[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Hoid »

The poison’s voice beamed with pride. “He, my maker, said to them, ‘Here, it is good. Drink. Your functions shall restore themselves. You will be whole. They drank me, in the stables, but did not drink all of me. In this, I am sad. I did not complete my task.”

As it spoke, Shi’Halal scanned the vial. “Warning! Biotoxin detected! Composition: muscle relaxants, neurodampners, psi inhibitors, sedatives. Conclusion: this substance is designed to kill human beings with extraordinary abilities.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious was quiet as he listened first to the poison, then Shi'halal. It sounded as though the Tempestineers were having some difficulty with their transhuman abilities, or those of their symbiotes ... and Mr. Mystery supplied a false cure. Perhaps he had engineered their failing health as well. Regardless, he pick up on the mention of the psion's entire contents not being drained. Yes, there was the portion he held in his hand, but it had to come from somewhere and there was the possibility more could remain on site.

"Ah. You are indeed deadly, if you were made to kill such hardy people and succeed. Is there more of you elsewhere? Where were you made?"

As he spoke with the poison Imperious moved to the refrigerator. It had said there might be something within that could have helped the Tempestineers. Was it a a guess, or factual? Opening up the refrigeration unit he began to take stock of what was inside.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The poison said, “I was made in the belly of monsters, in a far-away place. I am not sure where. I could not see the light for a very long time. And there is more of me, but that me was thrown away, when the prey realized my nature.”
OOC:
Medicine check, to examine the contents of the refrigerator!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The belly of monsters ... that could have several meanings. Imperious brooded on the matter a time, then tucked the poison away on his person, after making sure it had a covering. So as not to be spilled. Once it was stowed away Imperious returned to sifting through the contents of the refridgerator. Every so oftern he picked up an item for closer examination. To the collective contents of the container he voiced a query though.

"Were the humans that lived here working with any of you recently?"
OOC wrote:Life Sciences (Medicine): 1d20+12 24
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The medicines spoke. “They sought amongst us, but could not agree. We sat. We waited. But never used. Always arguing, our makers, never united, always shouting.”

Aa Imperious scanned the refrigerator’s contents, it was mostly medication of various sorts, much of which could do immense good for Bastion, if taken...antibiotics, regenerative skin-patch cultures, bone clamps able to apply themselves through microsurgery—-very useful stuff.

But one thing stands out from the rest: a blue vial, it’s contents bubbly even under a seal. “I am life,” this particular substance says. “I am out of control. I grow. I eat. Nothing stops me. I am life.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

THough he handled several of the items, Imperious did not take or store any of them on his person. People with a stronger link to them yet lived and his feelings towards the Tempestineers were not negative enough to take without agreement.

Imperious pursed his lips together into a thin line as the mental image of events that, inspired by the things he had spoke enough, played out in his mind. Segmented by the experiences of the items that shared this space with the humans that lived here. Snippets of the arguments they might have held around these medicines that they brewed with science most of the world had forgotten. When he spied the blue bubbling fluid that stated it was uncontrolled life, he stopped and fixed his gaze upon it.

"Did the humans that lived here make you as well?"

Even though he spoke with it Imperious' eye occasionally flickered to the reading in Shi'Halal's HUD, checking to see what her scan's showed concerning this mystery medicine.
OOC wrote:Microscopic Vision and Visual Detect Life may be useful for Shi'Halal's scanning, and in the event a new roll is needed here it is: Life Sciences: 1d20+12 24
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“No,” the blue vial said. “I was born elsewhere, in a far-away place. My mother, a monster; my father, a man-turned-monster.”

As Shi’Halal continues her investigation, she suddenly stops. “Warning! Mutagenic biotoxin detected! DNA-strands in this substance bear a striking resemblance to DNA-strands commonly found in biotwists. Handle this substance with care!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Then how did you come to be here? Were you a gift that the humans partook of?"

Imperious paused at his own questions, thinking on them a little deeper after Shi'Halal's warning and analysis. Had Mr. Mystery given them this … or made certain they would discover it ... as an experiment before killing them? Then, what? He brought them back to his laboratory to study the results? After his internal brooding on the topic he left his attention move back to the vial of bubbling liquid, intend on taking in it's response.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The vial laughed. “Yes! A gift! A gift! Ha ha ha ha ha! I am the gift, pinnacle of my maker’s craft! Once given, I cannot be recalled!”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious's eyes lingered on the proud blue fluid. For a second he considered taking it with him. It did not belong to the Tempestineers. However, mindful of Shi'Halal's warning and the substances own admission that it devoured everything, he decided to let it remain where it was. If a conflict ensured and it's container broke while on his purpose, he did not know that physical contact alone would or would not be enough for it to be detrimental to him or his armor. It felt very much that what happened here was only part of something bigger that Mr. Mystery's twisted mind had planned though. After giving the medicine within the refrigerator a fairwell wave, he closed the door. Looking around the medical lab he conferred with his partner.

"What do you think, is there more to be done or shall we wait idle for the arrival of the Tempestineers?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I am uncertain. It is clear foul play is at hand, but we know very little else, nor can we ascertain whether this has any connection whatsoever to the Iron Enginseer we heard of, earlier.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After Shi'Halal shared her thoughts Imperious raised his left hand to hip height, palm up.

"The Overflowing Life did mention a mother and a father. That could have many meanings, one of which may indicate a relationship between our Enginseer and Mr. Mystery. Though there is little to actually support this theory at the moment."

His eyes then lowered to where the container holding the poison rested within a compartment on Shi'Halal.

"The poison was made in the belly of a monster … Too vague to work off of."

His mouth formed into a thin like at this remark. Imperious thought on what other angles they could approach this from and looked towards the upper corners of the medical lab. He'd considered computers and security equipment as sources of information. But he did not want to force his way into systems. That could be seen as an attack by the people holding a claim on this site. Talking to them was another matter.

"Did you notice any security equipment in this faciluty? Cameras, for example."
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Yes, several. There is one camera is this very medlab. It appears to have been disabled, but it’s contents may still be viewable. Most of the rooms in this structure have a camera in them, with, obviously, the exception of the restroom and the bedrooms. Cameras were in the stables, also.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When Shi'Halal points out the camera in the medlab via his HUD, Imperious turns his head to the camera and approaches it. Looking at the area around the camera he take in it's physical condition. Why disable the camera if all his victims were present in the room? To prevent a record of the deed and proof of his involvement? Was he expecting someone to be at a security station? After taking the measure of the camera he levels out his head once more and turned to the door, considering his next move while they waited.

"The Tempestineers may be able to see how this all ended if the stable camera was not disabled as well. Did you notice a security station in this facility? Some place used to monitor or store recordings from the cameras?"
OOC wrote:The stalls mentioned that the liar was a person Of Iron. Do any of Mr. Mystery's forms consist of apparent metallic composition?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

No apparent security-station. However, Tempestineers are known for brain-implants allowing direct mind-machine interface, plus, we may be overlooking a hidden area.
OOC:
One of them, in a sense: that personality is a matter-absorber, taking on the qualities of inanimate substances he’s touching.