[IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse
Posts: 2101
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Velari frowns as she tries to interpret the dragon's interpretive pantomimes. "Seems like... whoever these guys were, maybe got caught unawares and weren't able to defend themselves... maybe?"

Then she felt that odd and unnerving 'ripple' through her body. "What was that?"
Felix sping around trying to find the source of the magical pulse, "Oh that's not good. There's something down here that's still putting out magic."
"Right, which way?" she asks as she follows out of the room.

User avatar
JDRook
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 pm
Location: The Calgary Rift - City of Monsters

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by JDRook » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:30 pm

Delancey
HP:1

Delancey followed the others into the hidden corridor, bare feet on the cold floor since it felt too close to be flying. The investigation of the first room was concerning. The dragon seemed to have deduced a large powerful attacker and a defenseless victim. The attacker may have been strong, possibly magical, but the victim had been hit and likely killed by a shotgun, given the condition of the hat they found.
Arkrite wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:44 am
Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1
HP: 1


Letting out a low whistle as the lights come up, he looks around at the wreckage.

Bending down he picks up the fedora with one of his mechanical arms, examining it as he turned back to the others..

"Well, I think I know why nobody has seen the Maze Runners in a while, it looks like one hell of a fight happened-" Felix trails off looking at the dark spots on the floor, then the damage on the walls, "Wait, where are the bodies?"
"Whoever won this fight must have also disposed of the body somehow. They were also either very angry or searching for something since all of the furniture seems to have been moved after blood was spilled."

Speaking of injuries, Delancey notes Felix's discomfort as he picks up the fedora, so she lays hands on him to heal him.
OCC wrote:Healing 5 vs Felix's injury. Assume routine checks unless he actively avoids.
D has trouble with consent for "helping".
Suddenly a cool wave washes over Delancey. More magic, a lot of it. She can see Felix sense it as well. She turns in the direction it came from and heads toward it.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:22 am

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1
HP: 1

EpicEclipse wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:51 pm
"Right, which way?" she asks as she follows out of the room.
"Not sure, it surprised me. By the time I noticed it had already passed. If it happens again I should be point us in the right direction," He says.
JDRook wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:30 pm
Speaking of injuries, Delancey notes Felix's discomfort as he picks up the fedora, so she lays hands on him to heal him.
"Uh, thanks," Felix says, a little surprised and just a tad uncomfortable being touched by a stranger.

He wonders, for a moment, what it must feel like reaching through his forcefield. Was it like pushing through jello? Like pushing your hand through gale force winds? A paper wall? Was it cold? Did it tingle?

One of his design features was that it didn't affect him at all, as such he never had a chance to figure out what it felt like. He knew it didn't damage anything after the apple test, so he wasn't worried about people running into it. Unless they had the consistency of jello.

His eyes bugged out, glancing over at Velari, and made a note to avoid accidentally bumping into her. Just in case.

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1975
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by catsi563 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:59 pm

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

While she didn't sense the magical wave as her new friends did she did note the impact on them and stood up straight.

"Let's find out." She nodded and made to follow them "Copper come on buddy."

She noted Delaneys healing powers with a slight interest those would come in handy.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Loneclaw
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Loneclaw » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:49 am

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
Status: Tense
---
"Uh yeah, let's." Melanie replies nervously.

She can't help but feel so useless right now. Most of the others obviously have experience with investigating stuff like this, so it's not like there's any helpful input she could offer them.

As such, the drider just follows along and focus on any tremors that might seem 'off'.

---
OOC;
Perception check: 1d20+6 19 to see if there are any odd tremors.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:25 am

Arachne can feel some of the teenagers upstairs starting to flood out of the building, but nobody dares follow the group down into the basement. A few of them still seem to be unconscious. On the floor she's on right now, there's no movement at all aside from her team.

Though Delancey tries to follow the magical burst, she can't at this time get a good enough read on it, yet Felix seems to have the mind to check right next door. The door slides open with ease unlike the first, yet a smell of antiseptic washes over you along with other sharp chemicals and a tingle of lingering magics. Old wheeled laundry racks have been converted into trays holding jars, canisters, and small bottles filled with miscellaneous substances. On a metal table you spy glass bottles, Bunsen burners, and various other tools used and abused for the development of drugs. A plastic bin has a scattering of old inhalers, a few more empty bins scattered around the room.

Of particular note is a strange device that looks far older then the rest of the equipment, made of brass, wood, and crystal rather than steel, plastic, or glass. It seems almost like it was meant to hold something in the center of it, and there's a tapering spiral that leads into an array of the makeshift equipment. For the briefest moments you notices sparks fall down from spiral like water drops, dissipating without incident inside the contraption. To the senses of Delancey and Felix, it certainly has a strong trace of magic, but it doesn't seem powerful enough to have let off that burst.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 2314
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:26 am

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Copper, despite his own innate magical nature was mostly oblivious to the wave of magic and simply responded to his companions actions. He was pleased that they had understood his actions far better than early and now stood ready to follow wherever they went...
Thorpocalypse wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm
Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document

User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 1975
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by catsi563 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:13 am

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter
"Uh yeah, let's." Melanie replies nervously.

She can't help but feel so useless right now. Most of the others obviously have experience with investigating stuff like this, so it's not like there's any helpful input she could offer them.

As such, the drider just follows along and focus on any tremors that might seem 'off'.

Noting Arachnes discomfort Chey gave her a smal but supportive smile, before offering her some advice. as they searched for the source.

