[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's laughter in the middle of the bar as whatever party is happening there seems to hit another highpoint.

GM: By the looks of things; Jenny, Velari, and Cheynne are being waited on for various responses to the situations at hand.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix waited for a moment, then shrugged, climbing out of the Mongrel with his staff in hand. How he handled this was largely dependent on what the man did or didn't do.

If he kept walking into the bar, Felix would follow, passing the man's car if at all possible.
If he stopped and turned around? Well, things were probably going to come to a head because Felix wasn't exactly dressed for blending in...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

In the end he does seem to pause in his action, clearly having some heated argument with someone over his earpiece. He's obviously not very happen about it by the look on his face when he turns around, showing Felix a younger man with light skin in his mid-twenties wearing an impatient scowl that fits far too easily on his face. When his brown eyes lock with Felix's own, he turns to spit onto the ground before meeting him again with a challenging look. "What're you looking at"

For some reason, the man seems somewhat familiar to Felix. After a brief moment the realization comes to him; this was one of the spelljunkies who were at the abandoned hideout last week. He was already knocked out by the time Felix saw him up close.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

For the moment Chey had been content to sit and wait patiently to see what would happen. She chewed slowly on a Sandwich shed ordered and passed some strips of meat down to Copper whod dutifully sat near by--such a good boy--. She was sipping some beer when the dragon nudged her leg. She followed his line of sight and took in the satyr and his companions.

She sized them up a bit and decided that perhaps the best course of action was to rattle everyones branches a bit. She looked over where their new large tree like friend was and chuckled to herself at the irony of that thought before standing up and nodding to Copper to come along.

She wove her way through the bar casting a quick hold on to your hats glance at Velari and Treant with a wicked smirk attached. She kept one hand gently on top of the dragons head and made her way to the table where she intentionally hip checked one of the party goers hard enough to deposit them on their arse.

" Oops sorry about that." she said while looking blankly around at whoever shed just dumped
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man hip-checked in particular is a rather unruly looking orc of a man, already unsteady from having plenty to drink. Like a flash the merriment cuts out, and the entire bar seems less lively as a result. "The hell you think you're doing, you big ass bitch?" He slurs up at her, unsteadily trying to get back onto his feet. "You should think twice before you-"

"Whoa whoa now, settle down there Barnaby~!" A light and airy voice interrupts, along with a hand that settles on the orc's shoulders. You notice that the hand's nails seem to be black naturally, and there's a hint light-brown fur that leads further up the red long-sleeved dress shirt the man wears. Following the limb all the way to wear it connects reveals the smiling face of the satyr in question. His speech has a lifting melodic tone as he continues on, "We wouldn't to cause an incident right when things are getting good, now would we?"

"Yeah... Yeah, sorry man." The orc replies, the anger lifting off his shoulders with each word.

"I think you've had enough to drink for now, how about you go sit down and let everything settle."

"Right... Right. I'll do that." Comes the slurred response, and soon the orc walks off to one of the tables they were using before their party reached it's height.

With a spin the satyr waves his hands in the air, "What's with that serious look everyone, it's a celebration~! Drink, eat, dance, it's our night tonight!" With those inspiring words, the rest of the patrons seem to get back into the groove of things. The Satyr turns to cheyenne with a smile as well, "How about you join us too? We could always use a few lovely ladies as well, no party is complete without a good mix I say. Or was there..." His eyes glint as his smile sharpens. "Something else on your mind?"
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny had been looking down the street at the guy, and she had even opened her mouth as if she was just about to say something. And then she just, well, froze up, looking at something else instead. She didn't say a word, didn't even blink, as Felix got out of the 'car'.

And just as suddenly, she returned to awareness, muttering the first syllable of her suggestion before she realized that Felix was already headed down the street. "Damn it Bob," she whispered as she hunkered down in her seat a bit, watching the scene unfold.

