Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment to 07/27)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: Gods Amongst Man Epoch (3e M&M Recruitment)

Post by Bladewind »

I've scrapped my idea for now - it's too far from my original vision...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Has anyone been keeping a list of characters?

Does anyone have any questions for me re Shawna?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

There was a list in the op, but it hasn't been updated last I checked
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sorry, been too busy for list updating. I'll take a look through Shawna when I get a chance though
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Okay, so I remember looking over Shawna before and having an issue with permanent insubstantial, which I see you addressed handily. As long as she's careful and stays in solid form, her abilities are undetectable when not otherwise being used so suits the parameters I set.

I would appreciate though if you could put in the pp costs of each power. It makes it easier for me to review when taking a deeper look.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Updated.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:04 amUpdated.
Excellent. Now a question, what do you mean by "not covered by insubstantial" for that protection in the same array slot?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Good question! One that I'm not sure how that would work myself. Thankfully, I have a few points left over to cover my lack of systems knowledge ;)

Insubstantial 2 says ".. have Immunity to Physical Damage. Energy and area attacks still affect you normally." So its meant to cover those cases rather than effectively having a Toughness of 0.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am working on a variation of a standard energy controller. I should have it posted this weekend.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Well, breaking it down, it doesn't really work as a flaw then.

If you're immune to physical attacks, and you make your protection limited to energy attacks, it's not truly a flaw, since you're not really limiting it away from anything of use. There ARE situations a flaw like that could work, but this isn't one of them.

Hmm...I mean, I know what you're trying to do, giving yourself some ability to resist damage that can still affect you in your insubstantial form, but I also wouldn't really worry about it. You have regeneration 11 natively. Say you moved those points to 6 more ranks of regen while in your gaseous form, toughness wouldn't really matter. You'd have 17 total ranks of regeneration, you'd be recovering 2 damage conditions most rounds. Regen doesn't turn off because you get incapacitated. Maybe put in some immortality in case something manages to "kill" you, but really it just dispersed you and it took some time to pull yourself back together.

Here's a neat one: Concealment 4 (All Visual), Continuous, Reaction (Failing toughness resist by 2 or more degrees), Passive, Blending, Distracting [4pp]

The idea behind it being if you get stunned, your form sort of disperses, making it more difficult to effectively target. Being passive and blending, it can't be abused too badly, but if you take a bad hit, it'll basically active a more defensive mode and possibly prevent you from being damaged too much more while you retreat or let regen do its job.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

With Regen 10+, there isn't much to worry about damage wise since it regens all conditions except dead if I recall correctly.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

mrdent12 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:05 pm With Regen 10+, there isn't much to worry about damage wise since it regens all conditions except dead if I recall correctly.
One at a time. And regen cures toughness damage before incapacitated. So you can still be out of a fight for a while with regen.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

That is true if you rack up enough conditions.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Pretty cool suggestions. I'll play with Herolab to make them work.

A minor quibble, but because of being a construct, one point of the regeneration is required to heal at all. So one pulse per turn at 11.

Also, hopefully I'm not missing a huge glaring error. Do you need to be able to take some kind of action to use a part of an array? In other words, if Shawna is completely locked out of action for a few turns, is there any defense?

I've never had a particularly good grasp on what is OP in the system. Some cheese is good, but it needs to be high quality gouda rather than cheap singles.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Rick's in the same boat construct wise. Instead of going full blown regen though I kept it at 5 and put the rest into his protection with 8 ranks of impervious plus immune to fort. Unless encountering truly powerful mundane weapons or super humans like himself he'll be able to shrug off most attacks.