[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With a flurry of amazonian strength Cheyenne is quick in starting to dismantle the opposition beginning with teenage boy that doesn't even look like he knows how to use the gun he's holding. Struggling to even turn the safety off, he's out like a light without any trouble at all. Next in line was a black woman who very nearly managed to actually fire her glock until it was ripped from her hands and used to pistol whip her to the side of her head, crumpling with the blow. The Mazerunner next to her fires two futile shots which go wide as panic grasps his heart, and a first comes up from under his chin with a blow that lifts him up into the air. He falls to the ground with a groan of pain, and possibly a broken jaw.

Though the mage is currently having his arms pulled out to either side of him and his men are being brought down like flies, he dosn't look frightened out all. No, the emotion etched onto his face is instead rage. "You're destroying my work! Do you have any idea how long it took for me to crack that Italian's Stupid, pretentious as hell journal? Argh, just get the hell off me!"

He strains against the tight grip Velari has on his right arm, but manages long enough to shove a hand into his pockets and pull out a bag filled with white powder. "Ynfijur!" He shouts, biting the baggie with his teeth and tearing it open. The substance reacts to his magically charged word, and bursts outward in a billowing cloud. One of the men without weapons gets caught in the cloud and goes down in a drug-induced haze, foaming at the mouth while doing so.

Two of the remaining for peopled armed with guns take aim for the raging bull that is Cheyne while wisely choosing to spread out among the tables and equipment. One takes a well aimed potshot with his heavy pistol, while the other manages to landed several lucky strikes with a haze of bulletspray.

Without the heavy weapons to try taking down the absolute tank of a woman, the other two gunsman take aim at the were-tiger in hopes of getting their boss freed from his grasp. While one of them fires wide and only punches a hole into the wall, the other manages to get a lucky shot out of nowhere.

Gettign a full face of the cloud of powder, Velari's unable to twist herself out of the way before a large amount of it get's absorbed by her skin, shocking her system. She can barely move, but she tries her best to help Eric maintain and possibly improve the hold they held on the rampant mage, multiple arms splitting off from her body to take hold of the man.

GM:
Toughness checks: 14, 7, 18

Burst of Cocaine: DC 18 Dodge to avoid, DC 18 Fortitude to cure on following turns (Vulnerable, Defenseless, Incapacitated)

Heavy Pistol: 23 DC 19
SMG: 24 DC 19+2(Multiattack)
Light Pistol: 23, 11 DC 18 (Minions can't land crits, but it was a very well aimed shot)

Velari's Dodge: 9 2 degrees, Defenseless
Velari's Grapple: 27 Yeah, he's not not getting away easily though

[Players]Cheynne
[GM] Dr. Feel Bad (Grappled), Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 4), Velari (Defenseless)
[Players] Copper, Eric, Jenny, Felix
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 2), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 3)

Downed: Orc (Male, adult), Lookout (Male, young), GG (Male, Young), GG (Female, Adult), GG (Male, Adult), Noncombatant (Male, adult)
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

The diminutive dragon leaps forward just behind Cheyenne. His martial prowess might not be that of the amazonian powerhouse, but he was still... well.... a freaking dragon.

His action will depend on who or what is in front of him... If no allies in a code area, he will spew the strange gasses that boil in his lungs and stomache... if he risks hitting allies, he will instead target the mage with his acid spit...
Cone of Slow Gas (Breath Weapon): Weaken 5 [(Movement Effects); Cone Area, Broad]
Alt: Acid Spit (Breath Weapon): Damage 8 [Ranged, Accurate 4] - attack: 1d20+8 21 DC23 damage
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix hesitates, gawking at the man he accidentally knocked out, before chasing after the others.

Entering the building he leveled his staff at one of the gun wielding thugs and, this time, paused to aim before sending a bolt of sparking energy at his selected victim.
OOC: Going to take ten to attack on of the gun minions, since Felix can't roll above 10 on attack rolls ;~)
DC 23 toughness check.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny stopped just inside the door and surveyed the chaotic situation for a moment. Then she smiled- a bit TOO broadly, and laughed a deep and fiendish laugh very much at odds with her normal speaking voice. "Fool!," she barked in perfect Arabic, before switching back to English to address the grappled wizard. "You have squandered the treasures laid before you, seeking the wealth of mortal men! Now your reckoning is at hand!"

