The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Daze: The Dream

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot is skeptical when strong smith admits to fear and agog when he suggests shiny man feels fear. Mog was so focused that when shiny man spoke right next to their table Mot squeeked in surprise.

"Mot!" was the only thing Mot said before scampering under the table. Mot reappears climbing up in the seat opposite. Mot tries to look casual about it as a diminutive scaly hand gesture to the recently vacated seat. "Uh... Please, sit." Mot says, really just wanting the human to stop towering over everyone. The free drink sounded nice too.

Mot regretted the decision as the scary One-eyed elf sauntered over. And others seemed to have shifted attention over too. Mot couldn't help glancing at the doors and windows, wondering which was closer if Mot had to make quick escapes.
"Something pithy this way comes."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
Prof Weird wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:15 am She noted that Rachel was here, along with Yarl the blacksmith, talking with that swaggering knight. And Granton's ward, the ratcatcher Mot.

"As requested, the extra game for tonight's dinner has been delivered."
she stated to Rachel, "Need anything else ?"
Rachel flashed the huntress a quick smile as she reached for the bag. "Not for now, though this is just in time. If you will find a seat somewhere, I'll get this back to the cooks, and let Uncle know to settle the payment for you. It was usual rates, but double order, wasn't it? With a bit extra for the rush?" Hefting the bag, she had to switch to carrying it in both hands. "Certainly feels like double weight..."

Struggling a bit with the weight of the game, Rachel half-carried and half dragged it as far as the bar, where her strapping young cousin took the bag to head back into the kitchens. A few whispered words with her uncle would settle Reva's tab despite his glower at the woman's entrance. Rachel did most of the accounting here and her uncle trusted her numbers, even if he didn't agree with her sometimes.

Rachel stood at the bar for another moment, looking out over the crowded room. Her gaze settled on the Yarl and the others gathered at their table- and she felt a sudden shock, so jarring that she drew in a sharp breath as some of the images from last night's dream rushed back into her mind. She knew there was more, something that she had forgotten- but this particular group of faces stood out plainly for just a moment, lit as clearly as if by a flash of lightning.

She stood still, her head down as she took another breath. Then she reached across the bar and picked up her serving tray. Making her way over to the mismatched group at their table, she cleared her throat and then flashed a brief smile. "So, is it just drinks for the lot of you then, or will you be wanting dinner as well?"
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Great!
jmucchiello wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:43 am Yarl Bloodworth

"Join me, Great Thadd. Your drinks are most welcome," Yarl said with as straight a face as he could muster. The young knight did give him a lot of business. "This is Mot. I do not believe he is actually a lizard, though. How is Eldorian? Have you witnessed any more of your mentor's great deeds of his since last we spoke?" Yarl couldn't help ask about the exploits of someone else just to see the face Thadd made.
Thadd the Great’s face sunk just a bit as he lamented his own lack of great deeds thus far. “’Seen? No, good smithy,” he replied. “He did regale me with tales of his battle against a creature known as a bearowl. Or was it owlbear? Or was it tigerowl? The details escape me at the moment. You’ll have to forgive me if I am less than my usual brilliance this eve, I did not sleep well last night. See…”

As he started to tell them about his dream…
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:02 am The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll

Shaking his head with a smile, he dismissed it all away as mere coincidence. Still, he couldn't help be drawn to the table.

"Acquaintances, M'lord?" He spoke, a teasing lilt to the title rather then something respectful. "I hope you're not planning on causing us much trouble this night."
“…Well good eve, sir.” What IS his name? Thadd pondered as name after name raced through his mind He’s an elven bounty hunter, I’ve met him before…Something with an “a”…Alistair? Alabaster?...Legolas? No matter…

“Trouble?!?” he replied, flashing his perfect smile. “Far from it unless you are in league with the forces of evil! And from what I know or your reputation sir Al…um…[mumbles something that sounds like alpaca…], you are not, so you may join us in celebration. Tonight is a night of providence for myself and those who would follow me on the path to greatness! For you see…”

And again, as he was about tell them about his dream…
pathfinderq1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:03 pm Rachel Tapperly

She stood still, her head down as she took another breath. Then she reached across the bar and picked up her serving tray. Making her way over to the mismatched group at their table, she cleared her throat and then flashed a brief smile. "So, is it just drinks for the lot of you then, or will you be wanting dinner as well?"
“…Good eve, dear bar wench!” Thadd said in a welcoming manner. He normally called the waitresses bar maidens but someone had recently told him that women preferred to be called wenches. And they were obviously correct as the person was so happy they were laughing so heartily when he agreed to do so in the future, it had to be the right thing to do. “Another round of drinks, including one for the bounty hunter here. And I, for one, will be requiring a hearty meal as I will soon be setting out on a great quest with a group of fellow adventurers, who I would ask that you keep an eye out for as I have a feeling that they should be arriving shortly.”

