[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

"That may be what I found in the medlab. A vial of bubbling blue fluid."

… responds Imperious after hearing Sun's Flower describe the infection her symbiote reported to her. Behind Shi'Hala's emerald lenses his own eyes narrowed in a thoughtful fashion. The Tempestineer also mentioned that the remains of Kaiju had ben appropriated by an Iron Enginseer. While a number could have had a desire to study them, the statement touched on circumstances at Bastion too much for him to not inquire on the topic.

"Do you know anything about the Iron Enginseer that claimed Kaiju's remains? I have heard report of a cybermagus that has captured a number of Arcaninauts not too far from here."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sun’s Flower frowned. “Kaiju died seventy years ago. The cybermagus that took its corpse is either dead now, or is decrepit beyond belief. Still...what’s this about an Enginseer capturing Arcaninauts? I’ve heard nothing of it.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious was dubious when Sun's Flower reiterated that amount of time that had passed. It did not seem to mean much to him. Between technology and mutation, who knew what was possible? He said as much too.

"Time's claws can be dulled. The rigors of old age lessened. However, if you are certain that Enginseer is dead by now I will not press the issue."

A subtle shake of the head was given when the Tempestineer asked about the cybermagus he had suggested might be involved in this affair.

"If it becomes relevant I will tell you more. It is a matter I rather handle without Tempestineer involvement. In any case, we should focus on the issue at hand. That being the murder of your associates and this infection. How long do you and Bor have before you are compromised?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Bor comes back in. His voice was gruff but surprisingly human-sounding. “‘Compromised’?”, he asked bewildered. This prompted Sun’s Flower to quickly fill her companion in.

To Imperious’ question, Sun’s Flower replied, “Us? Nothing, no trouble at all. Both Bor and I are virtually immune to disease or infection of any kind. No, what scares ME is being what the ancients called a ‘typhoid’—-a carrier of a disease that is IMMUNE to the disease. Typhoids suffer no symptoms but spread their plague nonetheless. They’re often completely ignorant to the damage done. Furthermore, Orc and Shedu are NOT as resilient as Bor and I.” She paused. “How are you with disease?”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious stood by patiently while Sun's Flower brought Bor up to speed on what she had learned. When she asked about how he handled disease his response was simple.

"I will endure."

Following the comments about being a carrier and the risks that went with it he offered a nod of understanding.

"Yes. That possibility was part of the reason I did not travel far from this place after my investigation. Though had I known for certain, I would have discouraged your entry. Fortunately there is a dedicated medical lab on site. Do any of your group possess medical experience? You said your people have information on the original strain of virus, before engineering was applied. Are you able to access that information from here, or would that need to be brought to this location physically?"

At this last question he looks to the mouse on Sun Flower's shoulder, as though asking the small symbiote with the xenogen computer-book rather than the comparatively giant human it was riding.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sun’s Flower thinks a moment, then nods. “Tempest has a few things useful, yes,” comes her reply. “It’s on the other side of the Noram District...that’s awfully far from here.” Sun’s Flower shakes her head. “No. Tempest isn’t viable. Luckily, our nearby base is.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Little did Sun's Flower Know that his pressance did indeed make the trip to Tempest viable. Imperious did not bring this up, however. Instead he looked between the two Tempestineers, giving them a chance to add in anything else that they might wish to before he commented.

"Then you should update your companions outside, and see about arranging for the transfer of those items you need."

Raising his left hand he looked at the palm of his gauntlet. The four Tempestineers seemed to be a well rounded enough group to handle their own problem without his continued involvement. THat being the case Imperious began considering his exit from the situation. After a few seconds of peering into his palm he looked back to Sun's Flower and her mouse-symbiote.

"Do you think standard decontamination will sterilize the virus from non-organic surfaces?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sun’s Flower thought a moment. “I’m not sure. We should probably just incinerate the whole facility, just to be on the safe side.

“You’re from Bastion, right? That’s not far from here, if I recall. There’s even an Enginseer nearby. I’ve dealt with her on occasion. Creepy and more than a little insane, but very good at what she does. She specializes in genetic disorders. Might b3 handy to bring her onboard, for this...”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At Sun's Flower mentioning Bastion, his eyes barrowed behind the concealment of his armor's optical lenses. The idea that the Tempestineers were fimiliar with the community, or worse operated in the area around it, was something he did not like. It took a loment for him to set aside his territorialness and address the woman's comments about an Enginseer she had dealings with.

