[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

Radiation. He thought on that again. That meant everything on the ship, in addition to being contaminated with TEGS, was not irradiated. Salvage was no longer an option it seemed. Unfortunate, but salvage and reclimation of old equipment and technologies was secondary. The primary objective remained: cleanse the vessel of TEGS.

Imperious considered the intercom warning more. It mentioned an advisory for people to stay at their work stations. Which suggested those stations were either secure, or out of the way of the protocol. In either case, Imperious moved to a computer within the engine room.

"We had best find out if this protocol is going to interfere with our work."

Pouring over the computer he first checked on the progress of the computer's wakeup process. Then, if it was operational enough, he had a search to run on the Clarke Protocol. As he worked under Shi'Halal's guidance he spoke aloud.

"Dancer-upon-Oblivion, are you starting to feel better?"
OOC wrote:If it is needed, here is a check to run a search for information on the Clarke Protocol:

Computers: 1d20+13 18
HP: 1
Conditions: Healthy
Encephalon: Deactivated
Communion Array: Immunity to Mental Effects
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 10, Quickness 15, Ultra-Vision Extended x4
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mmmm, imma bit woke up, yeah. Who are you? You ain’t my crew.Dancer-upon-Oblivion asks. It sounded irritable.
OOC:
The Clarke Protocol is an emergency shunting of excessive radioactivity, using technology now lost or, at the very least, poorly understood. Considering the reactor leak, the Clarke Protocol will have to stay active for several weeks while the reactor is patched up.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"That is correct, I am not one of your crew. They died long ago. I am Imperious and I am here to remove the disease from you. To my understanding, your crew were preparing to do so themselves before they died. Are you in condition to run decontamination protocols?"

As he inquired of the ship it's status Imperious' gauntlet encased fingers tapped over the computer console in front of him. He began looking through the information on the computer. It would be helpful to know what happened during the decontamination procedure, in case it put him in danger by staying aboard, and how to enact it.
OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Speed 10, Quickness 15, Ultra-Vision Extended x4
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The ship sniffed disdainfully. “Damn right you ain’t my crew. I don’t know you from Adam. But, sure, why not go ahead with the decontamination? Everybody’s already f*****g dead.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"You have been asleep for over a thousand years, so I will forgive your rudeness. You can go back to sleep when I am finished if you wish. However, if you intend to be a poor host I will leave you to stew ignored."

Imperious chided the old ship after it's disdainful response and rude manner of speaking about both himself and the now dead crew. Even as he addressed the grumpy old spacecraft Imperious' fingers glide over the computer console as inhuman speeds. Behind the emerald green lenses of Shi'Halal's face plate his eyes shift back and forth to take in the information on the computer screen.
OOC wrote:Looking through the computer for information on the decontamination process and how to get it started. He's also using Quickness 15 as he works.

Computers: 1d20+13 24
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Dancer-upon-Oblivion grumbles, ”Activatin’ the decontamination protocols. It’s agunno get noisy in a minute, chief. I’d suggest pluggin’ up your ears.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

At the ship's warning Lucas quickly realized that he couldn't remove Shi'Halal's helmet to plug his ears with earplugs or even his fingers. That would expose him to radiation and the TEGS virus. Unless he could find something that could be used external to his armored companion's protecting, he'd have to endure the coming sonic assault. Or leave the ship. He wasn't prepared to do that just yet. Any number of things could occur during the decontamination that might require the intervention of Shi'Halal and himself.

"Thank you. Is there any personal equipment in the area that would alleviate the sound issue?"

