The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Daze: The Dream

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot yawns and glares at the bright world, as if it's at fault for the terrible hour at which Mot is awake. A hood hangs low over Mot's eyes shielding the sensitive orbs from the harsh day-star. Kobold eyes were not meant for such things and it wasn't even full up yet! Mot conceals Motself in the shadow of a shrub as Mot watches the clearing waiting for others to arrive. Mot wasn't about to be alone with the intimidating shiny man.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"You're up early," Junil says as she sets down a plate of eggs and rashers.

"Trouble sleeping," Yarl says. "I'm heading out this morning. So I won't be lighting the furnace."

"I don't like you going into the woods alone."

He looks at his mother and sees The Daze clinging to her. "I'll be fine, Mother. FIdo's coming along." He finishes eating and heads into the smithy. There he goes into the back room and dons his armor and picks up his military hammer. Fido looks at him expectantly. "Let's go, Boy." His side pouches have hard bread and cheese in them for the journey, thanks to Junil, no doubt.

He opens the door to find Thadd outside his door. "Anyone else here, Thadd?" Fido steps out. With several clicks and whirring sound, he steps over to Thadd and sniffs at him.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

It had been difficult trying to sleep the night away, for more then jist his own instincts digging into him to stay awake through to morning. His commander hadn't been pleased to hear he'd be missing his shift, but there was nothing for it. Nothing really happened at night here anyway. He aimed to find out why.

Alanari was feeling somewhat playful that morning though, having long spotted the kobold skulking around to avoid the boisterous human. A smile tugging at his lips, he allowed the shadows to dance across his form as he snuck up behind the lizard. He would have to be quick but still, he'd long learned that his race had far better senses then others gave them credit for.

Leaning forward, breath as still as he could make it, the elf suddenly whispered next to Mot's audial canals. "Are we waiting on something?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1

Even though she was tired, Rachel spent a few minutes after she got home noting down the details of the evening's strangeness: The dream they had apparently all shared a version of, the strange sense she seemed to have developed (and she thought that the others might have too), the destination they had planned- and, of course, the names of her compatriots in this mad venture.

With any luck, this might be the basis for a song someday, or perhaps a heroic tale like in the many books she had read. Or, more likely, someone years from now would take it as the first ravings of a madwoman... Only time would tell. At the very least, it might be enough to jog her memory, if the strange malady got hold of her mind once more.

She was up early- while she rarely needed a full night's sleep, she would not have slept late TODAY in any case. There was a mystery to be unraveled. She packed carefully- her scribe's kit, a few odds and ends- and her healer's kit. She had to assume they would face danger. On the way out the door she picked up her crossbow, which she hardly ever carried- just in case.

And then she made her way into town, only to find that most of the others were already there...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Yipe!!!" The kobold screeches at the elf's prank. Mot was two feet into the earth in a shower of dirt and detritus before looking back to see the amused swordsman. "Not funny." the small creature sulks.

With a shake to dislodge the clingy soil Mot scampers into the clearing to join the Big Folk already there, not turning to see if the elf follows.

"Mot here." Mot says redundantly.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

With a wry chuckle he lifted up from the crouch, brushing off a stray leaf dislodge from Mot's impressive leaping. They werr about to attempt something very dangerous today, so what better way to help ease tensions then with a bit of fun?

A pleasent smile on his face he followed along behind, tossing a silent wave of his hand durring his approach.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"Mot, it is good to see you," Yarl says in friendly way. "Alanari, it is good to see you as well," he adds in an equally friendly manner. "I see young Rachel is coming up the road over yonder. That just leaves Reva. I hope she hasn't gone into the woods alone ahead of us."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Excited!

When Thadd awoke he was not surprised at all to have the same dream as before but this time he awoke unconfused, aware of its role in the grander scheme. It was the call to action for he and his teammates. The impetus that would set them upon the road to greatness. He donned his armor in record time, no even giving it its daily shining, grabbed his sword, grabbed the pack he packed up before bed, woofed down a chunk of his mother's secret recipe sourdough bread and dashed out the door towards their meeting spot.

Thadd the Great paced as he awaited his comrades. "This is the day," he murmured to himself repeatedly. "The day the epic begins...."

As his allies began to arrive he was so excited he couldn't contain his theme music, which had shifted into a more epic tone and was considerably louder than usual.

"Hello, fellow brave adventurers! And scared lizard-thing!" he called to them in a voice too loud for this time of morning as they arrived. "Once the huntress has arrived I will lead us on what is sure to be an epic adventure. We will uncover the truth behind the foulness that has overtaken our fair town and drive it back to dark depths where it came from! HUZZAH!"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Reva adjusted her backpack as she headed out, packing only a bedroll, some cooking tools and water (figuring she could always hunt and prepare game if it came to that, but doubted they'd be afield that long), along with a knife and her bow and arrows (which she is almost never without).

She noted that Yarl brought his clockwork dog Fido along.

And where was that music coming from ?

"I gather everyone is ready to trek into the unknown ?" she asked.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1
Prof Weird wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:24 am
"I gather everyone is ready to trek into the unknown ?" she asked.
Rachel folded back the hood of her cloak and looked around at the assembled group. "Well, it certainly seems as if we are prepared for such a trek. As to whether or not we area actually ready for it, there is only one way to find out...:

She lifted up her walking stick and pointed towards the woods. "Onwards, shall we?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"No reason to delay," he says. "Let's set off."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Uhh... Mot thinks Mot left the fire going in Mot's burrow-den. Mot will just go and check that." the cowardly Kobold says making to turn and walk back toward town proper.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Leading!

Thadd smiles as he grabs the little kobold by the scruff of the neck, turns him around and points him towards the direction of the tower. "Ah, it will be alright my fine, cowardly lizard thing," he said in a comforting manner. "that fire surely cannot be burning as hot as the burning desire for adventure in the hearts of your allies! And should your hovel burn down, it is but a small price to pay for the glory that awaits us!"

He motioned to the rest of the party to fall in behind he and Mot, who he reached down gently pushed along. "Now that our great huntress has joined us, let us begin our quest to rid the town of this haze. Ever forward!"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Eep!" Mot squeeks as the small creature is turned to a certain doom but makes no more protests or attempts to extricate Motself. Mot keeps a hood down to shield from the over-bright sun squinting sensitive dark-bourne eyes in photonic misery.
Camus

The Forest

Post by Camus »

The five "brave adventurers" and the "lizard-thing", as Thadd has baptized the group, trail along the pebble path that leads to the forest. This is a path Reva and Mot have walked many times, even Yarl has ventured close to the edge to get some timber for the furnace. Alanari has patrolled the road a few times, but Thadd and Rachel have rarely walked it, at least not recently. For them, it is quite an enjoyable walk, oblivious of the many dangers of the woods, as the rest are. They can delight on the sights and smells, without thinking there is a cougar on a branch waiting for prey, or a poisonous spider nesting underneath the flowers. How fortunate for them that there are other, more wilderness-savvy, people in their group.
The pebbles are soon replaced by packed dirt. Thousands of steps over decades on these roads have prevented the forest from claiming the path. Much for Mot’s comfort, the trees in the deeper part of the woods that you are now transiting are quite large and provide abundant shade. As the vegetation grows thicker at the sides, so does the sounds of fauna hidden among the undergrowth.

OOC: Those with survival skill please make a roll. Everyone roll perception.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