The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Daze: The Dream

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

The elf continued his approach, closing up another thirty feet closer to where the last shadowy apparition remained. In that time he had already swiftly drew a bolt from somewhere on his person and reloaded his hidden weapon. With careful aim and care, he fired it again.
Attack: 23 DC20 Perception; DC 18 Toughness
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 2, Condition: Normal

Yarl adjusts his grip a different way this time. That time he was sure it was at least close to the shadow.
Warhammer DC 22 (crit 19-20): 1d20+3 13

Fido also bites at the shadow. Not necessary the moving shadow, but at a shadow nonetheless.
Bite DC 20: 1d20+5 8
Camus

The shadows

Post by Camus »

The remaining creature disintegrates under the combined effort of the party.
As the hearts stop racing, and the battle subsides, our heroes are left panting at the scare and the effort, but no worse to wear. The natural noise of the forest returns, crickets being the bravest and resuming their mating calls seconds after the last shadow fell. Rachel notices the shadows have left behind some dark shadowy material. At touch it feels cold, like if she was handling a bag full of cold river water. The substance is slippery and falls from her hands easily, if she wants to take it with her she needs some sort of water-tight container.
Shall the heroes continue forth? Of course they shall, that is why they are heroes. Warned by the attack they are more careful, and can spot the shadowy creatures and evade them before they notice them. The company dodges 4 groups of shadows in their approach, taking off to the side of the main track. Their incursions in the thick vegetation during the night are not pleasant, but less deadly than packs of undead spirits.
The winding road finally comes to an end in a clearing. Moonlight shines strong tonight, and illuminates the clearing upon which rests the old abandoned tower. This image triggers memories of your dream, the image is exactly as you saw it last night. It was so stunningly exact that you have a brief de ja vu.
What now?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition- normal

"Well that was remarkably unpleasant," Rachel huffed once the creatures were dispatched.

"I don't suppose anyone has a flask or empty waterskin or something..." she added once she had examined the residue of the shadows.

Once they were ready to continue, she recovered the staff she had dropped and followed along.

>OOC: If anyone has an empty container, she will collect some of the shadow-stuff. AAt this point she doesn't want it enough to empty her own waterskin...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Triumphant!!!

As the shadows lay dissipating around them, Thadd fought off the desire to shout HUZZAH!!! at the top of his lungs for their rout of their foes. The leader of the soon to be most well renowned adventuring party in the land should EXPECT to win. Still, a muttered "Huzzah" crept from his lips before he could stop it.

"I am sorry wench Tapperly," he replied to Rachel. "My waterskin is for water or wine only. Well, perhaps ale. Or some magical elixirs once we come across those. But not for shadow wisps. Now, let us continue on our way!"

Once they made their way to the tower, he looked over the group and with even more confidence than usual, he spoke to the group.

"This is it, my compatriots. This is where we truly start our path to greatness. Let us enter this tower as we did in our dreams and find out what lies within. Yarl and the mongrel will enter with me, Mot and Wench Tapperly, follow us closely, Dirty Huntress and Al...Ala...uh...Al, you cover us from the rear.

EVER FORWARD!"
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

Yarl whispers out the side of his mouth to anyone standing nearby. "Did he call Fido a mongrel?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

Alanari kindly dumps out his own water for the sake of helping the beautiful woman in the shadowy acquisition.He does not even wait for a thank you, simply flashing a lopsided smile while passing it off to her hands before moving to accompany the boisterous human more closely. It's for this reason he's able to grasp his shoulder before he made his brave charge forward.

"If I may interject, 'O brave and respectful lord of mine," He tries not to laugh. " My skills are much better suited for scouting and close combat. Perhaps I move forward ahead first?"
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"Also, I suspect he can see better in the dark then either of us, Thadd," Yarl says.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“Mot also scout good.” Mot volunteers. The farther Mot was away from the clunky Big Folk the safer Mot reckoned Mot’d be.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : -1 Tou
jmucchiello wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:32 am Yarl Bloodworth

Yarl whispers out the side of his mouth to anyone standing nearby. "Did he call Fido a mongrel?"
Reva looked at the mechanical dog.

"Yes. Yes he did." she replied quietly to Yarl. "I'm not even sure he knows my or Rachel's NAMES. He keeps referring to us as 'dirty huntress' and 'wench Tapperly ' !"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition- normal

Rachel accepted the waterskin without even looking up to see who had offered it, fascinated by the odd substance. With a little careful work she was able to collect a reasonable amount to study later- but by the time she finished Thadd had started to lead the others away, and she had to hurry to catch up. Now would NOT be a good time to be left behind...
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Great!

Hmmmm…, Thadd the Great pondered. It seems there is some concern with my directives. Admittedly, my teammates make some good points, but what kind of leader lets his orders go unfollowed?

Can the body survive without listening to the head?

But does not a great leader listen to his charges?

Does a bit of humility often serve as a salve to the anxious soul of those that may not be prepared for greatness?

And most importantly, might I have been hasty in wanting to be in the front of the order when we don’t know what we’re facing?...

So obviously…

“Al and Yarl,” he said, “I appreciate the input, truly. Part of leading is knowing when to follow. Thus I will lead from behind Al and our fine lizard thing Mot. Scout ahead and advise of us any potential dangers. Wench Tapperly and I will go next, then the huntress, Yarl and his dog will follow. Proceed at your pleasure.”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

"By your leave~ Come, little dragon. We best not keep those secrets hidden for long, Hm?" Alanari says, his arcane eye twinkling with a mirthful light.

When he starts to move forward, his hands make as if to grab the hood of a nonexistent cloak. When he throws them over his head, the shadows are pulled over top of him to hide his presence. There is no pause in his step as Alanari makes for a stealthed approach, eyes and ears alert for things dangerous or interesting. Perhaps even both.

Stealth: 13
Perception: 23
Rerolled stealth: 18+10
------------
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

Meandering the finally meters that separate them from their goal, Alanari and Mot lead the march, with the others following close behind. Alanari is not able to find anything amiss, or any reason to halt the march. The old tower is, under the moonlight, an imposing sight. The cracks and spaces between the cut stone that make the exterior wall are overgrown with thick moss and vegetation, the structural wooden beams rotten and infested by wasps, the roof collapsed, all adding to the mystical sensation you get when placing your eyes over the long forgotten tower.
And then it triggers.
When you blink, your eyes open to a new reality. The tower was suddenly pristine, the cut stone perfect, aligned and smooth, white and immaculate. The roof's tiles were so clean that the sunlight (wasn't it midnight a blink ago?) created glittering reflections. The vision, however, ends as you blink again. Back in the humid night, in front of the overrun and spooky tower.

After recuperating from the initial shock, you see the entrance is blocked by debris, a beam and stones have collapsed blocking it completely.
The elven guard spots an alternative entrance to the tower, a hole made by time, as the structure couldn't hold together, two men from the ground level. The hole is big enough even for the bulky Yarl.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Prof Weird

Re: The Daze: The Tower

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : -1 Tou

Reva blinked a few times to sort out the images.

"That image of the tower, during the day. I guess that was what it used to look like. Years ago." she noted to herself.

She noticed what it looked like now - the object of nature's relentless talent for overrunning everything. Not even stone could endure against rain and vegetation forever. Nature eventually wins, but the victory is usually slow.

"If that glimpse was what the tower used to look like, how long have we been affected by that daze ?" she asked whoever was closest, "Going by the amount of over growth, a few years ? Does anybody even remember the tower ever looking intact ?"