[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arca-knight
HP 1
Condition: -1 bruised

Toughness save DC 24: 1d20+10-1: 15 another -1 and dazed.

Condition: -2 bruised + dazed.

The beam from a different opponent caught Arca-knight off guard and struck hard. As she blinked the spots out of her vision she muttered to herself: "Rookie mistake, can't let them keep chipping away my defense. Time to go big."

And go big she does, Conjuring a massive storm of magical bolts to saturate an area of the battlefield with glowing magical PAIN.

OOC: Magic Missile Massacre Maelstrom: Damage +10 (extras: area +1, range +1)

quick question, how many of them can I catch with this without friendly fire?
EDIT: and with that answered I'll target 3 and 4
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arca-Knight

The slower of the two mercs is on the edge of the blast which is the only thing that saves him from being blown into next week.

His partner covers up pretty well but his armor is definitely showing the multiple hits.
#3 and #4 Dodge save: 1d20+9 27 14
#3 TOU save vs DC20: 1d20+11-1 11
Bx2, still Staggered
#4 TOU save vs DC25: 1d20+11-2 19
Bx3, Dazed

Kit is up
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine

Nimbly avoiding the blast damage drawing on his previous experiments with coordinated fights, Kit just looks at the group dumb founded. "If you guys are going to do stunts, you gotta get them coordinated and down right. Whoever trained you clearly had no flair or vision. its like watching Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead with how badly you guys fight. If you weren't trying to go after us, I might have given you some pointers. Last film I did had a fight just like this.", quips Kit.

Not wasting anymore time, he went for the one who looked to be in charge opening 20 micro portals around him and unleashing the excess energy straight at him.
Toughness 11 There is only one thing to say to the dice gods...not today
Toughness 26
Portal Blast 23 vs #1, DC 25 toughness + any multi attack damage
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit

What was likely smugness on the face behind the visor is replaced at first by surprise and then pain as your blast catches him dead on, leaving him smoking and hovering like a drunk person.
No multi-attack bonus
#1 TOU save vs Kit: 1d20+11-1 11
Bx2, Staggered

Skyguard is up
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 1
Cnd: -2 Dmg Res (Regenerates next rough)
Favored Environment: Defense Shifted

"Ah!"

Sky Guard cried out as a bolt of energy rakes across his back. A scorch mark is left behind on his suit. The pain causes Sky Guard's flight path to falter for a couple seconds before he regains composure and stabilizes himself. Turning about from his Juno- assisted ascent, Sky Guard drops into a dive.

"Taheka, on me!"

The winged man calls out to draw his liquid companion's attention to him, and the armored mercenary that he dove at. Plummeting from the sky he flies fist first in a strafing attack at sends his knuckles impacting with the side of #3's faceplate in line with his chin. There was more push than snap to the blow, though, as Sky Guard intended to turn the man's head aside so that he would not be able to accurately see Taheka's attack coming. After flying past his foe Sky Guard shifts his weight to the side and makes a quick rising turn to regain some altitude.
OOC wrote:Toughness DC 24: 1d20+6 23 One degree of failure. -1 damage resistance.

Sky Guard is going to Aid Taheka's next attack, and single out #3 for the attack: Aid Taheka (Teamwork): 1d20+18 35 That's +5 to Taheka's attack roll. I suggest using Power Attack.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Taheka is up
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 LP: 1 > 0
Condition: Bruise x 1

Watching his new teammates land some heavy blows on their opponents Tamati started to grin he could feel the tide turning in the battle and after been ignored in that last round of blaster fire he was able to recover his breath so to speak.

Sky Guard wrote: "Taheka, on me!"

The winged man calls out to draw his liquid companion's attention to him, and the armored mercenary that he dove at. Plummeting from the sky he flies fist first in a strafing attack at sends his knuckles impacting with the side of #3's faceplate in line with his chin. There was more push than snap to the blow, though, as Sky Guard intended to turn the man's head aside so that he would not be able to accurately see Taheka's attack coming. After flying past his foe Sky Guard shifts his weight to the side and makes a quick rising turn to regain some altitude.
Hearing his name called out Tamati spun round watching in awe just how graceful the winged man was flying through the air and wait there is an opening, bracing his rear foot behind him Tamati lifted both arms in the direction of the armoured mercenary with the number "3" painted on his torso.

