[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 0; Condition: Still Mazed (but not A-mazed)

Jenny slowed down as she heard voices. She paused a moment, listening- she THOUGHT that she recognized them, but it was always possible that the labyrinth had some further tricks in its bag...

She crept forward towards the next corner, peering cautiously around the edge. Then she ducked back for a moment and called out- her friends might react a bit enthusiastically if she just jumped out at them. "Hey guys, its me- don't, you know, blast me or anything..."

After a moment she stepped out of cover, hands open and empty- though with a sorceror that wasn't exactly a guarantee...

>OOC: Moving along
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix manages to bite back his girlish shriek of terror, but he still jumps.

Muttering to himself about building some kind of early warning device motion tracker, he waves at Jenny to hurry up.

"Okay, here's the short, short version. The maze is from another dimension, we need to get out before it goes back, which it will, and the Minotaur has healed up," Felix says quickly, "Get it? Got it? Good. Let's go..."

Felix pauses turns around for a moment to get his bearings and starts heading the way he'd been heading before he'd ran into everybody else. Unless somebody had came from that direction...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Copper nods to Eric, pleased with the results of his efforts.

"I might be able to pull you up to that height...'

Copper's strength of 2 lets hiim lift 200 pounds....
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

"You sure about that? In this form, I weigh around 900 pounds, while in normal form, I'm 225. I wouldn't mind a lift to that bubble over there, but, I don't want you killing yourself trying, ok?" With that, he transforms to his normal, human form. "We can give it a shot, if you like, but, more important, you need to get over there and burn us a hole we can get down through. I think I can make it across if I have to. It'll just slow me down, that's all."

OOC: Eric has already made it to the roof by climbing, but moving across the rooftop will slow him down.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper will try to see if he can assist Eric - more than likely, if Eric tries jumping Copper will have more success in getting him aloft and from wall to wall in search of the others...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What Copper first discovers, quite rapidly indeed, is that Eric is not what one would consider a 'light load'. The dragon's little serpentine eyes nearly pop out of their sockets as he makes his first attempt of lift off without properly bracing himself. Later attempts that follow are marginally more successful, though the little dragonling finds himself needing to pump his wings rather rapidly in order to achieve any form of lift. There's no way on Earth anything bout how they're positioned could be considered aerodynamic, but they're at least seem to be moving faster and less dangerously then if Eric would've had to traverse on foot.

Even with the increased speed of an obstacles flight path, the two find that the perceived exist isn't as readily close as it initially looked. It'll take them some time to get there even still.

Copper is effectively moving with a -1 to his flight rank due to he increased weight.

Baring how successful the group is (with all their tricks they shouldn't have much trouble), all of you should likely converge on he exit at around the same span, one maybe a few minutes before the other. I'll toss some dice to randomly determine.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:47 am "Okay, here's the short, short version. The maze is from another dimension, we need to get out before it goes back, which it will, and the Minotaur has healed up," Felix says quickly, "Get it? Got it? Good. Let's go..."

Felix pauses turns around for a moment to get his bearings and starts heading the way he'd been heading before he'd ran into everybody else. Unless somebody had came from that direction...
Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal (but still in a maze)

Jenny moved to follow along, nodding in agreement with Felix's summary. "I've figured out most of that, and I've picked up an adviser who might be able to help us find the exit." She paused, and gazed down at the elaborate ring on her left hand. "And I've been told, in no uncertain terms just how much it can suck to be stuck in a dimensional prison for a few thousand years."

"So you are very right- Let's go."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric noticed how difficult it was for Copper to take flight, and how hard it was for him to stay in flight while carrying him. He began to say words of encouragement to Copper, wishing like Hell there was something he could do to lighten the poor little dragon's load so he could fly faster.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter (healthy)

Chey sensed someone coming but relaxed when she saw Jenny come towards them. On word that they had a possible exit her smile grew positively feral.

"Good lets get on the move, I want a rematch with the big guy." She said while cracking her knuckles and slamming a fist into her open palm
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"That's good. Because I think he wants to kill me," Felix said, splitting his attention between watching where he's going, updating his map, and making sure that Hack and Slash hadn't gotten stuck on a wall, "Like, really wants to kill me."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter (healthy)

"All the more reason to find him and end him quickly." She replied in an easy manner "Ribeye steaks dont try to hunt you down after."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The journey takes longer then anyone's comfortable with both above and below the maze itself, though everyone's tricks and strategies to avoid getting lost and navigate their way through has likely shaved hours off their time. Predictably, it's the duo of Copper and Eric who bypassed the maze in it's entirety who arrive at where the exit is suspected of being.

There are gaps through the roofing here, a dome of twisted piping and scaffolding acting like a spiked wall barricade to keep them out. Through those gaps you can see the dimming light as the day slowly starts to crawl to an end. Standing in the middle of the room is the hulking form of Longhorn, looking much less worse for wear then he had after Eric initially tore into him. It's baffling to wonder why he hasn't just cut his losses and fled the scene while everyone was trapped within, but Eric and copper both remember just how pissed the Minotaur looked with each action and every word that spilt from Felix's mouth.

Longorn wasn't leaving until the techno-mage was paste on the floor.

GM:
Team A (Copper, Eric) are above the exit. It doesn't seem like he knows you're there yet, but he's almost certainly going to notice if you start bashing your way in. The dome itself looks very dangerous, and Eric realizes attacking it with claws might do more harm then good.

Team B (Cheyenne, Felix, Jenny, + NPCs Velari and the Cancerous Mazerunner) are close to the maze's end, but depending on what Team A does it'll be at least a few rounds until you arrive as normal.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

As Eric and Copper drew close to one of the cracks in the roof, Eric signaled for Copper to land. In a hushed voice, Eric said, "Good job, Copper. Thank you so much. You're a good dragon." Looking through the crack, Eric sees Longhorn. "Shit." Longhorn didn't have to hunt them through the labyrinth, he only had to wait at the exit for them to try to get out. Thinking quickly, Eric takes a whiff through the crack, to see if the others might be close.

Perception
Results 1d20+9: 21 [1d20=12]
Last edited by ichigorno on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eric takes the time to steady himself and get a good grasp of the local smells. Now that he's right by the exit he has to sort through the smells of his city to find those of his companions. On a draft being drug out past Longhorn, Eric picks up the scent of several humans and what might best be described as blueberry jello. By his estimation on how thick the trail is, they might be anywhere between five to ten minutes away.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"They're coming. Five, maybe ten minutes away." Eric took a moment to ponder, then let out a sigh. "OK, gonna be a matter of timing. We wait until just before they get here, then you blow a hole in the roof and we attack. We need to take away his advantage of surprise, so they can stay on their feet, maybe prepare their own nasty surprises. Can you blow us another hole, or do I need to start digging?" With that, Eric shifted to weretiger form again.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no