[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Terrifying

Chey took the opportunity Felix provided her and marched around the corner in all her near seven foot glory. Her eyes were colder then ice and she cracked her knuckles which popped like rifle shots going off. when she spoke her voice was a low intense growl like a wolf just before it tore a deer apart.

"That was a warning shot boys." she said indicating where the globs had struck the wall "You can give up now or I can put you both into intensive care for a month."

Cheys Intimidation check Roll(1d20)+10: 13,+10 Total:23 try to get them to surrender if they fail she has daze
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
HP:1
Condition: Grounded

Letting graviry impose on her again, Delancey dropped to the landing above the two men and held position, ready to keep the pale teen from throwing more lightning around. With her above and the others below, the best she could do would be to minimize collateral damage. Then maybe they could find out more about this minotaur and his operation from them.
OOC wrote:Since they are below her and Delancey has the high ground, obviously they'll just surrender. :p If not, she will drop prone on the landing ledge, shift her D-array all to Nullify 10, use Accurate Attack 2 maneuver to shift to Attack +7 / Nullify 8, All-Out 2 maneuver to further shift Attack to +9 (Defenses are effectively Dodge 9 / Parry -1 due to prone and maneuvers) and Ready as a Standard Action to Nullify the next spell she senses him trying to cast.

Pre-emptive rolls:
Attack check to hit White Lightning's spell: 1d20+9 28
Nullify check on White Lightning: 1d20+8 16
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Copper looked around as the others moved to deal with the two newcomers, barely overcoming his instinct to run to Cheyenne's side... Instead, he assumes a defensive position and is ready in case he needs to get physical. He understood enough from Delancey, Fix-It and Cheyenne that they actually weren't planning on eating these two newcomers, so melting the skin off their bones was probable a bad idea - for now.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Using the malleable properties of her physiology, Velari fluidly reaches under the upper arch of the door and pulls the rest of herself through, sticking to the wall above the door, poised to launch an attack should Cheyenne's attempt at "diplomacy" fall through, with her arms stretched out, it would be a simple task to whip them forward to strike at one or both of the perps.
Array set to (I should incorporate this into the header for easier reference..);
[3] Elongate 3 (60ft ought to be more than enough, yeah?)
[2] Movement 1 (Wallcrawling 1)
[3] Multiattack 3

And she's going to prepare an action to multiattack both guys if they don't yield to Cheyenne's intimidation.
Readied multiattack: 2#1d20+13-1 14 31
(I messed up the roll, both should be -2, but -1, so the results should be 13 and 30.)
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
---
catsi563 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 5:43 pm "Get to the ceiling and use it." she said quietly to Arachne her voice taking on a low threatening intensity as she took up a position near the stairs ready to attack or defend as needed
Melanie does as she's told and crawls up to the ceiling, but she remains hesitant to attack, hoping that Cheyenne will be able to convince the two guys to surrender.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The two of them startle as foam hits the wall behind them. When Cheyenne attempts to intimidate them into surrender however, it becomes clear to her that the drug has made them irrationally brave in the face of such overwhelming force. When Deleancy tries to disenchant the remaining inhaler, she finds that it's enchantment is unnaturally strong in comparison to the other one's.

"D-Damnit, I knew it! H-hey, everyone! It's, it's a raid!" The one with lighting loudly proclaimed, his voice echoing through the stairwell and into the building at large. People can hear doors slamming open, and feet rushing across the floor along with deranged shouting.

"Hah, now you've got it-!" He dosn't get a chance to finish his taunt, as Velari throws a heavy punch straight into his stomach causing him to double over wheezing. It's clear that he's not about to get back up from that blow, and seeing the danger he's in the black man grabs for his partner's own inhaler for himself.

"Get the hell..." He huffs, and sparks shoot out if his eyes as he screams out with pain, "Out of here!!"

The electricity shoots out of his hands with a spurt of blood and the stink of ozone, this magical attack clearly being more powerful then this man could safely handle.
Miss from Felix
Intimidation Resistance (MInions): 23 Wow, brave buggers aren't they?
Nullify Resistance: 23 Are these dice rigged...?
Toughness Check: 4 Ah, not entirely rigged I see.

Attack Vs. Dellancey: 25 Yep, seems my dice are rigged. An excellent roll, but minions can not score crit hits against non-minions. DC 20 Please!

