[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Fighting Medic

She was done making sure the woman was ok, and had decided to begin really putting pressure on the teens. When Copper spoke up. She was rapidly learning to trust the dragons instincts. So when he sounded off she stood up and looked at him before speaking quietly with a nod of agreement to Velari.

"Show us boy."

She then followed him trusting the dragonlings senses and instincts to guide them.
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri May 24, 2019 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"Hack, Slash, dock," Felix says.

The two drones fly back down and reattach themselves to the back of his trench coat.

Looking at the people still standing there he shrugged, "There is magic out there. You can find it. But this?"

He points to the inhalers, "It's not freedom, it's a noose."

"But you're the only one who can decide that for you,"
He nods, "We're here for the Mazerunners. You're not the Mazerunners so, stay frosty."

There wasn't really much to be said in that regard. A group of drug addled squatters would have a hard time calling the cops. And barring the damaged door there wasn't much evidence of anything happening now that they'd all been healed.
And keeping them prisoner wasn't an option, not that he even wanted to consider it.

Of course they could tell the Mazerunners that they were here, but considering the trouble they were having finding the drug dealers that could be a good thing.

A very scary dangerous good thing.
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
HP:1
Condition: Overprotective

Arkrite wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:08 am Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

"There is magic out there. You can find it. But this?"

He points to the inhalers, "It's not freedom, it's a noose."

"But you're the only one who can decide that for you,"
He nods, "We're here for the Mazerunners. You're not the Mazerunners so, stay frosty."
Delancey glided up next to Felix "I agree with my . . . companion." Delancey was unsure on that term. They were of a company, it sounded better than "associate" -- it might be worth circling back to that later. "But only up to a point. You must be able to make your own choices. However, no good can come of those." So saying, a bright flash engulfs them.
OOC wrote:Power stunt: Close Range Nullify 10. Cone Area to hit as many inhalers as possible (while actively avoiding hitting Felix), followed by a Recovery Action to counter the fatigue.
"I know of at least two clinics that deal in detox. I can give you directions or even a lift if you like."
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---

Melanie shakes her head as she starts to feel better. Then, seeing the amazon and the slime woman following the little dragon, she decides to come along as well.

"Did... did he find something?" She asks groggily as she rubs her forehead.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The flash of magic expelling light covers the two who had refused to give theirs up, and they can do little to stop it. When the flash clears, the skittish teen has already fled the building in a panicked rush. The other with the bad eye scowls, before tossing his now useless drug against a wall where the plastic shatters. "Dammit... I don't care, just get the hell out of here already."

He slides himself down the wall he was leaning against and pulls his knees up, arms laying on top. With the way he's purposefully looking away from Delancey, it's clear to her he wants nothing to do with her right now.

Following Copper downstairs leads those who did to the stairwell's bottom. There's only a grey brick wall with a smattering of graffiti to greet them, yet Copper's nose still tells him there's something else here. For Felix and Delancey, they detect a hint of magic nearby.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"Hidden door you think?" Velari examines the wall a little. "Can't be air tight if smell can get out.. So in that case I should be able to..."

She trails off as she starts to elongate her hand and press it along the upper and lower seams of the wall where it meets the ceiling and ground respectively, trying to push her liquid physiology through any gap to (hopefully) find a hidden space beyond. Though, more to find the space, not fully squeeze her way through just yet.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Velari is able to find large enough seams to begin her probing. It don't seem like your typical sliding wall, as she can't find any actual mechanism. It's not watertight however, and she could easily slide her way through to the other side if she wished.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"You might want to be careful," Felix notes, "I'm feeling some magical mojo nearby."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"But of course." she responds to Felix.

With a little concentration, Velari closes her eyes, which seem to fuse shut while her actual eyes travel down her face, neck, shoulder and along her arm to where she has her hand squeezed through to the other side of the wall to have a look around, coming to rest in her palm where she aims then around to see. "I spy with my little eye..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As the group watches the amorphic woman reveal her talent in spying, Velari herself finds it hard to make out much of anything on the other side. It's dark, nearly pitch black, aside from small LED lighting on things that she can just barely see the outlines for. From what she can tell, it's a hallway, and at a glance empty and unused. From the small amount of light she can perceive, it's obvious this section of the building has power, but the ways to turn on the lights or even open the door from this side are a mystery with just a cursory search.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Copper continues to sniff around at the wall, looking for concentrations of the smell he is used to. For some reason, he has not only the notion of Spring Cleaning coming to mind, but also a fairly strong sense of the space where containers were locked away... He sniffs at the ground and looks for disturbances in the paths. For something "cleaner" than the rest of the area.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Copper puts his nose to the ground, so to speak, and starts trying his best to isolate a particular smell. It takes him a few tries, but in the end he identifies the scent of humans mixed in with the clean, old perhaps, but still noticeable to his keen nose. Each of the scent lingers on one brick in particular, just underneath the stairwell where a hidden glyph is located, depicting something that looks like a circular maze inlaid with symbols. For a dragon who's watched TV with his family time and time again, he recognizes a hidden switch when he sees one.

Velari is just in the process of retrieving her liquid limbs when the dragon nudges the glyph with his nose. Whether he did it intentionally or otherwise, it seems to do the trick as Delancey and Felix can sense a flash of magic racing from the arcane lock to the brick wall. Before everyone's eyes the bricks start to peel back one by one, revealing the gaping darkness just beyond. Clearly some mage has taken inspiration from the famous scene of a certain series of children's novels.

There's an old switchbox that seems straight out of frankenstein's movie a few feet inward, clearly flipped into the off position. Some cursory investigation doesn't reveal it to be tampered with in anyway, leading to the inevitable conclusion of someone throwing it up. There are no sparks when it clicks into place, but the lights do come on one by one, illuminating a hallway that was probably originally used for building maintenance. A few appliances of various types and functions line the walls here and there, only a two of which even plugged in. Others lay on the ground, broken and inoperable. Further down there are closed doors leading to rooms unknown. It only takes a sniff of the unveiled atmosphere for the scent of a hospital comes to mind.

Arachne senses no movement at all beyond the opened hallway, abandoned perhaps just as the teens said. Yet to everyone, not just those gifted with the awareness of magic, power seems to linger. It sends goose bumps down your skin, and even Velari feels a shudder through her body as the hallway is opened up. There's no doubt that this basement was the source of the dark magic that clings to the building, seeping into it's every nail and tainting it whole.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix brandishes his staff, lighting it up and staring down the hallway.

"I have a bad feeling about this."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: investigating

Cheye watched as first Velari then Copper did their thing and was rewarded when Copper found the doorknob apparently.

"Good Boy." she praised proudly him and scratched him between the ears. then she made her way in "Diagonally..." she muttered a tinge sardonically as she looked around
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---
Arkrite wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:17 am "I have a bad feeling about this."
"You and me both." Says the drider. "Hey, you know that ball of webbing I gave you? Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I think it might be a good idea to start using it.

"This whole thing—" She gestures to the creepy corridor. "—might just end up being some kind of magic maze."

---
OOC;
Remember: That web ball essentially functions like an adhesive ball of yarn. ;)