[OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
mrdent12

Re: [OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - The Reboot

Post by mrdent12 »

It feels over powered to me, so figured I get a second opinion before next round of updating the character sheets.

I was thinking of adding the ranged area teleport attack as a permanent AE, with the caveat of object only. Teleport attack on anyone is a bit too much for me.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

If its objects only, it doesnt technically need "Attack."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Let me think more on it. Is it specifically in response to the two times falling debris has come up in this scene? How else would you see using it?

The point of this scene is to give PCs an opportunity to be creative and earn HP. There is no challenge in the actual combat. If you had a power that could eliminate the falling debris with a snap, it wouldn't be a setback or require creativity. Essentially, I won't be using the falling debris regularly as you have already beaten that challenge, twice.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Yep, the power is a bit much which is why I hesitate. It essentially in validates localised falling debris, slow moving projectiles, potentially vehicles, and the like. So super useful, but also boring. Sort of like area move object except not needing the initial grab.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

kenseido wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:03 am Also, this story and the next two are from published sources. I am using them to get a feel for the PCs and the game in general. Unlike the other games I have run, I dont yet have an overarching story plan.

What this means is if you feel like the PC isnt working out or needs some reworking, you have that time without much impact on the overall campaign.
on that note, I'm strongly thinking of swapping out Juno. given how much Lara Croft is in her makeup, she's more suited to adventures outside the continental US.

to replace her, i'm leaning towards a gravity-control themed brick
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

and tis official, I will be swapping out Juno once this adventure ends. replacing her will be Hagane, the Full Metal Ninja
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I've been a bit distracted the last few days, so trying to piece together the status.

1) So Skyguard and Angela are near the cycles? is there any shadow agents left?
2) Is Kit even within range of helping with Luna Moth?
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Skyguard and Angela are basically on top of the two cycles they just took out.

All six Shadow agents have been disabled.

Because Arca-Knight is closely following her, its fine for Kit to catch up.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

So distance wise, is it greater than 900 feet from Kit? If so he can do an extended for any distance up to 120 miles, but it will take two move actions.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I mean technically they have been going two rounds at Flight 7, but they aren't flying in a straight line. Luna Moth is trying to lose Arca-Knight (well actually everyone). So we'll go with Kit can catch up in a Move action. If he is going to join the chase, you should add your movement check to your round since its the highest one of the team.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Taheka, Juno, and Angela are going to be hard-pressed to get into the chase.

I don't expect its going to last very long, but I kind of feel bad for three PCs not having anything to do.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit's taken his action and I am loathe to go back and edit the post, but in hindsight would it have been a viable alternative for Kit to open the portal allowing the others to come through and get within range of Luna keeping it open with a standard action? Essentially playing the role of ferrying Taheka, Juno, and Angela provided he doesn't lose Luna Moth. I am still getting a feel for this whole portal teleporting thing, so the query is meant to figure out if some tactics would be viable or not down the road.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Its kind of tricky in a chase situation. I am trying not to bog things down in this, but as reality goes, only Arca-Knight should be able to continue since they are moving so fast since everyone else would have lost sight of both of them. I am trying to give you all a reasonable chance of catching her without bogging down in the weeds.

Catching Luna Moth is helpful in the story but in no means is mandatory. But she is a criminal so letting her go is a bit "unheroic."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

And oh right, I missed that Angela has Flight... despite her using it in the last story...

Edit: Since there is only one enemy left, things can be divided up into everyone goes, then Luna Moth goes. In this "round" Arca-Knight and Kit have already gone, so the order isn't really relevant. What I am saying is people holding and what not is not an issue. I should have recognized that before. So yes, the other four can coordinate their actions as necessary, and then after Luna Moth goes again, all six PCs can coordinate their actions - assuming it lasts that long.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I edited my post to account for Sky Guard acting on his suggestion.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created