[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With Copper's naturally senses from his life as a dog, he's able to hear the feint murmurs of the woman's heartbeat along with some shallow breathing.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Fighting Medic

Cheyenne Reached down and gently sritched the copper dragonling between his eyes as she gave a hard glare to the guy on his knees.

"Stay put." she said her tone of voice brooking no argument as she spoke quietly to Copper "Watch him boy."

Then she turned and knelt down next to the woman shed hit. The impact had been pretty brutal near car wreck levels but shed hit people and things harder then that. She began to check the womans pulse and breathing in a cool professional manner. She kept working until she was sure the woman was alive and well.

Cheyennes Treatment check Roll(1d20)+2: 13,+2 Total:15 barely should stabilize the woman in question and let her keep breathing

Just for future notes Cheys not above using lethal means as needed but she should be considered to go for the KO unless stated that shes out for blood. she might put someone in the hospital for a bit but only in the morgue as a last resort
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

Valeri sighs as the remaining combatants surrender and the screaming stops. Looking around, she takes a quick survey of the situation. "Is anyone in need of medical attention?" she looks to the ones she knocked out, hesitant to move closer as the last few who surrendered, as tense as the situation was, she didn't want to spook them.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The kid just shakes his head rapidly, not at all wanting to go up against the mighty amazon and her attack dragon.

When she kneels down to check the woman further, Cheyenne finds that her attack sounded worse then it actually was. The woman probably has a concussion from the way her brains rattled, but she seems at a glance tougher then the others. Curiously, the inhaler she was using is empty.
OOC wrote:Accidents always happen, but no worries for right now.
------------
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Delancey
HP:1
Condition: Unsullied

With the squatters' surrender (and their non-affiliation to the Mazerunners they were hunting), Delancey takes down her light shields and flits toward the man on the landing who cried out.

"We have no interest in killing you. We seek the Mazerunners who were here before you. Do you know when they vacated these premises?" She scans him quickly, looking for any sign of injury or possibly another inhaler.
OOC wrote:No hardcore interrogation, just a straight question. Routine check if needed. If he's injured she will heal him (rank 5), if there's an inhaler she'll null it, and if there's nothing else she will keep listening but also do a quick flyby to each of the squatters, both to heal any possible injuries and to defuse any more inhalers she comes across.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With time to apply her abilities more leisurely, it's simple for her to go around and remove the enchantments of the drugs that were on the bodies of those unconscious. A tap of her glowing touch is enough to relieve the worst injuries sustained by the drugged up vagrants, though a doctor would probably want to examine them anyway. The one with the worst injuries is of course the woman who through the ash bomb. When Delancey is preparing to disenchant her own inhaler, she finds that there's barely any lingering enchantment at all.

The two who are up and moving prove to me more resistant, desperately clinging to their Source as if it was their lifeline. The need to protect it grows only ever stronger the more she cleanses. "H-hey, we paid for this stuff fair and square alright? We, we come here so we don't hurt anyone when we practice with it..." One of the mumbles, a shorter then average Asian boy who's probably around sixteen years old at best. His dark hair actually looks to be professionally cut, if dirtied from being in a decrepit building such as this. A backpack hangs off his shoulders, the zipper for the main compartment open enough for the sleeve of a shirt to poke out.

He turns his head to the side when her more pointed question comes through. "Weeks maybe? It's, it's not like we were keeping track or anything. Just one day people stopped coming outta there..."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 1:07 am Valeri sighs as the remaining combatants surrender and the screaming stops. Looking around, she takes a quick survey of the situation. "Is anyone in need of medical attention?" she looks to the ones she knocked out, hesitant to move closer as the last few who surrendered, as tense as the situation was, she didn't want to spook them.
"Eh, she'll be fine," Felix says in regards to the one he zapped, "She'll have a bad hair day for a week, but otherwise just kind of have a lingering tingly feeling for a few days."

