[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

"Some person, or group, called Werelure built the skynodes. Possibly merchants, as they had a number of stores."

Imperious took the time to share that bit of information with Mickey. He did not know how much she had uncovered in her exploration with the brainnet, and since she was here to learn vicariously through him, it felt right. When the brainnet reported that it was unable to find the mind insulation software he wondered if it was due to his not having consented to connecting with Mesh level one. Still it was able to provide some rudimentary information without this connection. That was worth noting in the event the Mesh were too dangerous or unstable.

"What is the Mesh and how many level does it have?"

Lucas wasn't the leap before you look type. He had to at least ask, and try to understand. After getting a response he finally took the plunge.

"Connect to Mesh level one."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The brainnet responded, “Seven. Levels 1-4 are user-friendly; Levels 5-6 are governmental and therefore off-limits to civilian usage; and Level 7 is [REDACTED].”

Shi’Halal spoke up, saying, “Lucas, I have made a discovery concerning TEGS. In my deleted files, it appears not every deletion was completed. A file designated ‘Per2’ lists several ailments, one of which is TEGS: ‘Titanblooded Exponential Growth Syndrome’, and lists it as, and I quote, ‘an interdimensional illness’ and involves infection by ‘protean unDNA’. Exactly what protean unDNA is is a mystery. However, as ‘protean’ means ‘changeable’ or ‘shapeable’, it is likely protean unDNA is something akin to the process creating Arcaninauts.” A pause. “I cannot be certain, however.

Before Inperious can respond, the brainnet says, “Connecting to Mesh Level-1. Now connected!

A gargantuan ‘voice’ filled Imperious’ head |-<I AM MESH LEVEL-1 USER-APPLICATION ‘GILGAMESH’. I AM A WAVE-7 COMPATIBLE ICON. IT HAS BEEN SEVEN HUNDRED YEARS SINCE MY LAST UPDATE.

|-<GREETINGS! I AM DESIGNED TO FACILITATE MESH LEVEL-1 USABILITY. HOW MIGHT I BE OF ASSISTANCE?>-|
Last edited by Hoid on Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

What is higher than governmental usage? Secret government use? Imperious mused on this for a short time before Shi'Halal interrupted his thoughts with information on TEGS, giving him more to consider. Titanblooded Exponential Growth Syndrome. Interdimensional illness. Protean unDNA. A possible connection to Arcaninauts. He was still processing this information and considering how to put it to use when he was greeted by a new voice. Before responding he slowly looked around his immediate area, looking for a visual representation to focus on. Whether he found a source for the Gilgamesh voice to look at or not, he gave a response.

"Hello Gilgamesh. I am Imperious. I would like to update my device's software. Is this something you can help me with?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-<GREETINGS, USER-IMPERIOUS! LET ME TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR ENCEPHALON. HMMM, IT APPEARS SEVERAL KEY COMPONENTS ARE MISSING! MIND-INSULATION SOFTWARE IS NOT DETECTED! SKYNODE LINKAGE NOT DETECTED! LETS GET TO WORK!

|-<ACCESSING PALACE-22 ARCHIVES. DATA DETECTED! DOWNLOADING NOW. BE WARNED, YOU MIGHT FEEL A SLIGHT TINGLING, THOUGH THIS IS NOT UNIVERSAL. DOWNLOAD COMPLETE! 711 UPDATES REQUIRED! BEGINNING UPDATES NOW. PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE THIS PROCESS OCCURS.

|-<USER-IMPERIOUS, WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE A QUIZ, TO HELP ME GET TO KNOW YOU BETTER? EXCELLENT. HERE ARE FOUR QUESTIONS:
|-<1.WHAT IS YOUR DISTRICT OF ORIGIN? WHAT IS YOUR BLOC OF ORIGIN? WHAT IS YOUR PLANET OF ORIGIN?
|-<2.WHAT IS YOUR SPECIES? ARE YOU METAPOWERED? IF SO, ARE YOU REGISTERED WITH THE BUREAU OF PARANATURAL AFFAIRS? IF NOT, WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO REGISTER YOU NOW?
|-<3.WHAT IS YOUR STANCE ON THE CURRENT NARILIGIRI CRISIS? PLEASE BE HONESR AND FORTHRIGHT.
|-<4.WILL YOU BE VOTING IN THE UPCOMING ELECTIONS?

