[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Eric thought for a second. "All right, then, the two of you," indicating Michael and Cheyenne, "get into the convention, find out what you can, and get out. The rest of us will go to the corporate building, see what we can discover there. Sound good?"
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I rarely try to push you guys dirrectly, but I'm going to need to step in here. Splitting the party like that would be a very bad idea.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

"If we're going to investigate the company we all need to go," Felix leans back in his seat, looking up at the ceiling as he thinks things through, "They'll have security, and all sorts of unstable magical devices. Possibly a set of nearly unstoppable magical robots. They were able to take down a trained agent who, honestly, sounds like she could have easily handled a group of goons by herself. We have to assume they're really dangerous."

"When we go we need to go all together, armed and ready for a fight that makes Longhorn look like a joke,"
He reaches over to rub at an arm that isn't there, "We should see if we can get floorplans for the site from city hall, or off the internet, or maybe through a ghost contact or something."

"I'll try to make something that should scrub us from the security system after the fact, but they'll be able to see us going in. I don't have the time or resources to create something to hide us completely from the security system,"
He looks disappointed by that, but shrugs it off, "We should also be ready to run for it. Even if we're successful there's a good chance they'll call the cops and we'll need to run for it."

He scoffs, "Is it a bad sign that I'm hoping they're up to something so illegal that they won't call in the police?"
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric reached into his pocket, pulled out a quarter. "OK, no more arguing, dammit. Heads, we all go to the convention, tails, corporate." With that, Eric tossed the coin, caught it and slapped it onto the back of his hand.

OOC: Tine to flip a coin...
Description Flip a coin, odd, skip the convention...
Results 1d100: 13 [1d100=13]
Roll...

Eric peeked under his hand, then sighed in disgust. Pulling his hand away, he showed the coin. "Tails. OK, on to corporate, then."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Glad that we're decided then." Mikjal spoke dryly. "Let's figure out what we're preparing then, and when we're moving out."
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; :LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Jenny had been sitting down, looking as if she were dozing a bit- but she had been listening, after all. "Depending on what we are up against, I might be able to conceal us, especially against technological sensors- cameras and stuff. Not sure how much I can do that AND fight, but you all are better at fighting anyways."

>OOC: She should be able to cook up some kind of concealment spell or something. I'll try to put something together in the next day or two, but not tonight- today was kind of a wreck and I am very tired right now...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"We probably want to head in at night. Even with the crowds? Somehow I doubt we'd be able to pass for employees. And after hours there's less worries about innocent people getting caught in the middle," He pauses then adds, "And less chances of them calling the police on us."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"We seem to be better equipped to deal with things in the dark of night."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Still leaning back against the wall of the vehicle, Jenny spoke quietly. "So let's go take a look at this place before we start planning our attack- just drive down the street and look at it. Not the sort of place where I've spent a lot of time, and seeing pictures isn't quite like seeing the fences and buildings for real. I mean, do I want to brew up a cloud of invisibility, or do I want to make us look like a bunch of innocent squirrels, or do we ant Felix to turn his Battle Jitney into a magical burrowing mole machine? What kind of approach would suit the environment..."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Uh, yeah, about that. I really don't want to have my vehicle show up anywhere near the office the day before we actually attack it. That just seems like something the police will notice the next day when they investigate," He pulls out his phone, brings up googlemaps street view and passes it to Jenny, "Besides, we can just do a virtual drive-by these days."

"Though if we can get a copy of the floor plans from city hall that'd be nice,"
He pauses, then looks to Cheyenne and Eric, "Or is that just a TV thing about buildings having to supply their floor plans?"
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Yeah, keep the jitney out of sight for the time being. Virtual drive by sounds good, too. And a visit to city hall couldn't hurt. All right, let's do it."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The elf gives Eric a short nod, "Don't track too much attention to yourselves in the meantime. Felix, I need you to drop me off at..."

GM: Alright, you'll each have time to take at least one preparatory action before you meet up again later that night. Tell me what you're doing, and roll me some checks in case they're required for it.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: Is City Hall open now, or closed?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix grumbles something about feeling like a soccer mom as he drops off people before heading back to the FIX I.T. shop.

His gear, a vehicle change and a sandwich later made his way around the city to a point that had open wifi, and a lack of security cameras in the area. Then he pulled out a battered laptop and got to work seeing just how much time and money they'd spent on their network security.
OOC: Felix is going to try to hack into the company's computers. Hopefully getting access to the security cameras for the site, or try to find some useful information Hacking Attempt: 1d20+7 21
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: It's currently open to the public, yes.
------------