He learned that one the hard way. His first staff exploded.
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 pm The two who are up and moving prove to me more resistant, desperately clinging to their Source as if it was their lifeline. The need to protect it grows only ever stronger the more she cleanses. "H-hey, we paid for this stuff fair and square alright? We, we come here so we don't hurt anyone when we practice with it..." One of the mumbles, a shorter then average Asian boy who's probably around sixteen years old at best. His dark hair actually looks to be professionally cut, if dirtied from being in a decrepit building such as this. A backpack hangs off his shoulders, the zipper for the main compartment open enough for the sleeve of a shirt to poke out.

"You mean other than yourself?"
Felix asks, slamming his staff down.

"Your bodies aren't designed to handle magic, not even if you could use it without drugs,"
he snaps, "You need something to channel it with or it literally burns you apart from the inside out."

He lights the top of his staff as if to make a point, "No pain. No blood. No drugs."
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:13 pm He turns his head to the side when her more pointed question comes through. "Weeks maybe? It's, it's not like we were keeping track or anything. Just one day people stopped coming outta there..."
"Stopped coming out of where? Wait, did they just disappear and you guys moved in?" Felix asked, starting to wonder if the Maze Runners moved... or just went down.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Here, I meant here!" He stammers, clutching the inhaler in his hand as if it were a protective gun. It may as well have been.

The other boy, maybe college aged with sandy blonde hair, had an eye that seemed inflamed. Felix's comments about the affects of magic seem to strike a nerve, as he looks down at his own with a frown.

"Erhm..." Comes the nervous voice of the first. "I... I don't know, man. I'm sorry."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

"It's fine, it's fine," He says with a sigh, "Sorry, man, I'm just bitchy 'cause of that headache."

He killed the light on the staff and rubbed his still aching ears, "So where did the Maze Runner's stay when they were here?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He hunches his shoulders up, raising a hand up while momentarily mouthing nonsense. "How am I supposed to know that? It's an old apartment building. The rooms probably?"

"Jenny," Speaks up the other, who jerks a thumb to where the smoker was laid out. "She's the one who scoped the place out for us. Thought there might've been a stash somewhere leftover. If she found any, she never told us."
------------
Loneclaw

Post by Loneclaw »

Melanie "Arachne" Rogers
---

Melanie tries to cover her ears when the fifteen-year-old screeches at them, but she's all too late.
She's disoriented, and there's a ringing in her ear that blocks out all other sounds, which persists even as her compatriots question the teenagers. As the conversation goes on, she just looks around with a shocked expression on her face, unable to make out what anyone's saying.

---
OOC;
Dodge: 1d20+8 9 - Nat 1, ugh. -w-
Toughness: 1d20+8 9 - ... and another Nat 1...
Sorry for not posting in a while, BTW, but it seems like I've found an appropriate IC excuse for my absence. :s
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Once it's clear that the people are exactly what he saw earlier... relaxing, lounging, not a threat... he sniffs one more time at the person in front of him before starting to sniff around.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Copper:

This place smells, for lack of better word, awful. Your owners were always very particular about keeping your home clean, doing their best to vaccume the rugs and mop up the spills. Sometimes however, at certain times of the year, the mother of your boys would whip the men of your household up into a frenzy by breaking out the bottles which burn your poor sensitive nose, using them for a human ritual she called 'spring cleaning'.

Despite how dirty this building was, to his nose he could still smell the scent of 'spring cleaning', but it was coming from somewhere further down the stairwell. Wandering down leads to a plain brick wall, a few stray empty boxes, and clumps of litter. Yet he can't ignore that somewhere around here was that burning scent of clean.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"Copper"
Cond: Normal
HP: 2

Copper turns and barks his strange turtle-mating/ raptor sound to get attention as he follows the trail. The notion of Spring Cleaning was something he had always loathed...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy

"What's that boy? Timmy fell down the well?" Velari smirks at the dumb joke, but then puts on a serious face.

"You find something? Sense something? Show us." she brings herself to Copper to follow the dragon's lead to whatever gotten his attention.