[IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

"Funny, that doesn't sound like explaining- that sounds like begging, which is not what I asked for. You tell us, THEN you get let loose." She waved both hands now, and her voice trailed into sibilant words that were not English. Light gathered around her fingertips as they plucked at the air, gathering spider-web-thin filaments of energy. From somewhere, a soft drumming sound, just loud enough to be heard, began to echo...

>OOC: Now she is starting to use actual Sorcery, warming up her Variable. Expertise- Sorcery 1d20+5= 13, roll https://orokos.com/roll/870053 . That beats the base DC 10 by 3, so she has 3pp available. Start with Feature 1 (Prestidigitation)(the energy around her fingers) and Feature 1 (Personal soundtrack)(the drumming that would back a full ritual), with 1 PP left over to work with next round.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

His eyes widen a fraction while he futily tries to pry of Cheyenne's iron grip. "M-my boss! I wasn't lying before, h-he needs help with something, and he's heard about you. Thinks you can help him."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition- fatigued

The soft drumming sound continued, and the string of glittering light continued to dance around the young woman's fingers. Her voice shifted, deepening, and her words turned harsher, guttural syllables like rough bites of sound. Between the words of the incantation, she spat out individual words in something more like a normal tone. "Good" "Start" "Keep" "Talking"

Another heartbeat, another snarl- now the glittering lights in her hand were manifestly not just light- they flickered with the cheerful hue of fire...

>OOC: Expertise- Sorcery DC 10 to shift more Variable, 1d20+5= 14, roll https://orokos.com/roll/870302 . 4 more there, with the 1 from last round, into Conjure Flame (Perception range damage 1, +Precise), 4pp used, 1 still available.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The flames dance in the reflection of his eyes, his jaw hanging slack. "Th-that's all I can say, I'm sorry! Please, just let me go!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"So skip him like a stone and see if we can land him on the other side of the freeway, or Bounce him off the blacktop and see if we can hit a truck as it passes?" she said to jenny rolling her shoulder reflexively as if to loosen it up.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Sweat beads down his face, "H-hah... You're just, just playing right? You're not serious right? I-I didn't do anything to you two, I swear!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Jenny raised one hand, a tennis-ball sized flickering orb of fire hovering just above it. "As long as he keeps talking, don't hurt him. And you, keep talking. Who is your boss, your real boss? What does he want? And how did you know where to find us?"


>OOC: No change to the Variable for now
User avatar
ichigorno
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: Since Michael seems to have gone MIA, Eric will go to investigate the dead researcher's apartment, ALONE! Mr. GM, please put him there.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 4615
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eyes wide with fear, he scrambles to try and speak. "He-He wants t-to... To...!"

Yet, the words refuse to come to him. Something seems to catch in his throat, causing him to gag and more frantically grab for Cheyenne's hands in some hopes that he could escape her seemingly crushing grip.

Escape attempt: 24

-

When Felix finally exits the garage after getting himself changed up, he spots the two men standing nearby. Eric seems to be appropriately bored with the long wait before he could get to doign what he was best as an Investigator, while the elf has his back turned to towards the door. Approaching closer reveals that he's having some frantic discussion to someone over his phone, one of those newer SynPhones with those ultra thin flexible bodies. Figures that a man like him would only have the latest models.

From his expression, whoever called didn't have great news.

An odd swearword wholly unfamiliar to the other two, Michael slips the phone up into a holster up his sleeve. "Good news, my contact has something for me regarding that edited traffic footage. Bad news is he wants me to check up on it in person. I'll check back with you two later tonight if I can. Here, let me see your phone and I'll add my contact information."

Once Felix, most likely with great trepidation, hands over his phone Michael brushes his sleeve against the IR sensor. There's a soft beep as the process goes off. Before handing it back the elf makes a few personal adjustments to the new contact, and hands it back over to the technomage. "I'll let you know when I've finished up on my end, but give me a call if you run into any trouble. Good luck."

