[OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: [OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - The Reboot

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:30 pm If you are giving me the option, to choose, I will decline the +2 circumstance bonus. Don't want to take that damage.
That's fine. Skyguard is skilled enough to not let the momentum "get away from him."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Kensiedo wrote:DC22 Toughness save for Skyguard
What is the Toughness save for? Was this posted written up before my OOC comments?
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

You are basically committing a slam attack which means you take half damage.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Mechanically, my character is not attacking. Sky Guard is using the Aid action to make Juno's attack more accurate. The flavor text seemed neater than handing Juno an object she could throw. I'll make the save to keep this from turning into an argument, but I'm not pleased about effectively giving the NPCs a free auto-hit attack on my character.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

No, but you are being used as the missile, which means you are effectively making a slam attack. The difference is you are using Alexandra's strength instead of your strength or speed for the damage.

This is also referred to as a 'fastball special' used by the X-Men where Colossus would throw Wolverine at an opponent.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I feel like that is something a person should be able to opt into, rather than have forced on them because of flavor text. That is my issue.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Descriptors are important. Your "flavor text" is the descriptor of your attack. If you had a damage aura, the opponent would also take damage from the aura. You waved off the bonus gained from the combined attack, which is your option. I thought it was strange, but that's your option. And in this case, it didn't lessen the results of the attack.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

stavaros_the_arcane wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:38 amquick question, how many of them can I catch with this without friendly fire?
They specifically flew up at various angles to avoid this kind of thing, so the absolute maximum you can hit is 2. You can choose #1 and #2 or #3 abd #4.

Also, there is no UP building anywhere near your team HQ, unless you are specifically referring to the HQ as the UP building. You are well outside of New Orleans on what was basically a cotton plantation in the 1800's.

Also what wasn't made clear, the planned press conference is to be on the backside of your HQ meaning there are reporters setting up on the other side of the building from where the fight is happening.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

I thought that might be the case. I'll aim for 3 and 4.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

While nobody has Interpose, several PCs could spend an HP for an Instant Counter against the Blaster attacks against Juno
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Alas, Kit is all out.
stavaros_the_arcane

kenseido wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:02 pm While nobody has Interpose, several PCs could spend an HP for an Instant Counter against the Blaster attacks against Juno
How would that work exactly? Just burn the HP to stop the attack or does that take up part of my turn as well?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

As for whether it costs you an action, the rules are - unsurprisingly - vague, so I am going to say that you lose the Standard action from your next round.

But it works as Countering a Power. So you use an effect you have to counter their blaster fire. Like Arca-Knight could use Equivalent Exchange.

Then it's an opposed power check, d20 plus your power rank vs d20 plus their power rank. You win, the power in canceled and has no effect. They win, the power works as normal - in this case Juno is hit.

Despite it being a create, you can only counter one power at a time like this. If you had a Readied action to create a shield around Juno, that would be different.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Or you could not worry about it since she did pretty well on the saves.
stavaros_the_arcane

Indeed. regular post it is.