[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix shrugs, then waves to the random guy in the building, "Okay, have fun."

He tries not to wince as Cheyenne drops her name and where to find her. That couldn't possibly come back to haunt her.

Turning his attention to the building he looks around trying to see if he can sense where the magic is coming from, up or down.

"Any thoughts on where we should start searching? I'm leaning towards the basement."

He made a note to hurry things along. If that guy didn't go and tell somebody that they were here he'd be shocked.
OOC: Perception Check: 1d20+5 11 Trying to see if his magical awareness can sense more of that drug. I suspect the answer is "you sense magic all around you" :D
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey

She heard some male voices talking about the noise downstairs and possibly walking away with the intent to investigate, but she still wasn't sure if it was clear. She could be as bold as Cheyenne, but it would seem like such a waste to lose the advantage of distraction at this point. She counts silently to 10 and carefully opens the door.
[b]OOC[/b] wrote: Readying an action to put up a Light Shield if spotted by hostiles.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She opens the door to reveal... nothing. Between her hesitation and the small hallway, it seemed that whoever was up on this floor were already making their way down the steps. She can sense the enchanted drugs they had on their person as they travel further down the steps.

On the ground floor the old man mutters a thanks before quickly making himself scarce. Felix meanwhile tries to expand his senses, mostly picking up the background magic that suffused the building. Yet there's something odd about it, that he can't quite put his finger on just yet. He dosn't have much time to react before he can hear footsteps and voices coming from the stairwell.

"I swear man, I bet it's that girl again. She can't hold her breath well enough you know?" Comes from one, young sounding and scratchy.
A deeper baritone responds. "If that bitch thinks she can try and nab ,y stash again, I swear I'm gonna fireball her ass..."
People are coming down the stairs, but you have maybe half a minute to react.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 6:28 am She opens the door to reveal... nothing. Between her hesitation and the small hallway, it seemed that whoever was up on this floor were already making their way down the steps. She can sense the enchanted drugs they had on their person as they travel further down the steps.
The camphor-magic hung in the air like an odor after them. Delancey knew what she had to do. She flew after them, ready to purify those inhalers before they could use them if she was quick enough.
OOC wrote:Array: Flight 3, Nullify 7. Move Action to get behind the men. Ready Action to Nullify inhalers if they become visible or if she senses a spell being cast.
"I swear man, I bet it's that girl again. She can't hold her breath well enough you know?" Comes from one, young sounding and scratchy.
A deeper baritone responds. "If that bitch thinks she can try and nab ,y stash again, I swear I'm gonna fireball her ass..."
"Oh, I really don't like fire."
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
---
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 pm "Allow me to be the first one out of here, then..." The vagrant says, before trying to make his way through the crowded entryway and out.
"Wait, hold up!" The drider says before the homeless man leaves, and then hands him the fifty dollar bill. "Here, I want you to have this."

She also appreciated what Cheyenne did for him.
Arkrite wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:25 am "Any thoughts on where we should start searching? I'm leaning towards the basement."
"Sounds like a good place to start, yeah." The drider nods with a smile.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"We got a couple people coming downstairs," Felix whispers, pointing his staff towards the stairwell, "Sounds like one can hurl fireballs."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Valeri nods to Felix and extends her arms up the hall to the stairwell, adhering her hands to the walls beside the door and pulling the rest of herself swiftly up the hall, flexing and stretching slightly to arch herself over the doorway so she won't be in immediate sight when the door opens.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Huh-?"The voices are given form to Delancey at last, one of them a tall lanky teen with a pale complexion, while the other shorter and stocky with dark skin. Both of them startle, inhalers already in hand as they both get ready to use them.
Please pick which one you're going to target, and make your attack and nullify rolls. Toss me an initiative while you're at it, as well as one from everyone else.

Initiative Rolls

Male 1: 21
Male 2: 15
------------
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
HP: 1
---
Arkrite wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:48 pm "We got a couple people coming downstairs," Felix whispers, pointing his staff towards the stairwell, "Sounds like one can hurl fireballs."
"Oh shit!" The drider whispers back and looks to Felix with a panicked expression on her face. "What do we do!?"

---
OOC;
Initiative roll: 1d20+2 11
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Attack

"Get to the ceiling and use it." she said quietly to Arachne her voice taking on a low threatening intensity as she took up a position near the stairs ready to attack or defend as needed

Cheyennes Initiative Roll(1d20)+8: 7,+8 Total:15

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
HP:1
Condition: Normal
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:37 pm
"Huh-?"The voices are given form to Delancey at last, one of them a tall lanky teen with a pale complexion, while the other shorter and stocky with dark skin. Both of them startle, inhalers already in hand as they both get ready to use them.
A beam of light lanced out toward the swarthy one; Delancey was sure he was the one talking about fireballs and she did not want to evacuate another burning building if she didn't have to.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"If they want to talk, we talk. If they want to kick our ass, we kick theirs. But for the love of St. Jude, don't kill anybody," Felix whispers back quickly, readying his staff.
OOC: Init: 1d20 13.
Best roll so far.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Init: 1d20+4 7
Note - Copper has a 5 point fire immunity...

The dragonling looked around as the action unfolded, his wings snapping close to his body as he scrambled for cover - close or next to Cheyenne if possible.
Last edited by Bladewind on Mon May 13, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The man is caught completely off-guard as his inhaler is dis-enchanted, only realizing it too late when he presses it to his lips and huffs. "Oh shit- Something's wrong, it ain't working!"

His companion's eyes go wide. "What the hell-?! H-hey, I'm not letting you take my breath! I need this shit!" With a huff of his drug, the teen's eyes light up with unnatural lightning. Tossing out a hand an arc goes wide, scorching part of the stairwell with an electric crackle. He stutters. "Th-That was just a warning shot! Get out of here before I hit you for real!"
For the sake of ease, I'll have both the NPCs go on the same round despite Cheyanne having a higher initiative bonus. I do my combats using block initiatives, so as you're all in the same block, take your turn at your earliest convenience. Your opponents are minions.

Will Save: 18 Failed!
Male 1 Attack: 9

Male 1: 21 (Powerless)
Male 2: 15
Cheyenne: 15
Arachne: 11
Felix: 13
Delancey: 10
Copper: 7
Velari: 3
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Hack, Slash, detain left target," Felix says loudly.

Two small drones detach from the back of his trench coat, shifting around to reveal two small cannons as they float up into the stairwell. A second later they start firing small globs of orange foam at the wall next to the target.

Felix winces, taps a button on his glasses and mutters, "Note to self: re-calibrate drone targeting system."