[IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Ysariel

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
HP: 3

OOC
Whoops! I forgot to roll against damage 5 for trying to move the debris.

1d20+10: 25 [1d20=15]

and that's a pass
mrdent12

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Shadow of the Past

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2
Cnd: Fine

"Got it. You get that equipment safely stowed and I'll get those two out. We can figure out what happen later for some light conversation after all of this.", says Kit with a confident nod in a cheeky tone. In truth, he was calculating, a new thing for him, on how to do this safely without all the standard safe guards he accustomed. Kit wasn't one to let it show though.

Stepping on the floor and walking over was a nonstarter. He wasn't the strongest and most athletic sort, so trying to navigate the floor would be treacherous. This is where he was glad for his powers. From a stable place, he opens a portal near a spot on the floor that offers the best view of the rubble. If he was going to move it, he would need to find the key spots like a game of Jenga. Move the wrong piece and it would be a disaster.
Sorry for the delay. Holidays are swamped with family stuff.
Perception 14 to identify how its put together and optimal spots for moving the rubble enough to pull the fire fighters out before it all collapses.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit and Angela

It's pretty clear that the firefighters were trapped when the ceiling above gave way, burying them in the ceiling debris and whatever was on the floor above next to the heavy equipment dangling.

Angela is able to shift the heavy equipment teetering over the hole in the ceiling to a safer location. Unfortunately, there are multiple creaks from the floor under the firemen indicating that it is about to collapse any second.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Juno and Taheka

Taheka's is able to easily put out flames on the first row of shelves and back to the wall. There is enough water to ensure flames can not enter that way.

The container was clearly packed by a grandmaster at Tetris. And while she sees the correct solution easily enough, the heat from the wall and creaking from the roof above suggests she won't have enough time to load it.
Last edited by kenseido on Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arca-Knight and Sky Guard

"Tammy, her name is Tammy," he says. He then shakes his head 'No' to Sky Guard before passing out again.

Sky Guard flies him off and Arca-Knight is left to find the child.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

After pushing back the flames Taheka turned the water spray on any other areas that looked at risk from flames or heat to hopefully give them some more time.
OOC wrote: Will continue to use the Nullify Fire stunt with concentration duration to damper down any other surfaces etc in the room whilst avoiding the unpredictable chemicals.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Juno
HP 3 -> 2
condition: fine

Juno starts loading as many chemicals into the bin as fast as possible, unaware that as she does so, she's moving much faster than she should
HP to Power stunt Quickness 7 off of her 'swift as the wind' power

edit: corrected to 7 as I'd briefly forgotten how many points were in that power so when I first made this post I went with a lowballed 5
Last edited by kreuzritter on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ysariel

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by Ysariel »

Angela

Angela moves the last of the heavy machinery out of place and dusts her hands. The synthetic skin of her hands has burned away in places, revealing the silvery mesh of the myomer fiber and electroactive polymer muscles under it, but the damage is cosmetic only and systems remain at full capacity.

Now to take care of the ceiling so that the entire place won't come crashing down. Angela hops back down to the lower level. "Kit, help me find something to brace the ceiling with so it doesn't collapse," she says. Unfortunately, she's not equipped with any special sensors. "Once the place is secure we can start evacuating the firefighters."

OOC
Angela will make a perception check to look for something that can be used as a support for the ceiling. Amazingly I forgot to give this character any perception, which I need to fix ASAP...

1d20: 18 [1d20=18]
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:52 pm Arca-Knight and Sky Guard

"Tammy, her name is Tammy," he says. He then shakes his head 'No' to Sky Guard before passing out again.

Sky Guard flies him off and Arca-Knight is left to find the child.
Arca-Knight takes a deep breath as Sky Guard carries the unconscious man to safety. "Tammy." She says focusing her magic beginning to shape a spell.

The smoke around Arca-knight begins to convalesce into an orb in front of her "Tammy" The voice of the desperate father echoes back to her from the smoke orb.