???: ???

Male 1: 21
Male 2: 15 (Powerless), KO'd
Cheyenne: 15
Arachne: 11
Felix: 13
Delancey: 10 DC 20 Toughness Save
Copper: 7
Velari: 3
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
HP:1
Condition: Prone but unscathed

Delancey felt her hair stand up, which she recalled happening once before while flying over a lightning storm. She just barely managed to roll out of the way as electricity arced through the air, scorching the floor where she had been.
OOC wrote:Toughness 5 Check vs rank 5 lightning strike: 1d20+5 21
Whew! Looks like Defensive Roll and Crit-less minion attacks saved me.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Terrifying

Cheyenne had hoped the tweakers would surrender but they were off in another world of perception and too stupid to know safety. Velari dropped one and she followed up by closing the distance with a blur of motion before burying a fist in lightning boys bread basket.

Chey will take 10 presuming these are mooks and KO one DC 25

just for clarity shes not trying to kill him but hes going out for a while
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Just one the first teen seems lik ehe's about to catch his breath and stand back up, Cheynne come sin with a wild haymaker that knocks his lights out. His partner is too busy grinding his teeth in pain too do anything about her follow-up attack, which leaves him much like the first. Upstairs, the sounds of footsteps racing towards the stairs echo downward.
Toughness: 9 Didn't think he would, but fair's fair.

I'll give the rest of you the round to prepare before I roll new initiatives for incoming baddies.

Delancey: 10 (Prone)

KO:
Spelljunkie (Male, white): Knocked out
Spelljunkie (Male, black): Knocked out, electrical burns, Mage's Breath: Static Shock
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Hopefully, the walls and ceiling can support his weight... he's small by dragon standards of course, but walls and ceilings weren't designed to hold much weight... Leaving claw marks as he goes, Copper folds his wings in tightly and climbs up a wall and onto the ceiling, using the latter as a new floor as he headed to perch near where the newcomers would arrive.

OOC - using a move action to walk on walls, (Wall Crawling 2) and readying to use his Cone of Slow gas, which hopefully he can redirect from his altered vantage point to his whoever is joining the fray...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---

Melanie can't help but let out a scream and push herself closer to the ceiling as one of the teens shoots a big lightning bolt out of his hands.

Then, once Cheyenne has taken care of them, the drider gives the big lady a look of disbelief. "Wow, you actually got them both!"

It's pretty obvious that a bunch more guys are on their way, and not knowing what else to do, Melanie focuses and tries to count how many are up there based on the ceiling's vibrations.

---
OOC;
Perception check: 1d20+6 16 to see how many people are on their way using tremorsense.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Arachne can feel the footsteps closing in through her tremorsense, dulled perhaps without her sensitive webs, but more then suitable for detecting people making no effort to hide their presence. There are two on the floor right above them, the loudest set. Further up the vibrations blend together so she can't tell exactly where, but there are at least three upstairs. She dosn't sense anyone else.

2nd Floor:
3rd?:

Delancey: 10 (Prone)

KO:
Spelljunkie (Male, white): Knocked out
Spelljunkie (Male, black): Knocked out, electrical burns, Mage's Breath: Static Shock
------------
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---

Melanie looks at the others and says, "Hey, two of them are coming down from the second floor, and there are three more on the third floor!"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

"I don't suppose you could drop a net on them when they come down?" Felix asks, leveling the glowing crystal on his staff at the next floor landing.

Was it racist asking a spider girl if she could web things? He was pretty sure he'd have been savaged on the internet if he'd said that on social media.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"Not much vertical clearance on a stairwell from the bottom. Maybe try to web them against a wall, or put some webbing on the ground to stick them in place?" Velari doesn't stick around for a reply to her suggestions though. Instead, she starts elongating herself and 'weaving' her way up the stairwell to the next level to delay the next group, sticking to the wall alongside the steps and using the momentum of 'snapping' the rest of herself to.. herself, to launch a pair of attacks at the two gangsters descending as she spots them.
No change in her array, just moving up to the next flight of steps by elongating and 'snapping' up to there, clinging to the wall and multiattacking the two gangsters on their way down.

Attack (Multiattack -2 for 2 targets: 1d20+13-2 19
Attack (Multiattack -2 for 2 targets: 1d20+13-2 19
Lol, rolled the same result twice.