The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Daze: The Tower

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

The elf flips down from a higher perch, leaving the shadows behind to flutter freely as it disipates in an absent wind. "I can not say personally. My master and I only came to your vilage a few years prior. We came here before... I think. Yet I can't remember what it looked like at the time... The entrance is unstable, but there is another way in. There."

His eye flashes as he points to the hole a few meters off the ground. It shouldn't be too much trouble to climb up and within, he imagined.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"I will help people up there if they need it. Not sure Fido can get up there, though."
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

The hole itself is meters tall, meaning that piggybacking wouldn't get people high enough. It is clear that some sort of climbing contraption needs to be employed. As Yarl foresees, Fido wouldn't be able to climb a rope, for example.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition- normal

Rachel looked up at the hole in the side of the tower for a few long moments. While she didn't doubt that some of her more agile companions could make it up there, she had less confidence that she would make it. Most of her climbing involved ladders, not sheer stone.

"Perhaps someone could climb up, and see if the floor is safe- or if there is someplace to anchor a rope. Surely one of you has rope?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"I have rope. A crowbar too, if that helps," he says.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Mot see if there is something to tie rope to." Mot takes the proffered rope in reptilian teeth and Mot's blunt claws find easy purchase as the small-framed kobold starts the climb. Eyes accustomed to dark have no problems away from the torches.

Mot will try to find something sturdy to secure the rope to first and then give thought to how they can bring Fido up.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

The stone wall, degraded as it is, offers no complications to Mot, who climbs up, fitting his tiny claws in the crevices between cut stones. He advances quickly, making it to the top of the hole in no time. He then proceeds to tie the rope to one of the beams of wood that stick out, and throwing it down. As the rope hits the ground, Mot feels a vibration under his feet, before loosing his footing. Quickly, he jumps to the rope, as the wall crumbles and the worn stones dislodge, falling down! His hands are not able to grab strongly enough, and he slides quickly to a painful fall.
Those on the ground don't make such details of Mot's acrobatics, being too distracted with lethal falling stones!

Mot realizes the danger and saves from falling outright with a good perception roll (25). However he does not manage to avoid falling altogether, as he cant grip the rope strong enough. He can make a DC 15 dodge save or take DC 20 damage. If he makes the save, damage DC is 14. Those on the ground make a dodge DC 18 to avoid the falling stones. If you fail you take DC 23 damage. If you save, damage DC is reduced to DC 10. Note that I have made decisions on damage reductions that are arbitrary because I think it better reflects the type of hazard you are facing.
Last edited by Camus on Thu May 09, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

// He has Wall-crawling as a racial power, do you need a climb check?
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl
HP: 1; Condition: Damned Lucky; Fido Condition: 1 wound
Dodge; Tough: 1d20+4 9 1d20+6 7 Spending a hero point on the toughness save
Second Tough: 1d20+6 14 = 24 thankfully
Fido: Dodge; Tough: 1d20+5 13 1d20+4 20

Yarl watches the building crumble around him. "Mot!!" Fido lets out a yelp as a section of the building slams into him
Flynnarrel

Re: The Tower

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot
HP: 2>1
CND: Motley
Camus wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:00 pm Mot realizes the danger and saves from falling outright with a good perception roll (25). However he does not manage to avoid falling altogether, as he cant grip the rope strong enough. He can make a DC 15 dodge save or take DC 20 damage. If he makes the save, damage DC is 14.
A high-pitched YIP comes from Mot's throat as the kobold falls.
Dodge: 1d20+7 8 bad time for a 1
Acrobatics: 1d20+10 22 reduces falling by 4 degrees so DC16 damage
toughness: 1d20+3 6 Failed by 10 so -1 Toughness and Staggered, uhg
I'm assuming since this is gritty realism and not superheroes you'd use the Lasting Injuries rules rather than the normal Recovery ones. Since I'd rather not slow down the adventuring group like that:
HP reroll toughness reroll: 1d20+3 8 +10 is 18
The agile Mot rolls on impact by pure instinct and lays sprawling on the jagged debris, afraid to move for fear of injury.

"Mot's legs are broke aren't they? And Mot's spleen is dislocated, isn't it? Oh, poor spleen." Mot says piteously.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : bruised (-1 Tou checks)
Dodge check vs DC18: 1d20+5 18
Tou check vs DC10: 1d20+5 22
It seemed the castle was far older (and more decrepit) than she first suspected. This much decay was more in line with many decades, not mere years !

Fortunately, her reflexes were up to the task, enabling her to evade the impromptu avalanche.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Dodging!

"Look out little lizard thing!" Thadd shouted a second too late. I KNEW I should have gone first! he thought, now feeling guilty about not leading from the front. I would have...

His thoughts were cut short as they rock began to tumble down on he and his allies.
+2 to dodge...this ain't good.

Holy crap! Dodging: 1d20+2 19

He IS Great! :shock:

DC10 TC...Toughness Check: 1d20+8 28

Way to waste a 20... :(

The rocks tumbled all around him, but he danced around them like a a ray of golden sunlight bouncing off a clear pond, his theme music shifting to reflect his nimbleness.

"Hold fast, dear Mot! Your leader is coming!" he said racing to the fallen Kobold to give encouragement. Surely his words would have the little creature ready for greatness in no time.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2 (1); LP: 1; Condition: bruised (-1)

Rachel looked up, her eyes wide with surprise as the tower wall started to collapse. One stone was headed right for her upturned face, but at the last second she started to duck and the projectile struck the leather-lined robe on her shoulder instead.it hurt, but only a little- though she knew it would leave an ugly bruise...

>OOC:
-Dodge 1d20+5= 8
-Toughness (DC !0/23): !d20+5= 22
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/725513
-HP Reroll, Dodge DC 18, 1d20+5= 16; roll https://orokos.com/roll/725514
(Of course, the way HP Rerolls work, I could only fail on a 1, 2, 11, or 12- rolled an 11)
-So, missed the Dodge, then missed the higher DC Toughness by 1- 1 bruise/-1
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~
Dodge: 5
Toughness: 21 Not too bad, considering...
"Ah." The elf says mutely, as a large junk of rock hits him square in the face. It knocks him back along with leaving a nasty looking gash, yet he seems fine enough. Though didn't he have two eyes?

Alanari sighs. "Oh, not again... Excuse me, has someone seen my eye? It seems to have been knocked loose in the collapse..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

After the section of the wall crumbled, the party is disgregated among the derbies. Although a bigger hole now exists, and Mots rope is still secured to the wooden beam, they are all down there and the entrance is up there.
What would our courageous adventurers try next?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