"Air and fire, Ash and smoke;
Unto me Seekers, I invoke,
Find the lost, guide them to me
Give answer unto loved ones plea"

As she chants a second smoke orb forms around her, then a third, and finally a forth. The orbs take shape becoming vaguely humanoid, and seem to solidify until four beings surround Arca-Knight. The ashen beings are featureless save for a single eye which glows like an ember.

Arca-knight can feel the mental link to the elemental beings she's called forth, its disorienting calling this many all at once. Summoning wasn't a school of magic she's had a lot of practice with.

"Go forth and find the lost child. Either bring her to me or if you can find a way, get her safely out of the fire. If you find any others in danger assist them as well."

The four seekers straightened and began their search, their appearance blurring as they took on the appearance of Tammy's father, calling out in his voice as they sought the girl. All the while Arca-knight monitored their progress through her mental link.

OOC: Power stunt: Summon 2, Multiple Minions 2 (4 minions), Horde, Controlled, Mindlink , to bring forth 4 Seeker spirits with Morph.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 2->1

From experience, Kit knew it took more than the time they probably had to setup proper supports, if they even held long enough. luckily, he had a backup plan that he had honed from when some stunts when very wrong. "We don't have time to build a brace for the floor below. Now hear me out, it might sound crazy, but if you can get that rubble off quickly I might be able to catch the fire fighters before they hit the ground when the floor collapses.", says Kit.

He wasn't sure if he could do it. It didn't always work. he found though if he was sober, focused, and thought it through he could open up portals in a given area underneath things to suck them in as they fell. Now was the time to live up to the do crazy stuff for good. he just hoped he was good enough for it.
OOC
Power stunting(36 max)
Teleport 5(900 feet or 120 miles; Extras: Attack +1/rank, Area +1/rank, Accurate +1/rank, Selective +1/rank, Precise +1/flat, Ranged +1/rank, Full Round Action -1/rank, Change Velocity +1/flat) 6 pp/rank 5 ranks + 2 flat 32pp with 4 left over incase I need to tweak it
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

Arca-Knight's Seeker Spirits draw out the young girl as Juno quickly loads the chemicals back in their barrel and Kit teleports the men to safety. The building secure, you are able to allow the firefighters to safely put out the fire.
As noted, everyone gets an HP for the delay and one for solving your calamity. You may proceed as you see fit.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Shifted

"No rest for the weary."

Sky Guard called out to his teammates when they had all reported in that their respective tasks was met with success and the firefighters were able to take over. Watching the scene of Guardians exiting the building from different angles and firefighters moving I to combat the flames the winged man spoke over the team communication's channel.

"We have that potential criminal base to look into. Law Enforcement officers should be keeping an eye on the site. Best not to keep them waiting for us. Let's reconvene at the lead firetruck. Kit can transport us to the site as a group."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

Popping out through a portal back at the rally point, Kit struck his best hero face. Yes, he had just saved two people. I didn't mean he had to be somber and sad hero about it all. "A heroes work is never done.", says Kit with a smile on his face. His gambit of teleporting out two people while missing the rubble had worked when he as more 50/50 on it.

"If Shadow is setting up in town, best not to keep them waiting to kick them out.", says Kit as he opens a portal closer to the area, but far enough for everyone to walk to wherever the surveillance van was setup. "Well, everyone ready? I'm sure there is some van or something like that waiting for us.", he says.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

Juno passes through the portal
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 1 > 3 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Offering Juno a high-5 after she stacked the containers so quickly Tamati added "I have never seen anyone move so fast before, are you also a speedster?" however once they got the all clear to leave the building Tamati was slightly subdued as he tried to reconcile his experience among the smoke and flames inside the building, for some reason it didn't seem to have any effect so did that mean in addition to being able to swim and breath underwater he was also immune to smoke and stuff as well.

It looked like he would need to do some more experimenting and this new HQ would be the perfect place to do.

"Chief's firetruck, righto or is that roger" Tamati responded to Sky Guard over the commlink joining the others to exit stage left through Kit's portal.