"Thanks for the assist Sky Guard" Taheka called out sending a double-barrelled stream of water towards number 3.
Taheka Water Blast PA +/-5 using Aid Bonus from Sky Guard
Taheka Blast Attack PA +5: 1d20+10+5-5 11
LP to reroll

Taheka Blast Attack PA +5: 1d20+10+5-5 19 + 10 = 29

DC30 Toughness Save or DC35 Toughness if Improved Critical triggered as well from roll becoming a 19 after the HP, can't remember if it works like that or not :)
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Taheka

#3 just freeze as he spots the powerful water rocketing towards him.

As the blast subsides, it takes several moments to spot him lying in a shrub, unmoving.
#3 TOU save vs Taheka: 1d20+11-2 23
Staggered x2, out.

Juno is up
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Juno
HP 1 -> 0
Condition -1 bruised, dazed

Toughness: 1d20+11 15

ew. HP to reroll:
Toughness: 1d20+11 20 + 10 reroll bonus is 29

going after number Six
attack: 1d20+8 24. DC 27 TOU if that hits

---

Juno grunts from the blast, before hurling herself up into the air after the Worxer who just shot her
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Juno

"Crap, crap, crap, crap!" #6 says as you go charging through the merc leaving the number on his chestplate unrecognizable.
#6 TOU save vs Juno: 1d20+11-1 21
Bx2, Dazed

Angela
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
Condition: -1 > -2, Dazed a round

The blast explodes right on top of her and obscures her in smoke for a moment. When the dust cloud blows away Angela stands where with a distinctly displeased look on her face, her paint job scuffed and a patch of skin near her shoulder torn off. Beneath the synthetic skin gleam myomer muscle fibers that subtly contract and relax to simulate the way a breathing human body would move.

She levels a finger at #2.

"What the bleep did you just bleeping do, you little bleep? I'll have you know I was a top Overwatch, League of Legends, Starcraft 2, Call of Duty and Mario Kart pro gamer and I've been involved in numerous global tournaments under pseudonyms, and I have over 30 GSL and WCS top 4 finishes. I am trained in nuclear, biological, chemical and virtual warfare. You are nothing to me but just another target. Shadows die twice. But you will die a thousand times! I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, I am armed with anti-capital beam cannons, anti-Titan omnidirectional mobility gear, the Rasengan, Giga Drill Breaker, Excalibur (the Sword of Promised Victory), Raising Heart, 00 Gundam, a Keyblade and over 400 different types of weapons from various weeb anime and manga. I will bleep fury all over you and you will drown in it. You are already dead, kiddo."

"Angela, threats are a lot less intimidating when you replace all the swear words with bleeps."

"...Wait, that's a sound effect?!"

OOC
Intimidate #2 as a standard action

1d20+5: 16 [1d20=11]

Ahh well, not everything goes one's way. :)

DC 16 Intimidate or will check or be shaken 1 round
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Angela

#2 just stares at the threat Angela makes.

"Hey guys, I think this one can't swear. Maybe it's like how all the anime is censored?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Force Werks

#2 turns to #1, "I don't think this is going as planned."

"Just deal with your opponent," #1 replies.

"Really? And who is going to deal with their opponents?" #4 asks, pointing to the two unconscious teammates.

"Look, just keep fighting. We can do this."

"I don't think so."

"Arrgggh! BULLSEYE, RED!"

All four remaining members target Juno.
#1 Blasters vs Juno: 1d20+11 21
#2 Blasters vs Juno: 1d20+11 17
#4 Blasters vs Juno: 1d20+11 21
#6 Blasters vs Juno: 1d20+11 28
DC24 Toughness for all hits.

Arca-Knight is up
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Juno
HP 0
Condition dazed, -1 TOU

Toughness: 1d20+11 31 no damage
Toughness: 1d20+11 18 -1 bruised, daze
Toughness: 1d20+10 15 -2 bruise, still dazed

---

"Is that the best you've got?" Juno boasts as she tanks the first blast and the second misses, before the other two blasts strike true and bring her to her knees
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arca-Knight
HP 1
Condition: -2 TOU

Arca-knight doesn't appreciate the enemy ganging up on one of her new teammates. "Lets cut those numbers down further." She aims to take down the one she'd already hit a few times.

OOC: Arcane Adept Assault: Damage +10 (extra: multiattack +1, range +1)
targeting #4 1d20+10: 25