He could endure alot, thanks to his armor, but unnecessary risk was ... unnecessary ... and he was uncertain just how deafening the noise Dancer-upon-Oblivion warned about would be. So he asked aloud to both ship and armor while he himself stepped away from the computer to look around the engineering area for any side room that might contain such protection.
OOC wrote: In case it is needed, here is a Search check: Search: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19

EDIT:

I made a roll to see if Shi'Halal could come up with an on the spot material she could Create over her audio receptors to protect Lucas from the sound: Earth Science or maybe Physical Science?: 1D20+12 = [4]+12 = 16
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Cabling—-THICK cabling—-that Imperious could use as a makeshift band around his helmet’s audio receptors. There’s little else available, unfortunately.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Imperious wraps the cabling around his head, and bids Shai’Halal melt and mold and shape. In but but a few moments, every inch of your helm—-save for your visual receptors—-had been coated in a foamy substance that kills 80% of all sound.

She does it just on time, though, as the lights, flickering as they are, turn red, and a shrill siren goes off. Imperious’ quick thinking has undoubtably saved him some degree of temporary hearing loss.

Though he can barely hear it, vents throughout the bridge open up, and a thick gas, like pea soup, floods out. Shai’Halal speaks: ”This is a medicinal antibiotic spray. I am scanning its molecular structure now; it, no doubt, will be immensely useful in the days to come. Our systems are sealed, so the chemical cannot touch you. Now, we simply wait.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After the foam form over his helmet Lucas lowers his hands and looks around at the oncoming gas. There was no mention that it would be a threat, so he did not react defensively. Though he did remain on guard until his armor spoke up.

"Good thinking. I doubt we have seen the last of this TEGS virus."

... Imperious remarks after Shi'Halal mentions the nature of green cloud filling the area, and her scanning it's properties. Hopefully it was something she or others with knowledge and skill could recreate. Lucas was in no rush, but they were here and they could do more than just wait. There ship was no doubt full of information that could be perused to gain further insights into the past. But before that, there was the ship's condition. A more long term project, if the ship desired it. Turning his head to face the console he had been typing at recently Imperious addresses the vessel in a raised voice, as though to cut through the noise of the gas flood.

"Dancer-upon Oblivion. You have a core leak. If you wish to remain awake, and desire us to do so, we can put effort into repairing you. I make no promise of success and it would take time, but the attempt can be made should you wish to reenter the world."
OOC wrote:You mentioned that the repairs would take weeks. Is that with Quickness 15?
Conditions: Healthy. Hearing hindered though protected.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Quickness that high will definitely cut it down significantly. So long as you know what you’re doing, it may take as little as a single day!
An hour goes past, til pumps begin pumping the gas out. Dancer-upon-Oblivion speaks, and says, ”Aaaaaah, that’s better. Now I know what humans feel like after a good long shower.

“And yeah, I’d love to be in fightin’ trim, again. I feel fat and slow. A word ‘a advice, though, chief: lots ‘a s**t is broken, in me. I’ll do what I can to help, but JFC, man...”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When the pumps finish pumping and the air clears, no longer pea green, Lucas request that Shi'Halal disolve the foam that was used to protect his fragile human ears. Lifting his gauntlet glad handsto his helmet the palms glow and the foam sloughs off under his touch. Later Imperious offers a singular nod of acknowledgement after the spacecraft expressed it's desire to be repaired.

"Then compile a full assessment of your condition and provide a list of supplies onboard that can be used for repairs. While you do that, I am going to look around some more. I heard music and laughter earlier."

He pauses a brief moment in the event there came a response, then he departed from the engineering section to explore more of the vessel. He didn't have a precise destination. Lucas was set on exploring the titanium tomb. At least he didn't start with a destination in mind. Later found a terminal and brough up information on the ships layout. With a map in mind, he began looking for the captain's quarters or office.
OOC wrote:I'm not looking for you to give me a list of everything that is on the ship and everything that is wrong with it. Lucas is aiming to see what can be repaired with what is on hand, and what needs to be prioritized.