"Dont overthink it; stay alert, use All of your senses, but also apply your common sense. Don't dismiss anything no matter how small or insignificant. trust your instincts if they tell you somethings hinky or off then it probably is."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:29 am

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1
HP: 1


"Well, if we were looking for the drug lab I think we found it," Felix says, giving the room the stink eye as he walks around looking at things.

"Aaaand this was the centerpiece I think," He says taking a closer look at the antique sitting in the middle of the lab made of equipment from the last thirty years, "I bet something sat in the center, but I can still feel something coming off of this."

Reaching up he adjusts his glasses, playing with the zoom feature to get a better look as he examines the magic flowing through the device.
OOC: Arcana check to see if he can get any hints of what this used to do.
Arcana check on Antique: 1d20+4 23

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:14 am

It's relatively common knowledge among the sorcerer community that when the Inheritance brought out your arcane heritage, the sudden influx of actively used magic started to 'wake up' artifacts of ages past. This appears to have actually been a type of tool that was used to create such artifacts. It was clearly meant to hold something round in the center of it, likely a crystal ball given the circular design. From the way lingering magic spiraled through the crystal tubes it was meant to draw magic out of something, compressing it into form of plasma, and then drawn into the drug itself. While he'd have to see the central piece himself, Felix is able to make an educated guess that spells were cast upon it, and the magic was subsequently bound to gaseous compounds via enchantment. The end result here, essentially a multi-use magical scroll that happened to slowly destroy the user. Mage's Breath.

As he inspects the artifice device further, he notices cracks in the delicate components and burn marks. They must've been pumping way more magic through then it was ever intended to handle, which leads him to wonder just how powerful the central component actually was. From a technical standpoint, Felix thinks he could probably replace the broken components and enhance the tool itself, which would be an excellent resource for his future endeavors.

GM: The device itself is compromised, but if repaired you could use it as an appropriate tool for the Artificer advantage.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

EpicEclipse
Posts: 2101
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by EpicEclipse » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Keeping a safe distance from the, well, everything so as not to disturb any possible evidence for later, Velari does crane her neck forward... which for her is actually bringing her head right alongside Felix. "You think this thing is what caused that... I don't know.. Pulse? If it is, do you think that means it was just used when we felt that pulse? "

Her line of logic was that whoever had used it and made the pulse, if this is what caused it, shouldn't be far.

User avatar
JDRook
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:57 pm
Location: The Calgary Rift - City of Monsters

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by JDRook » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:01 am

EpicEclipse wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm
Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"You think this thing is what caused that... I don't know.. Pulse? If it is, do you think that means it was just used when we felt that pulse? "
"That seems plausible. It is possible they heard us approaching and made a last batch of those" she turned her head slightly to indicate the bin of recycled inhalers "before running off. However, this device doesn't seem like it is powerful enough by itself to make a pulse as strong as I felt, so it's more likely to have come from something else. Possibly they took a piece of this device with them; a power source maybe."

Delancey flits out into the hallway again to see if she can figure out which way the "pulser" went.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:32 am

What you could see in the bins were merely the plastic shells, with there being nary an actual cartridge in site. Any that are found are clearly nonmagical to Delancey's eyes. It doesn't look as if anyone has been working on new product here recently. Leaving the chemistry lab she finds herself back in the hallway, a door at the end and a double set that leads into what seemed like a storage area from what could be seen. At first there's no indicator of where the source of magic may'be been, as the building has been saturated with it over time, but she can catch the lingering dredges of stronger magics beyond the locked doors. Peering through the glass doesn't reveal any obvious source to the disturbance.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.

User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 1539
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Injured 1
HP: 1


Felix shrugs as he looks up from the device, "I don't know about it being in use recently, things seem a little too... dead in here? But, this IS my first drug lab."

"If I had to make a wild ass guess, this device takes raw magical force from... something, and transforms it from an untouchable energy source into some kind of plasma? Liquid? Then they mixed it with the drugs, threw it in an inhaler and instant magical powers,"
He reaches out to touch the device then frowns, "Ran it hot, wasn't really designed for as much work as it was put through. I'd bet this wouldn't have held up for much longer without exploding."

He clears his throat and stands up straight, "But the power source seems to be missing. Maybe somebody grabbed it an ran, but I'm thinking it was taken a while back."

His robot arms picks up the magical device, "Also I'm stealing this. For science. No drugs. Scout's honor."

User avatar
Loneclaw
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Loneclaw » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:25 am

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
Status: Tense
---
catsi563 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:13 am
Noting Arachnes discomfort Chey gave her a smal but supportive smile, before offering her some advice. as they searched for the source.

"Dont overthink it; stay alert, use All of your senses, but also apply your common sense. Don't dismiss anything no matter how small or insignificant. trust your instincts if they tell you somethings hinky or off then it probably is."
As much as Melanie tries not to, she can't help but blush.

"Okay, that makes sense. I'll do my best, promise." She replies with a nod. The drider then smiles. "Th-thank you, by the way. For telling me, I mean."
Arkrite wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:01 am
"If I had to make a wild ass guess, this device takes raw magical force from... something, and transforms it from an untouchable energy source into some kind of plasma? Liquid? Then they mixed it with the drugs, threw it in an inhaler and instant magical powers,"[/color] He reaches out to touch the device then frowns, "Ran it hot, wasn't really designed for as much work as it was put through. I'd bet this wouldn't have held up for much longer without exploding."

He clears his throat and stands up straight, "But the power source seems to be missing. Maybe somebody grabbed it an ran, but I'm thinking it was taken a while back."

His robot arms picks up the magical device, "Also I'm stealing this. For science. No drugs. Scout's honor."
Melanie frowns. "I wonder what exactly they used as a power source, and where whoever took it went?"

Post Reply