[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by Arkrite »

I was just assuming he was calling while he was on the way ;~)

Either way works for me.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I just noticed that the thread title seems to carry from poster to poster. Now that I've seen that I can't help but notice. Weird, anyone know why it does that?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Tricksy little hobbits.

Post by Arkrite »

I usually use the "reply with quote" option to auto populate my character name/link to sheet/HP info for each post. It also auto populates the Subject for you, using the same one that was used on that post.

Hence why it might show the title for the first chapter for me, even though we're well into it by now ;~)
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

ditto !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Huh, interesting hearing how other people do it. I always hit edit on a recent post and copy my header, go back a page then start writing up a new one.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

hence the reason my posts are sometimes in the quote box until I go fix it...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

H.M. Murdock (as played by Dwight Schultz) was always my favorite character in the series. The crazy pilot who just seemed to be overly well informed on a number of things.

Fun sidenote: Murdock was never supposed to be a member of the team. He was only supposed to be in the show for the pilot (ha!) episode as they needed a way for the A-Team to fly to their mission. The audience responded so well to the character that they just kept him on in the series.

Also funny was that the show runners wanted Dirk Benedict to play Face, but the suits refused on account of the fact that he wasn't as good looking as they wanted. They made them take an actor who looked entirely too young to have been in the Vietnam war.
After the pilot episode the suits came back and said "The guy playing Face looks way too young" at which point the show runner responded, "I've got the perfect actor in mind..."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Okay, I put up the revised version of Jenny's sheet in place of the old one- added that Sorcery quirk, made some minor skill/advantage changes based on some feedback from an off-line source.

I'll try to get an IC post up later today.

On a related note, I'm reading Ninth House, which is surprisingly relevant...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Everything looks kosher to me. I really like the various split up expertise in supernatural fields, gives her some hood character.

Not heard of Ninth House, care to give a sales pitch for it? :lol:
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:52 pm Everything looks kosher to me. I really like the various split up expertise in supernatural fields, gives her some hood character.

Not heard of Ninth House, care to give a sales pitch for it? :lol:
Ninth House is urban fantasy, set at Yale University- it reimagines the famous secret societies (Skull and Bones, etc.) as magical organizations, each with their own area of expertise, watched over by a fictional 9th House which oversees their arcane activities. The protagonist is a girl from California, a runaway and petty criminal (and survivor of some mysterious violence) who would NEVER have ended up at Yale- except that she can see ghosts (in setting, referred to as "Grays") naturally, without the dangerous potion usually required, which makes her incredibly valuable to that 9th House.

The author actually went to Yale, right about the same time that some of my friends did, though I'm not sure they met her. Still an extra layer of funny.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Huh, sounds interesting enough. Sounds fairly fancy pants too. ;P

Still, pretty cool. Any inspiration for Jenny there?
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Gonna just come on over here after my last post and publicly apologize (as a player) for my character's comment.

It was the first thing that came to mind, and it felt like something Michael would say. He is not challenging anyone, in his mind he is asking for help and laying all his cards on the table. Everything that he has.

I noticed the statement that El Tigre was more annoyed at Michael's superiors than him, which is definitely a sign that the two characters can be played alongside each other...

Personally, as a player, this tension is interesting. For now. I won't let it explode and ruin the game for anyone. Especially the GM.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I find these interactions very interesting honestly, though personally I'm still wondering when y'all transitioned from a park into somewhere inside. :lol:

Is Michael leaving the scene, or are you giving other PCs a chance to stop him?
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I was just going with what I understood in terms of the scene itself... :lol:

Michael stopped to give Felix the information and then turned to leave. He will stop if asked.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Let's assume for now that you've all moved to a park Pavilion at some point, to make things easier on everyone.

Catsi, you looking for a chance to step in over there? Yet to see something from Cheyenne just yet here.
------------