>OOC: Taunt vs enemy wizard, 1d20+11= 23; roll https://orokos.com/roll/816220

>OOC 2: This is turning out to be one of THOSE weeks- sorry this took so long.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Urgh-!" Eric chokes as he breaths deeply of the mage's magically amplified powdered cocaine. His eyes roll back as his grip becomes loose, and he falsl to the ground in a spasm. Suddenly off balance both Velari and her captive stumble towards the side, and it's then that Copper spies the perfect opportunity to give him a face full of acid. Jenny's taunting isn't helping him maintain his composure either as panicked Arabic screaming echoes throughout the chaos filled warehouse.

Felix is able to snag the gunman wielding an SMG, sending him careening to the floor with with a cry of pain. Two humans wielding knives and what looks to be a harpy swarm the powerful form of Cheynne, only the harpy's claws managing to break through her guard to scratch at her tough skin. An elf gracefully dashes towards Velari and tries to lash out with a flurry of blows, yet not a single one lands as she shifts her body in impossible degrees. One last man races towards Felix with a large club, aim completely off as he smacks the head in of another man sneaking up behind the mage, dropping him. "Ah-Sorry Bob." He mumbles sheepishly, already forgetting the dangerous caster right next to him.

GM: Can't wait much longer, so...
Eric (Botted)'s Dodge: 8 Ouch. That's 3 degrees of failure. This is why you don't want me to roll for your characters.

Toughness saves: (Dr.) 11 3 Degrees again, 6 4 degrees of failur on a minion, ow.
Taunt resist: 22 Failure

Natural Weapons: 20(Cheyenne) [hit], 19(Velari) [Miss]
Weapon Wielder: 14(Cheynne) [miss], 7(Cheyene) [miss], 7 (Felix) [Critical miss]

[Players]Cheynne {Toughness Vs. DC 19, DC 21, DC 22}
[GM] Dr. Feel Bad (Grappled, Impaired, Staggered, -1 toughness), Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 3), Velari (Defenseless)
[Players] Copper, Eric (Incapacitated), Jenny, Felix
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 2), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 3)

Downed: Orc (Male, adult), Lookout (Male, young), GG (Male, Young), GG (Female, Adult), GG (Male, Adult), Noncombatant (Male, adult), GG (Female, Adult), Bob, (Male, adult)
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

Now if Cheyenne knew anything about her new abilities its that she wasnt bulletproof, or at least not that bulletproof. Still she was tougher then most, fast as lightning, and when either of those failed she healed faster then that canadian nut with the claws.

So when the shooting started she grunted as a couple of 9mils scratched her face and arms which she crossed to protect her vitals while ducking and weaving like a snake to avoid the rest. the wounds healed and closed almost immediately, and would be gone before sun up. thats when the harpy came at her shrieking like its name sake raking at her with long knife like talons again though she managed to avoid the worst of it getting a few light scratches which healed quickly

Coincidently the claws brought the bird brain in close with the former Delta Force brawler who did exactly what shes been trained to do, Fight dirty. Chey slammed her face forward into the harpys own mug as hard as she could.

Cheys toughness checks in order 19 21 22

_: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
1D20+10 = [14]+10 = 24

made all 3 WOOT :D

Cheys gonna counter attack the harpy _: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
solid DC25 if it hits

and of course upon her turn
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The harpy's bones are deciseivly hollow as Cheyenne is quick to discover, which means her jaw gives way and snaps easily upon impact. The pain is far too much for her and she collapses in silent agony.

"Anzl! Anzl! Anzl!" The man starts to shout in panic, wildly blasting electric blue fire point-blank into Velari's amorphous form. The impacts merely cause her gelatin to ripple, her eyes hardening as she sees what's happened to Eric. Throwing all of her bulk into it, she grasps his upper torso completely and shoves him roughly into the ground.

"Urk-!" Blood splatters as the man bites his tongue upon impact, and he fights her no more.

Shots begin to fire wildly focused mainly on Velari as the gunslingers realize that things have gotten royally out of hand, yet none of the bullets manage to make a dent. The lone man who fired at Cheyenne finds his shot way off, but he's barely even looking in her dirrection as he begins to flee the scene.