>OOC: Lost my focus a bit there. Sorry.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"What's your problem, man?" Felix pauses, leaning on his staff.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He spits to the side and gives Felix a look meant to ward him off. "Nothing to do with you, so just fuck off."

Their head tilts slightly as if he were trying to listen to something, but he doesn't directly react. Instead he pulls out his cell-phone as if he had just received a call and turns away from the mage. The act is surprisingly convincing and professional, but his act was over before it even began. "Where are you? ...No, there's just some weirdo that seems to got lost coming back from the 80's. ...What's going on where you're at? ...Shit, you sure I should just be waiting here for you?"

--

Velari on the other hand is witness to the other side of the conversation. "...Dammit Dave, I told you to stay put. Is it one of them? ...Dosn't sound familiar, but keep on eye on him. ...Some Amazonian woman just body-checked on orc in the middle of it. ...No, just stay in the damn car. I'll need you if things go south."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Subtle," Felix deadpans, "Would have been more convincing if you hadn't been talking to yourself earlier."

"But, hey, if you're still chasing the dragon, who's to say you aren't just nuts,"
Felix notes to himself, happy to annoy the man by not getting the hint.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Looking around, Velari caught sight of Cheyenne, assumed Copper would be near her while the others hadn't made it inside yet. "Sounds like maybe we aren't who she's looking for...but she does certainly stick out. Let's approach all calm like and see how she reacts."
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

"Sure" Treant replied. Setting aside his bucket, he erected himself from the bar, towering like, well, a tree. His foliage cast a shadow that reached the woman far before they did. On each step the roots on his feet tried futilely to sink in the wooden floor. "I really hope this is calm enough..." he thought to himself. This heroing thing wasn't exactly rocket science, but wasn't up his alley either, and he wanted to deliver a good impression.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix's words result in the most likely scenario as the man shoves the phone back into his pocket and get's right up into the mage's face. "I'm not giving you another warning, back off."

GM;
Intimidation: 19

-

What was happening in the center of the room seems to have drawn enough eyes off of Treant that nobody really gives him a hard time as he's moving. Everyone here knows not to mess with someone bigger then them, and this man was certainly someone nobody wanted to rub the wrong way. Velari follows close behind, her companion taking focus off her almost completely. Your target seems to be the only one fully aware of both of you, her eyes narrowing with suspicion as she's approached so brazenly.

Yet contrary to expectation, she doesn't bolt or even try to hide at all, standing her ground until both arrived. "What's rustling your branches so bad you're coming over here?" She snarks.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

For a second Felix is scared.

For a moment he remembers that only a few months ago he wasn't special. He was weak. He walked through these streets terrified that somebody was going to beat him up, mug him, or just kill him. He'd spent a lot of time working on security around his shop less to make himself feel safer as to scare off the crazed junkies, drunks, and want to be thugs.

He remembered getting beaten up in school by people for the crime of walking down the same halls.

He remembered living in pain.

He remembered living in fear.

He remembered being powerless.

Powerless.

Stepping back from the snarling man Felix brought his right fist up and around to land on his own chest, on a small dark power symbol that sat on his left breast.

"Power on," He murmurs and his jacket hums to life, the symbol on his breast turning green as LED piping ignites across his coat.

The world had changed.

"Try it, junkie," Felix snaps back as the comforting presence of his force field slides into place. It's almost enough to keep the tremors from his hands, "This is a free country. You don't like it? You piss off."

OOC:Save vs intimidation: 1d20+8 18
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He purses his lips together, flares his nostrils, and takes a quick look around the immediate area. Then he charges Felix, briefly getting a hold of his coat and making to drag him off to an alley nearby. Felix however manages to slip out of his grip without any trouble at all.

Grab: 15
I'm not going to ask for initiative as it's just you and Jenny for now. You two may act and I'll respond.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Velari looks at the woman. "You're making odd eyes at people. I was curious. I don't like people making odd eyes at me and mine." She wasn't trying to be intimidating as such, but to come off as hard enough that she's not going to spook if the other woman tries to be intimidating.