So you know where my thinking is, I'd like fix up the ship enough that it is safe. Then let Mickey handle the long term work on the Dancer-upon Oblivion. If it has information in it's systems that would allow her to learn and work on it at as she goes. She did express an aptitude with technology and an interest in developing her understanding of it.
Conditions: Healthy.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

As Imperious travels to and fro letting his fee5 guide his path, several things immediately become clear.
OOC: What follows is what Imperious can see without needing to roll. For deeper details, make a Search total, adding in Super-Senses as is appropriate in the context of whatever it is you’re looking for.
Dancer-upon-Oblivion was clearly meant to undergo regular, routine maintenance, and that hasn’t appened in centuries—-perhaps millennia!—-meaning there’re likely so many problems to fix, beyond the power-core, that this is going to a MASSIVE project.

As Imperious, going from room to hall to room to hall, Shai’Halal makes scans, helping Imperious in his examinations. ”Radiation-levels are through the roof.” she comments. ”TEGS might be gone, but stellar radiation will still kill anyone you bring aboard. The ship’s integrity must be restored.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious didn't know what he was looking for. But there was something else here. Either that or the ship itself were playing auditory tricks on him. Possible. The old machine could suffer from all many of quirks it was not aware of. Shi'Halal had not detected any other life signs. Nor had visual scans picked up anything. The Encephalon did not detect any Icons or Datasphere links, though Ang ... the guardian of a techno-metaphysical passage ... had been coerced into providing Cord immaterial access to the spacecraft. Lucas ruminated on this as he toured the Dancer-upon Oblivion ... taking some time before finally responding to Shi'Halal's observations.

"What if the ship were brought to the ground, would radiation still be an issue if the core leak were taken care of?"

While he checked on Shi-Halal's HUD of sensor data routinely, and listened to her input, he did not rely solely on it. Lucas reached out with his own limited extra sensory perception and absorbed the environment he moved through like a man listening in the dark.
OOC wrote:Lucas himself has Senses 5 [Accurate Radius Ranged Mental Sense, Mental Danger Sense.]

Since Imperious isn't speeding around, I'll put Shi'Halal's sensor suite into full swing: Super Senses 30 [Normal Vision Extended x5 ; Normal Hearing Extended x5 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x5 ; Flaw: Limited "cannot penetrate jade"], Infravision Extended x4 ; Microscopic Vision Extended x4 ; Ultra-Vision Extended x4]

Aside from trying to get a bead on the mystery laughter-music-thing he sort of encountered earlier, Lucas also wants to get a look around the ship. See what is there. Eventually he'd want to visit the captain's quarters and try to get a feel of what the captain of the ship was like. Maybe snoop on their personal logs.

Here is the Search roll: Search: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18
Conditions: Healthy. Hearing hindered though protected.
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Super Senses 30 [Normal Vision Extended x5 ; Normal Hearing Extended x5 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x5 ; Flaw: Limited "cannot penetrate jade"], Infravision Extended x4 ; Microscopic Vision Extended x4 ; Ultra-Vision Extended x4]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

As Imperious stretched out his consciousness psychically, he felt vague pings here and there—-signs of sentient life, but, obviously, no such life was to be found. Unless he was somehow detecting ghosts, but whether such things even existed was not a certainty.
OOC: Pretty good roll!
With his psychic senses leading the way, in no time at all, Imperious finds himself in what he’s pretty sure is the captain’s quarters. Others quarters he’d checked had been bunk bed affairs, designed to accommodate a dozen people at once, with very little personal space.

This room was different, a large, spacious area meant for a single individual. There were even private lavatory facilities, and a water shower! The room was dusty in the extreme, but the bed seemed to’ve survived the creep of time fairly well. Most of the furniture—-made of wood!—-had long since collapsed, leaving tumbled piles of rotted wood and ancient artifacts.

Unbelievably, a poster on the wall had somehow survived. It depicted a man wearing massively bulky power-armor, a ridiculously oversized sword in hand. Script on it read, “TRUST IN YOUR IMPERATOR! TRUST IN YOUR ASSOCIATION! TRUST IN YOUR FELLOW HUMAN BEINGS! WE CAN PULL THROUGH THIS CRISIS TOGETHER!”