisting of Pratfalls from other dimensions. They'll travel to every adventure inside of a miniature beetle.
"In the Multiverse, sometimes clowns go bad, spreading terror instead of joy. One groups of clowns travels the Multiverse, policing these mad jokesters who have violated the sacred greasepaint. They call themselves The Insane Clown Posse. Honk honk."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

FuzzyBoots wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:13 am
"In the Multiverse, sometimes clowns go bad, spreading terror instead of joy. One groups of clowns travels the Multiverse, policing these mad jokesters who have violated the sacred greasepaint. They call themselves The Insane Clown Posse. Honk honk."
:roll:

:lol:
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Of course you realize that Cat, as a Slayer, will refer to Pratfall as "Pennywise".

I'm putting the finishing touches on my build for Cat, should be done in the next day or so. Of note, the idea of using Gotham's version of Selina Kyle as a role model was leading me a bit too close in attitude to my other Merge character. Instead, she is likely to be influenced by other Slayer role models with non-traditional equipment and attitudes- Selene from Underworld, Hit Girl, and the true idol and role model for a modern Slayer- Karrin Murphy. As such, she is likely to be compensating for the lingering weakness and injury she took in the Chaos Incursion by bringing a bag of guns...
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

And their greatest foes are the Mimes!!!!!

You know, I made Alice have pretty decent acrobatic/persuasion/intimidation skills. Watch me tank those rolls because of it.

I had one character I statted out as a blaster type and she couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at two paces (on the plus side she usually always made her defense saves, but still). Then I had another character with a high perception skill and she constantly rolled like ones or twos!

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Some comments from the original Mer game, by Neo-Paladin
By the way, several mystics have theorised that this Earth's lack of superhumans (and the subconscious or quite conscious desire of more than a few humans for things to be different in that regard) combined with the amount of media covering them created a psychic "pull" that drew so many worlds covered in their comic books etc. into it at the time of the Merge.
Neo-Paladin; wrote:Re: The Merge: Prologue to Annihilation

"The multiverse still exists and in time, your universe will drift closer to one or more clusters once again. "

-----

In the end, the Hearthstones help in driving the remaining forces of Dissolution out, or at least back to their various hidey-holes. The nations of the world are reeling, finally realizing how utterly devastating the Merge aftermath could be. Some react with sudden wisdom and understanding... others, less so.

It is a bitter truth that often, after a crisis ends, the saviours have to serve as scapegoats. And scapegoats are what the people are crying for. More than 2,000 000 people are dead with a much higher number having lost their minds or been turned into monstrosities.

Such figures demand answers. Often, a cry for answers turns into a cry for vengeance.

But even as public opinion turns against many heroes - and, in some tragic cases, just people with the wrong hobbies or interests - others step in, reminding everyone that this world has protectors.

That the ultimate end was prevented.

And those who did that are not going to step down, are not going to step back.

After the Merge and the initial shocks and destruction, some people wondered if it had been their fault. That, in a world bereft of magic and superheroes, their outcry for any sliver of hope had somehow brought all those disparate universes crashing into one.

In the end, it does not matter. The heroes are here. And they are going to stay, praised or not, powered or not.

The spark of hope remains.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

kirinke wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am I know the Dreaming exists. The higher and lower planes also exist. Probably the Holiday worlds as well, since they're so heavily connected to the Dreaming itself. The elemental planes probably also exist.

What do you think Neo?

Planes are sort of different from other realities though, Planes are connected to the Prime material plane they're associated with.

So if you want, I can change dimensional travel to planar travel.
That would make sense...the " hangers-on planes" like the metaphysical planes are still there, in fact, they have Merged, too, which is the reason you do not see many regular demons on Earth - the Hells are locked in a neverending war for supremacy. Having Demon Lords, Archdevils and seemingly 100+ versions of the Devil Himself in one place tends to lead to that....
The Heavens are a lot more peaceful, though.