|-<THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION! UPDATES SHOULD BE COMPLETED SOON.>-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

While Gilgamesh was searching for the updates that his brainnet was lacking he looked over to Mickey and spoke to her.

"Have you met the Icon, Gilgamesh? They say the brainnet is called an Encephallon."

Not long after he had said this Gilgamesh brought up their quiz. His brow furrowed briefly at the barrage of questions that had come unbidden. The first one he took in stride.

"This settlement, Bastion, is my home. Our world is Rustdeity and we are in Washer’s Ton, which is part of Normam."

Imperious paused after that, considering the word 'metapowered'. Then the fact that there use to be a government agency that was dedicated to dealing with people who had such metapowers. Perhaps Beaumont was right about humanity once being much more powerful than it was now, on an individual scale. He likely would have answered with more reserve on that second question, not wanting to reveal actual personal details, but Gilgamesh had quickly posed others. Before he could remind himself that this Icon had not received an update in seven hundred years, his attention was drawn to the question about some place undergoing an ordeal, and he focused on that.

"Nariligiri. I have not heard of that place. Where is it and what is the crisis you refer to?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-<UNABLE TO ACCESS MESHFEED OR GRIDFEED. UNABLE TO COMPLY WITH REQUEST. ERROR. CIVIL DATABASE UNAVAILABLE. ERROR.

|-<ALERT! I AM UNABLE TO COMPLETE THE LAST TWO HUNDRED UPDATES! PLEASE HEAD TO THE NEAREST WERELURE FACILITY FOR ORGANIC ASSISTANCE!>-|

There was a DUH-DUH-twang! chiming noise in Imperious’ head. |-<ENCEPHALON IS NOW OPERATIONAL. HOW MAY I BE OF ASSISTANCE? NO METAFORUMS DETECTED...NO ARCH-ICON ACTIVITY DETECTED...NO COMMUNICATION-BRIDGES OFFWORLD ARE ACTIVE. I AM NOT SURE WHAT ASSISTANCE I CAN BE. DO YOU WANT ME TO SEND OUT AN S.O.S. TO WERELURE? THEY CAN HAVE A TECHNICIAN HERE IN LESS THAN TEN MINUTES, OR YOUR MONEY BACK, GUARANTEED!>-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

OOC wrote:Has Mickey interacted with Gilgamesh? You may have missed that question aimed at her.
Imperious listened to the Icon report error after error and inaccessible and inactive elements of the Datasphere. It was so much disuse and disrepair. So much neglect. The ruins of Rustdeity extended beyond the physical and into the digital realm of the Datasphere. It was sad. Imperious acknowledged this, but did not linger on it. Instead he pressed on, looking for ways to make the most of what he had at his disposable to help achieve his objectives. Perhaps this Gilgamesh Icon would be of more aid than it knew. Time would tell.

"The SOS will not be needed. Thank you for the offer and for helping with the five hundred eleven updates that you were able to assist with."

He paused briefly, and as he listed off the number of updates that the Encephallon had received, he looked directly at Mickey. Part of the reason he stated the number aloud was for her benefit. The pause ended, and Imperious continued, speaking to Gilgamesh once more.

