The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Daze: The Dream

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"He's frightened," he says. 'The gods only know what would frighten a forest troll. Don't do anything threatening." Yarl rests his hammerhead on the ground, the shaft loosely in his hand.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 2
Condition : cautious

Reva wasn't sure what to do - attacking a creature that wasn't a threat at the moment could MAKE it one. And a troll is not something to annoy without a good reason (and a lot of power at your disposal).

"Do you understand Common ?" she asks the troll, while preparing to act.
ooc : she's just readying an attack, in case something else shows up.
Camus

The troll

Post by Camus »

Confusion seems to be contagious, as the troll itself seems unsure of what to do. He stares blankly at Reva. He grunts, snorts, puffs, balances his weight from one side to the other, casting some nasty looks at Thadd. Eventually, he gives a few steps back, and turns to head across the path, casting one glance at the group after another.

OOC: The troll uses his turn to complain, and then one move action to get into the woods on the other side of the path from where he came.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"Let's just give him a minute," he whispers.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"How smart are trolls?" Mot asks in an overly loud whisper.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

"Well... If he doesn't try to hurt us, then I'm certainly not about to try hurting him." The elf comments, both wary of combat with such a dangerous, and potentially innocent foe. He does however focus his new sight upon the beast, curious to if this magical cloud hangs over it's head too.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

The troll

Post by Camus »

Upon inspection, Alanari makes the worrying discovery that the troll is indeed under the effect of the Daze. The shadowy tendrils coil around him as they do on the townsfolk of Solmir.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

The Forest

Post by Camus »

The shape of the troll seems to quickly dissolve among the vegetation, and soon enough you have lost sight of the beast. It wasnt surprising that it got the jump on you earlier, his natural camouflage was a marvelous thing indeed.
As the hearts stopped beating hard in your chests, your minds urged you to continue your quest, ad if they didn't, Thadd would quickly remind you of your godsent mission. You continue for a few more hours before stopping to have a midday snack. A fallen tree becomes an improvised seat, and the group can refill up energies to continue.
The path ahead soon becomes more narrow as the group enters deeper into Umbrasol after lunch. A weed there, a flower here, the packed dirt starts to cede terrain to the forest, which looks to reclaim that leg of soil. Still, the hard dirt remains comfortable to walk on for the most part. The time seems to have flown quickly, and soon the shadows of the trees stretch and distort, as the sun began its descent. The night critters skitter out of their daytime hideouts to chirp and sing. Fireflies begin to glow ethereally at the darker spots in the undergrowth.

Everyone remembers the tower must be an hour away still. In your youth, you came to the tower on the warm and long summer months, meaning there was abundant daylight. But today the shorter days meant that you would get to the tower at night. Alternatively you could decide to camp for the night and explore the tower in the morning.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP:2 Condition: Normal

"Seems the tower is further away than I remember." He says. "Perhaps we make camp. Soon it will be hard to see our own noses."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

~~~~~~~~

"Hmm~?" Alanari chimes in, his right eye now only a subtle glow in the darkness. There's a smile on his crooked lips as he looks around the darkening forrest, it's shadows seeming to stretch over his body. From what can be seen of him, there's not an ounce of fatigue to be seen.

"I can still see the forest quite clearly still myself. Elven superiority to the rescue perhaps" He proposes, without an ounce of actual seriousness if his laugh is to he judged by. "Nightime is where I operate best myself. If a rest is what you all wish, allow me to perform my nightly duties for our little group. I could also scout ahead while another takes my place. You wouldn't need worry too much, I'm quite adapt at camouflage myself."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Mot also dislike bright day. Works nights." the kobold says seeming to finally relax as the day fades. "Press on?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 2, Condition: Kinda blind

"Well, the humans among us can't see in the dark," he says. "I suppose we could light some torches. Do we have torches?"
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Justified

As the troll shuffled off, Thadd gave it a nod acknowledging that it made a wise decision in not confronting his party. Now as darkness approaches he realized that while they were making good progress towards their destination, no battles meant no glorious tales. Perhaps fiends preferred the dark...

“Thank you all for your input,” he said. “It’s important that, as your leader, I consider all of your opinions before I make a decision. After taking everything into account, I say we press on. Destiny doesn’t wait for daylight!”

“Al...um...Al! Take point and someone light a torch. Ever forward!” He said as he took off towards the tower.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

~~~~~~~~

"By your leave, my lordship~" Speaks Alanari, in the midst of an overexagerated bow. The shadows seem to swallow him whole as he rises and departs, on a rustle of leaves being his remaining indicator to the group of humans. Once the party get's moving again, he sticks about a hundred feet ahead while moving as silently as possible, eyes and ears on high alert for danger.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Less obviously, Mot also shuffles a ways into the woods with the thinking that anything dangerous would be attracted to the torch and the noisy Big Folk.

Mot will be 50 ft ahead of the party, quiet and alert.