Business with the elven agent for the moment left to the side, Felix and Eric are free to take his old van off on their journey. The plan early was to leave behind the investigative pair at the apartment while the teams other side paid the convention a visit, but now the two might have some second thoughts about splitting up even further. They have some time to adjust their plans before Felix eventually pulls up to the deceased researcher's building. The parking garage's lower levels seem to be blocked off due to ongoing repairs, but this section of downtown has a few parking lots within walking distance.

GM: For the moment we'll put Michael off to the side, but Bladewind is free to jump back in at any time. Even right after this post, if he so chooses.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
I'm the GM of The New Mythos, and play more characters then I probably should.
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Fatigued
HP: 3


"Ugh, parking lots. Highway robbery. I should have bought an open lot and charged people to park," He pauses then makes a face, "Wait, why didn't I do that?"

He sighs, parking the Mongrel, and paying for an hour's worth of time with a scowl.

"So, how do we do this? Walk on up, scope the area out?" Felix honestly had no idea how one did an investigation, and since he was literally standing right next to a professional it seemed like a good time to take some professional advice.
User avatar
ichigorno
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Eric had indeed grown bored waiting for Michael to decide to answer Eric's questions about how to proceed. Now that Michael was heading off on his own, it was quite clear to Eric that he was going to travel with Felix. Eric grunted quietly as he realized he would likely have to give Felix a crash course on how to assess a crime scene. ~Nothing like on the job training,~ he mused to himself with a mild chuckle.

When Felix asks Eric about how to investigate, Eric replies, "Basically, yeah. Now, be sure to let me do the talking; I have the license, after all. " As they drive, Eric gives Felix the general run down of crime scene investigation. And while the team doesn't have the sweet gear that gets used on the television show, they have other means to gather information, not the least of which is Eric's nose...
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
User avatar
Arkrite
Posts: 2463
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:16 pm
Location: Canada

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
Status: Fatigued
HP: 3


Felix shrugs. He didn't really like the people side of stuff that much anyways, so he was happy to agree.

"Sure, the talking is all yours. But I mean, we're here. Place is just down the block. You want we should just walk up to the door, or walk around the block scope out the area, or..." He trails off hoping that Eric will supply him with the proper next step.
pathfinderq1
Posts: 963
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Fatigued

Jenny looked at the man quizzically for just a moment, then gave a flash of a smile. "Are you..." she started, but then broke off into another incantation. Whatever power she was reaching for, though, didn't seem to work...

She spat a single word- from her vehemence it had to be profanity. Then, very carefully, she set the glowing sphere of flame aside, where it simply hung unattended in the air. Then she began again, enunciating each word more clearly and weaving her gestures with exaggerated precision.

>OOC:
-Back to shifting Variable: Round 3 Expertise 1d20+5= 9, roll https://orokos.com/roll/871123 - no points shifted
-If we can move into another 'round' (not sure how the timing works since we aren't in combat time), she will try again.
-(If possible, round 4): Expertise 1d20+5= 20, roll https://orokos.com/roll/871124 ; that gets her 10pp, more than enough to invoke Mage Sight
(Detect Magic, ranged, Acute, Analytic), to determine if this guy is under a Compulsion or something to prevent him from speaking about his 'Boss'
User avatar
ichigorno
Posts: 266
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:00 pm

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

"Good thinking.Felix. It'd be good to know if the place is being watched, so we can know to expect an 'interruption' and be better prepared to deal with it." Eric smiles malevolently. "I kinda hope there is. 'Twould be an additional source of information. So, we'll both have to be vigilant and watchful for anything out of the ordinary, OK?" Eric nods. "OK, let's go."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
User avatar
catsi563
Posts: 2568
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Contact:

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey was start;ed when her captive suddenly jerked backwards against her grip with the desperate strength of the cornered. She tried to regrab him with both hands but he scooted backwards just out of her reach.



Cheys strength _: 1D20+12 = [6]+12 = 18 nope hes loose

Shell try to regrab him _: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
LOL nope looks like the dice gods wanted him scared not street pizzaed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Post Reply