"I will need to interact with Icons that may be hostile in order to get some important information. Is there any useful advice you can offer me, such as precautions to take, or methods of interacting with them?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
No, she hasn’t. She never ordered a connection to Mesh Level-1, because she could never block the signal f*****g up the brainnet.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-<MIND-INSULATION SOFTWARE OF WAVE-5 OR LATER IS ADVISED, ESPECUALLY AFTER THE LAST TLOLKKU SOFTWARE-WAR. ACCESSING THE ICONS’ ILLUSTRATIONS WOULD BE ADVISABLE, AS IT WOULD TELL YOU RECENT ICON-ACTIONS. FINALLY, HAVING A KILLCODE OF WAVE-5 OR LATER IS ADVISED, SHOULD ALL ELSE FAIL.>-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Tlolkku software war … Imperious thought about what that meant. Aside from not knowing what a Tlolkku was, the idea of a war in the Datasphere had it's own implications. An unseen enemy lurking in this place few people on Rustdeity could access. What danger could that bring to the physical world? More questions for another time. Gilgamesh mentioned software that would be useful. His Encephallon had what it had. Sourcing anything more was an uncertain prospect that would take time. The mention of accessing illustrations was something with learning more about though.

"I am a novice to the Datasphere. How does one access an Icon's illustrations?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-<SIMPLY STATE YOUR DESIRE TO WITNESS AN ICON’S ILLUSTRATIONS. THE ICONS IN QUESTION CANNOT DENY THIS REQUEST, THOUGH ACCESS TO EITHER YHE DATASPHERE OR THE INFOMESH IS REQUIRED. ILLUSTRATIONS WILL APPEAR IN YOUR FIELD OF VISION WHILE WEARING AN ACTIVE ENCEPHALON. THEY CONTAIN VITAL STATISTICS, RECENT ACTIONS AND STANDING ORDERS, IF ANY.

|-<XENOGEN ICONS DO NOT FOLLOW THIS MODEL, AND DO NOT POSSESS ILLUSTRATIONS. FURTHERMORE, BOTZ, THOUGH OF HUMAN DESIGN, ALSO HAVE NO ILLUSTRATIONS.>-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

He listened … and thought about what Gilgamesh described to him. To Imperious it sounded a lot like reading a person's mind. Which could be a serious personal violation. Something that could traumatize a human, or leave them deeply offended. He did not know if this was a normal, expected, interaction between users and Icons. Gilgamesh made it sound that way. But clarification was needed, lest he have a chance to reason with these Icons Mr. Mystery set in place, and turned them hostile by insulting or doing something that could be perceived as an attack. So … he asked.

"Is it considered rude to view an Icon's illustrations? May I have your permission to view your illustrations, so that I may have an example of what this process is like?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-<AN ICON IS AN ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORM. UNDER ASSOCIATION LAW, IT HAS NO RIGHTS. ITS CONSENT TO PROVIDING ILLUSTRATIONS IS IRRELEVANT. BOTZ, HOWEVER, ARE AN EXCEPTION TO THIS RULE. WITHOUT MESH LEVEL-7 ACESS, YOU CANNOT ACCESS A BOT’S ILLUSTRATIONS, AS ARE ICONS PROTECTED BY CORPORATE COPYRIGHT.

|-<AS FOR MY ILLUSTRATION, IT IS PROTECTED BY MESH LEVEL-5 CLEARANCE. ARE YOU AN EMPLOYEE OF WERELURE INTERGALACTIC? IF SO, PLEASE STATE YOUR ACCESS CODE AND I WILL HAPPILY COMPLY.>-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When Gilgamesh begins to talk about laws created by people who were long since dead Imperious raised a gauntlet clad hand and motions as though to wave the words aside. He didn't care about the laws of dead people created for the needs of a different time. He lived today. The people of today required governance suited to the needs of today and the peoples the lived today. If Icons were a population that existed, in some way, alongside the people he lead then he had to consider the needs of Icons, and impact of his actions concerning them.

"I am not asking about laws from over seven hundred years ago. Would an Icon be offended if a user were to view their illustrations without permission?"
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-<INDIVIDUAL ICONS MIGHT, YES. ALL ICONS ARE FULLY SELF-AWARE, THEREFORE ABLE TO FORM THEIR OWN OPINIONS.>-|