"You want to bring an insane woman in to help resolve a situation created by an insane man. What makes you think the two of them are not working together, or that she will not twist any knowledge she gains from working with this weapon towards malevolent ends even if they are not? If you feel able to resolve the issue yourselves, without involving a dangerous rogue element, you should."

Imperious allowed the Tempestineer to think on that for a second before he spoke again.

"That said, I am willing to talk to her assuming you are able to supply me with her name and a means of getting in contact with her."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sun’s Flower replied, “You’re right, it’s not a good idea. I agree, it’s a terrible idea. But unless you’re an expert on genetics, then the Enginseer might be all we have.”

Bor grunts, “We are wasting time. Let us simply destroy this edifice and be done with it.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Hearing Bor's proposal to nuke the place and be done with it, Imperious turns his head to look at the beastman. He waits a second to see if Bor was serious before verbally responding.

"Should your people wish to end their claim to this site and everything in it, I will deal with the danger present here and take stewardship of it in your place. That issue aside, Sun's Flower has pointed out that the two of you are a danger as you carry in you a virus that could hurt others."

Imperious let the Tempestineers think about that before he brought his gaze back to a neautral stance less focused on either individual, and addressed the pair together.

"There is a communication system here. I encourage you to use it and get in contact with those among your ranks who have the knowledge you need. I can facilitate their transport if necessary. While your comrades outside get the equipment from your local head quarters, I will make contact with this Enginseer you mentioned, as long as you can tell me how to find her. At the least I can make an effort to determine her potential involvement, and whether she would be more of a boon than a bane in this situation."

What Imperious did not say, was that this might well be the Enginseer he had been looking for earlier. So yes, he did want to find her and speak with her. Regardless of whether he was able to help in this viral matter.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sun’s Flower didn’t hesitate. She gave Imperious the longitude and latitude of the Iron Enginseer in question, then said, “We’ll get in touch with our people ASAP. But...are you sure you want to take care of a potential plague-pit?”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The Tempestineers lived in decedance and lurxury. The way they talked about destroying this site and everything in it showed how much they took their blessings for granted. There were sane and reasonable people who would kill to stake a claim here, for survival's sake alone. His initial instinct was to point out both of these things and deride the Tempstineers for their wasteful selfishness. Imperious held onto those thoughts though, and chose his words with more care and consideration. He did not know these people, or the difficulties they faced.

"The world is in ruin. Every restored piece of it is precious and worth trying to save. The supplies and equipment too, things that a rare few can reproduce. Once decontaminated these could be used to save lives and benefit entire communities."

Imperious made a half turn, moving to leave after his comments. But he paused and voiced a question before heading outside.

"Do you have an enticement for the Enginseer? A gift or payment for her services. I should know what the Tempestineers are willing to offer her before beginning any negotiation."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sun’s Flower nodded. “She owes me a favor. Tell her I said, ‘A to 44’. She’ll understand. She’ll help you...maybe.”
OOC:
OK, what now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After Sun's Flow gave her answer, Imperious exited the building. A few meters away from it he muted external audio, and asked Shi'Halal to configure a chemical spray to decontaminate any viral of bacterial exposure they were at risk of spreading. As the armor synthesized a suitable chemical composition, Imperious was visually combing the area. Keeping his eyes open for threats or signs of life beyond what he already knew was present in the area.

Soon venting ports on his palms and finger pads formed. Alerted to this Imperious began waving his hands over his head and body. As he did a hiss of gasses could be heard. In time his body was covered in it. Though he moved quickly, Imperious took time to be thorough, ensuring every part of his armor was covered. He even took out the vial of point he had found inside, and applied the decon-spray to the vial's surface and the compartment it had been stored in, then returned it to the secure hold within his armor.

After the cloud settled around him Imperious looked up into the sky. A second later he launched up into the air. He was only visible for a few seconds as he rapidly gained altitude. Then he was gone from sight, in an instant. Using the coordinates Sun's Flower had given him, Imperious traveled to the location he was told he could find the Enginseer. On arriving in the area he slowed his pace and too account of environment and things in it.
OOC wrote:Imperious is going to decontaminate his armor using Blast (a germ/bacteria killing chemical spray) and Quickness. The Blast will be tuned down so as not to deal physical damage to himself. If need be the Communion array will shift to Impervious Toughness during decontamination process, before shifting back to Mental Immunity. It'd be like flamethrowering himself, but less dramatic. Not sure if this is a viable option for the poison and it's vial though … If it isn't, he can leave the poison behind in the medlab before departing instead.

After that, he flies off to the coordinates Sun's Flower gave him.