For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Daze: The Dream

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 2 Condition: normal
Yarl: Perception: 1d20+5 17
Fido: Perception: 1d20+3 19

"Keep a sharp lookout for danger," Yarl says. "These woods are dangerous to the unobservant."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1

There was something different about walking out into the depths of the forest in the company of well-armed and (mostly) serious people, as compared to venturing into the edge of the woods to hunt down some herbs, or walking along the edge of the fields.

And there was something VERY different about actually going out into the dark woods on a REAL adventure, chasing a REAL mystery, rather than reading or singing about such an adventure.

Despite the unfamiliar weight of a full pack, Rachel stepped lightly, as if in a hurry to get out there...

Despite her eagerness, her senses (perhaps sharpened by her meager dose of elven blood) were sharp.

>OOC:
-Perception 1d20+5= 19, roll https://orokos.com/roll/712459
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot
HP: 2

With the bright sun up Mot supplements vision with frequent sniffs of the air to hopefully scent what kind of monster or large animal was about to devour Mot.
Perception 1d20+9 17
"Something pithy this way comes."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Reva kept a practiced eye on the Umbrasol forest around her. Since most folk kept away, there was abundant game here. But since most folk kept away, predators that ate abundant game (and folk) were also here.
Wilderness survival roll : 1d20+5 = 22
Perception roll : 1d20+6 = 14
Last edited by Prof Weird on Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
~~~~~~~~

Unlike his more prepared compatriots, all he had on his person were the bare essentials for living out in the wild for a few days. Being an elf, he never really did actually sleep, simple meditation all he ever really experienced. Even then, it still wasn't strictly necessary either. As such, there were no bedrolls or blankets, such items of comfort being wholly unrequired. Instead there was the canteen at his hips, an old ratty backpack filled with enough preserved foods to last at least a week, and a spare change of clothes. At the bottom of his bag was a tin case filled with grooming supplies, a joke gift given to him years ago by his master. Never once did he open the thing, but by now it's become something of a good-luck charm.

Though he tried to keep his eyes alert for danger, traveling through the woods was still a fairly unfamiliar experience. Every little thing was holding his distraction more then he cared to admit. Did his ancestors really pride themselves so much, living amongst all this nature? It was such an oddly foreign concept to the born city-elf. Poor as though it may have been, Alanari just couldn't picture himself longterm without the comfort of a roof over his head.
Perception: 12
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Leading!
Hmmmm...I'm going to have to lower his Perception. It would be funnier if he never saw things...

Perception check: 1d20+7 22
"Isn't this glorious?!?!?" Thadd said to the group as they trekked through the forest. "A beautiful day...the majesty of nature all around us...Six fast friends traveling to face a great evil...surrounded by woods where a great beast could come attack us at any moment...what could be better?"
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Camus

The Forest beasts

Post by Camus »

It was only Reva and Thadd that noticed the creature. The huntress felt the sound and knew the smell. Thadd was only lucky to have spotted it before it came out of its hiding place and into the clearing.

With grinding sounds of that of cracking wood, the forest troll came into sight suddenly.

Roll initiatives! The troll rolled a 10, feel free to act if you beat that. Those who didnt beat the perception 20 DC are surprised and unable to act on their first turn, except Reva who rolled high enough in survival. Those surprised can narrate your surprise, and also make knowledge rolls. Reva knows the following from her roll:
Forest trolls are usually not very aggressive, preferring game rather than humanoids. These are the most nature-oriented of the trolls, some even able to command some form of druidic magic. They mimic with the trees and moss-covered rocks, and are very hard to spot, despite their size, well above 3 meters tall. As all trolls they are very strong and resilient.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot
HP:2
init: 1d20+6 23
"Ack! Don't hurt!" Mot says looking for a place to hide but ends up just going around in a circle a few times.

