The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: The Daze: The Dream

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:41 pm
Turning toward Rachel, his expression having become strained. "I think I'd prefer a mug after all."
Rachel stood stock still for a moment, the serving tray balanced on one hand. She closed her eyes, and took a deep breath as the wave of sensation rushed through her mind. It was, in its own way, quite similar to the odd feeling she had gotten the first time Flynn showed her the 'trick' that let her read anything. It was, obviously, some sort of magic, though far more expansive- a broad lake as compared to a mud puddle.

That helped her adjust, or she likely would have collapsed where she stood- or at least, she would have dropped her tray. But at the end of her breath, she opened her eyes again- and it felt like opening an entirely new set of eyes for the very first time. She spoke softly, but her voice was calm and resolute. "I think, perhaps, that we may, all of US, need a mug. I'll gather those and be right back." Then she turned to make her way back towards the kitchens...
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot frowns waiting for the music surrounding the Shiny Man to lower after the swell of his dramatic proclamation and looks to the assembled group.

"We aren't... all thinking to go to scary tower are we? Does any even know where to look for it? Mot does not." Mot adds quickly.

"And... and... Mot has rats to catch. Yes. Can't go."
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"I'm not too keen on finding a spooky tower either, Mot," he says. "But do you feel a nagging in your mind? Like a veil from your eyes has been lifted. Something is going on and apparent only we can sense it. We can't leave the good people of this village in the dark. Can we?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

"I should be stopping you," Alanari speaks, sitting back in his seat. His right hand, nails chopped and blackened underneath, cusped his chin to help cover the uncertainty of his face. This didn't stop the way his brows creased or the faint flash of light from his enchanted eye. "Going into the forest is dangerous. Or at least that's what I'd always thought. ...No, it's certainly still dangerous. I just no longer feel hindered by the thought of going in, or keeping others out. Is there something magical amiss here?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

jmucchiello wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:06 pm Yarl Bloodworth

"I'm not too keen on finding a spooky tower either, Mot," he says. "But do you feel a nagging in your mind? Like a veil from your eyes has been lifted. Something is going on and apparent only we can sense it. We can't leave the good people of this village in the dark. Can we?"
"Would it help if Mot said 'No'?" Mot asks, clearly uncomfortable. "The village people are happy not knowing, right? What if we cause bigger problem or release something bad?"
Camus

The Daze

Post by Camus »

The elven guardsman takes a casual look around, trying to focus that... Sensation he has that he could see something hidden, if he tried. And indeed he did. He could see it, or actually feel it, like when you feel you got a cold, you know something is not right. Alanari could sense everyone at the inn was affected by this dazed state of mine. Most of them were completely under its influence, while others seemed to not be as affected. Looking at the group seated at the table, he can feel they are mostly untouched, but the daze is there alright, just weak.

Rachel makes her way to the kitchen to fetch the drinks, and gets an odd look from his cousin. As she focuses on him she can see the daze completely affecting him. He serves the pints and hand them to Rachel I'm her state of shock.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

"No." His voice rang clear and abrupt, not a moment of hesitation at all. That false eye flashed all the more brightly as determination filled his very being. "I can't let this injustice stand. These people deserve to have their minds freed of this curse like we have. It clings to these people like a fog, obscuring them in a way I just can't describe. Whoever has done this needs to be stopped, if only for their sake if not ours."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:09 am "Would it help if Mot said 'No'?" Mot asks, clearly uncomfortable. "The village people are happy not knowing, right? What if we cause bigger problem or release something bad?"
"There is that risk, Mot," he says. "But there's also the risk that by inaction, something worse happens. I prefer to seize destiny rather than give in to fate. And it seems Alanari feels the same way."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot frowns. "Usually it's Mot who gets seized." This small kobold's hands form into a chomping maw that hinge at the wrists to open and close menacingly
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Reva tried to focus through the haze that she just now noticed existed.

"This is some pretty powerful magic." she stated to the group, "Seems like something someone would use to keep folk away - either from something dangerous. Or valuable ! But I agree with Yarl - if the effect is this bad now, what happens if it gets worse ? Or covers more area ? Can you imagine the whole world under this effect ?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly

Rachel made her way (carefully) back to the table- the fully-loaded tray was almost more than she could handle, but luckily she had a lot of practice. As she passed out the orders of food and drink, she took a moment to look around the room. Nearly everyone she could see was cloaked, as if in a faintly glowing mist- some lightly veiled, others almost fully obscured. It was, to say the least, odd- and rather troubling...

Only those around the table seemed untouched. "It seems like quite a mystery," she said, her voice just loud enough for the others to hear, and not carrying through the louder tavern. "I'd say we ought to look into it- it might spread, as the huntress said. And while we are free of it for now, who knows how long we will STAY free of it- for I'd say we were all just as caught up as all the rest, and who knows what pulled the blinders from us."

"Perhaps come the morning, we ought to look a bit further afield, towards that old tower we seem to have dreamed of. I would swear, now that my head is clear, that I know it- it's a-ways out in the wood, and most of us who grew up here went out there when we were young and brave; we dared one another for days to work up the courage, then ran away as soon as we saw the place. And then we seem to have forgotten it once we grew a bit- until last night. I would bet you remember it, Yarl, Reva, if you thought back to your childhood. Those of you from Away might not have been, but I'd guess we could find it if we put our heads to it..."

>OOC: The last bit (about the tower) draws on the intro post in the recruiting/OOC thread where it mentions us going to the tower as children, and ties the two other who were definitely born in town. Let me know if I've misjudged and need to edit.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

He reflects on Rachel's word. "Now that you mention it, the tower had a look of familiarity. The old wizard's tower along what remains of the old north road through the forest. The place was spooky as a child, if I recall."
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 2
Condition : normal

Reva thought for a moment. "I do recall that tower in the forest. I - think I've seen it a few times when tracking down game years ago.
So, does that mean it was merely creepy years ago, and just recently started making everyone nearby addle-minded ?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"There is only one way to find out," he says. "Perhaps at daybreak we should all take a walk in the woods. We can meet at my smithy."
Camus

The Courageous

Post by Camus »

You all part ways from the Inn, having agreed on meeting each other at morrow. The Paladin states something about being your leader, and that he would gather you, but you pay him no attention; he had enjoyed one too many pints. You have time to make preparations, gather supplies and even tinker a bit with your equipment. Regardless of what you do, night calls and you fall asleep.
Perhaps not as surprisingly as yesterday, your night is troubling.
With your increased awareness of the Daze creeping everyone at Solmir, it also comes the dread. What is this thing? And why have you been spared? Millions of questions, and possible answers assail your night.

You wake up suddenly, fearing you would miss out the others, but its quite early. If you check your new ability on yourself, you would feel a little bit more affected by the Daze than yesterday, but barely. Today the sun comes out behind a heavy cloud cover. The air is damp with humidity, and people talk about the heavy rain of yesterday night, but you have no recollection of it. Regardless, the soil is slippery and muddy, but the refreshing air of the morning after the rain feels invigorating; despite the, you are sure, imminent danger, this whole thing has the smell of something exciting and intriguing. It makes your heart jump and your mouth grin. Haven't you felt like this before? Perhaps as a child.

Thadd the Great is standing alone on the spot you had agreed yesterday, walking up and down, and speaking to someone or something... Or is it with himself?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