GM: I find it incredible how each of those are exactly 2 numbers above the target mark. Pretty incredible feat.

Toughness: 7 Ouch.
Narcotic Blast: 12 Hits due to Defenseless
Velari's Saves: 22, 14 Pass, and I'll rule that a passed toughness negates the secondary affliction effect here.

(free)Velari moves to Pin: 37
Chokehold Save: 25
Toughness Save Vs. Strength: 4 3rd Degree again, he's Out

Heavy Pistols: 18 (Velari) [hit], 10 (Cheyenne) [miss]
Light Pistol: 10 (Velari) [miss]

Velari's Toughness: 26

[Players]Cheynne
[GM] Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 3), Velari
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 1), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 3)

Downed: Orc (Male, adult), Lookout (Male, young), GG (Male, Young), GG (Female, Adult), GG (Male, Adult), Noncombatant (Male, adult), GG (Female, Adult), Bob, (Male, adult), Dr. Feel Bad (Male, Adult), Harpy (Female, Young)
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix, without missing a beat, fires another shot of magical energy at one of the gun toting thugs while moving to the side to keep the club wielding nut from getting behind him.

"Dude," He gives the club wielding man a bewildered look, "The hell did Bob ever do to you?"
OOC: Take ten to pick off another gun minion, DC23 toughness save
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He furrows his brow, shifting the weight in his hands a little more confidently then before. "Hey- He never paid me back that money he borrowed from me! Bob, you piece of shit, give me back my thirty-!"

Felix makes good use of his distraction and hits him from the side, blowing him back several feet to where he lays groaning. At this rate he's never getting his money back.

GM:

Toughness: 14

[Players]Cheynne
[GM] Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 3), Velari
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 1), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 2)

Downed: Orc (Male, adult), Lookout (Male, young), GG (Male, Young), GG (Female, Adult), GG (Male, Adult), Noncombatant (Male, adult), GG (Female, Adult), Bob, (Male, adult), Dr. Feel Bad (Male, Adult), Harpy (Female, Young), WW (Male, Adult)
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal

Cooper jumps, snapping his wings open to gain a little height, and then pounces on one of the gun weilders.

Pounce: 1d20+5 13
OOC - So I had a password issue and tried the Wizards dice roller, but don't see a spot to paste a link... and then remembered my Orokos PW... fun fact - got the same result ! (I typed +4, but its +5. Corrected in the roll. Base roll is 8)
If that somehow hits, DMG DC is 19 (mistake on my sheet says 20)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: How long will Eric be out of commission? He has Regen 4.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM:Give me a fortitude save, as the mage who cast the spell is KO'd.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

OOC: Fortitude Save
Results 1d20+6: 14 [1d20=8]
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Though Copper may feel he was about to flounder his attack, the dragonling managed to take the gunman by complete surprise. He goes down with a yell that cuts short, head banging onto the ground in the fall. A groan escapes his lips as the grip on his smaller caliber pistol goes slack.

On the floor Eric seems to be slowly coming down from the magically induced high, though he's not out of the woods yet.

GM: Not enough to get out of incapacitation, but you'll be able to keep rolling each round. Note that I gave you an HP due to the circumstances at the time.

I'll wait another day for Jenny, as I know Pathfinder has been having some trouble.

Toughness: 7

[Players]Cheynne
[GM] Gun-Toting Gangbangers (Minions: 2), Velari
[GM] Monstrous Mazerunners (Minions: 1), Weapon Wielders (Minions: 2)
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny stayed back towards the door, more concerned with watching the overall situation than with focusing on any one opponent. If this was where the Mazerunners were making Source, chances were good that Boss Longhorn was somewhere nearby.

Just in case, though, fire continued to dance around her fingertips- it wasn't much of a weapon, but it could prove to be a vital distraction...

>OOC:
Readying an action to Aid on defense if one of her companions is attacked- mostly Felix. In that case, 1d20+9= 16, with Teamwork a 21- should be ood for a +2 Defense if needed. Roll https://orokos.com/roll/818497 But really, more concerned about the boss showing up than what the leftovers can dish out.