It's unclear whether he's talking to the monster about him or to his companions about the troll.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 2; LP: 1

Rachel stopped suddenly as the massive creature moved out into the path in front of them. Her eyes widened and she drew in a sharp breath- her staff clattered to the ground as it slipped from her hand. "Goodness me... A forest troll, I shouldn't think. Rather... rather a bit larger than the pictures in the book led me to believe..."

>OOC:
-Surprised. Using Well-informed to see what she might know, as well as Expertise (mythology/folklore) to see what fanciful tales of trolls she has heard.
-Well- informed (Investigation) 1d20+8= 20 (Should be good enough to get Forest Troll, I think)
-Expertise (mythology/folklore) 1d20+6= 12 (probably not much there- mostly thinks of trolls with bridges?)
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/713185

-Initiative (for post-surprise) 1d20+2= 15; roll https://orokos.com/roll/713189
Camus

Forest trolls

Post by Camus »

Rachel's brain quickly doses her with abundant information on forest trolls. Many stories tell of how these creatures remain still against a tree, to pass undetected. She recalls one tale of a hunting party that spent hours searching for a particularly aggressive troll that was just standing next to the tree the party was using to hang their clothes in the camp. That makes them specially scary, but in most of the stories, that strategy was used as an escape method by the trolls, and not a hunting tactic. Whether this is the case or not, it remains to be seen. The troubling idea arising from this information though, is what might scare off a 3 meters tall brute. Rachel also recalls that these creatures are nearsighted, their eyesight only reliable in the few meters around them. Despite that they have a superb sense of smell.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 2; Condition: Surprised
Int check; Initiative check: 1d20+6 26 1d20+2 21

"It's definitely a forest troll," Yarl says. "Beware, he's probably stronger than he looks. And yes, I know he looks damned strong. Fido stay back. He might not attack."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 2
Condition : intrigued, normal

Reva looked at the gigantic creature striding out of the woods - a forest troll.

"This is unusual !" she stated to the others, "Forest trolls rarely make themselves known. Must be something odd going on somewhere."
ooc
Initiative Roll: 1d20+7 17
Thinking it best to be ready for anything, she focuses for a moment to activate Accelerato and forest attunement (Favored Environment : Woodlands. Has +2 to attack or Defend while in woodlands. Set for +2 Defenses for now)
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Preparing for glory!
Initiative: 1d20+6 21
A forest troll! Thadd the Great thought as the giant being made its appearance. Now THIS is how an epic tale should start! The virtuous party, on their way to rid the unsuspecting townspeople of the evil haze that haunts them is beset by a vicious beast that they must do battle with and slay in order to make it to their destination.

Just as he was about to shout "HAVE AT THEE!" he paused for a second. Alas, this, poor simple creature has no idea it is but a stepping stone on my path to epicness. I suppose I should at least give it a chance to surrender before I smite it. It is what a truly noble hero would do, I would think.

"Hold monster!" Thadd the Great said, raising his hand to halt the troll. "Behold, you are in the presence of Thadd the Great of Solmir, epic hero in the making! I urge you to consider your actions carefully as it not just we intrepid adventurers that stand before you, but a favored scion of destiny herself! I give you this chance to hold and let us pass without incident or become but the first of many foes to fall before our might as begin our journey to greatness! What say you?!?!?!"
Natural 1! Perfect! He's working just like I'd hoped! Still, not a bad score...

Persuasion check: 1d20+12 13
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
~~~~~~~~
Initiative: 13
His eyes go wide at the sight. "Oh, well, can't say I've ever had to fight one of these before..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

The troll

Post by Camus »

Yarl can read on the creature's movement and behaviour that of a frightened creature, that f a desperate runaway. He can also predict that it wont understand common. And would probably react poorly to threats. Or what it might think is a threat, like a boisterous metal clad man who shouts at him. The troll frowns at Thadd and growls.

OOC: Thadd had the heart in the right place, but rolled poorly. Reva still has an action before the troll.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