“For you see, last night…”

And then he regaled them with the recounting of his dream in great detail, although he had to fill in the blanks with his own interpretation of the events and the slightly altered versions of the others involved. Despite that and his addition of his goddess Therin appearing to him and telling him that this was meant for only him as his call to begin his glorious adventuring career, it would be easy enough for the rest to surmise that they had the same dream.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:18 pm Thadd the Great’s face sunk just a bit as he lamented his own lack of great deeds thus far. “’Seen? No, good smithy,” he replied. “He did regale me with tales of his battle against a creature known as a bearowl. Or was it owlbear? Or was it tigerowl? The details escape me at the moment. You’ll have to forgive me if I am less than my usual brilliance this eve, I did not sleep well last night. See…”
"There's a lot of that, it seems, around this table," Yarl says.
And then he regaled them with the recounting of his dream in great detail, although he had to fill in the blanks with his own interpretation of the events and the slightly altered versions of the others involved. Despite that and his addition of his goddess Therin appearing to him and telling him that this was meant for only him as his call to begin his glorious adventuring career, it would be easy enough for the rest to surmise that they had the same dream.
"Extraordinary," he says. "That is reminiscent of a dream that dogged me all last night as well. Though I remember not any half-orc or halfling in the dream. Earlier the details of the dream were hazy but now I remember it much better. I wonder what it all means."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

He smiles with mirth at the human's attempt at recalling his name. Alpaca was certainly a new one he thought, as his eyes were drawn by Rachel's approach. Well, so long as he was buying. "A hearty stew if you could, beef preferably if your stock still holds some. Water instead of a mug, I'm on duty this evening after all."

Having found himself sitting down proper by now, he listened to the human's tale with rapt attention. His eyebrows creased at some parts, while his lips tugged upwards at others.

"A brooding dark elf?" Alanari chuckled, "I'd have noticed if one of those were skulking around. I'm sure you must've also noticed, that this town is a bit lousy of adventures too. Still..."

Alanari's smile becamed more strained. "There is an odd familiarity to this dream of yours..."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Food?" Mot looks up hopefully to Mistress Rachel.

"Yes. Heaps please."
Mots hands measure out proportions impossibly large for Mots stomach to contain and the kobold nods excitedly.

Excitement wanes as Mot listens to the dream though.

"Tower bad. Shouldn't go to tower. Scary bad." Mot says shaken.
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : normal

Reva always liked working with competent people - they gave her jobs she could do that were an appropriate challenge. And they PAID well in a timely fashion.

She noted the inn was filling up, and so had to quickly get a seat at a table if she wanted one at all. That one with Yarl and Mot looked as good as any other.

She caught a few snippets of the conversations around her.

"All of them had a similar dream ? That became hard to remember ? How odd." she noted to herself.

"So everyone here had trouble sleeping because of a dream you can't remember as well ?" she asked the group gathering at the table.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"That appears to be the case," he says as he surveys the group. "I wonder who the sixth person is."
Camus

The Dream

Post by Camus »

Sometimes you are looking for a missing something, and you just can't remember where you put it. You search and look everywhere for this item, even under the bed, although you know you never even take it to the bedroom. You stand, frozen in indecision, as you slide your hand over your head. And then it hits you. Among a mist made of all the possible places, a beacon of light shines through, pushing the mist aside. And you remember.
Just like that you all remember your dreams, and you feel a weight being lifted from your backs. You are suddenly conscious of the fact that, like the mist of the morning, something that was obscuring your perception has rolled off the hills of your mind. Now you recognize the others from the dream unequivocally.
The sound of fanfare and loud conversation from the inn fades from perception to give place to your newfound revelation. And just as soon you feel the mist starting to creep back to your mind, slowly now, but steadily.

OOC: You all gain a HP for your outstanding RP! Also, you gain Senses: Acute Detect (The Daze). Ranged Mental sense. You can perceive the Daze, a mental effect, on others and yourself, and judge how affected the subject is.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot shakes a reptilian head to clear out the sensations. "Weirdness."
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 2; Status: Enlightened!

The fog from his mind had lifted. Everything from The Dream was now clear.

There would be no half-orc barbarian. No halfling thief. No elven wizard.

There was only…them. A scared lizard-thing? A dirty huntress? An even dirtier bounty hunter? A bookish bar wench? A blacksmith who probably never used any of his crafts?

Thadd was disillusioned for just a second and then it dawned on him.

The dream, this whole thing…It WAS a sign.

Finding success while surrounded by other highly skilled heroes would be easy. That’s no task for someone who had true greatness in them. He would lead this rabble to glory instead of a ready-made group of heroes. They needed him. THIS was a challenge worthy of an epic hero.

Thadd smiled as he looked at the others who shared his dream. He looked at them, really looked at them for the first time.

And they were beautiful.

His smile widened as he rose to his feet. “Fear not, my good Mot,” Thadd said as he stood up, raising his mug. “That tower holds no terrors for us. For this eve, you and these fine wenches and gentlemen, have been blessed with the fortune of being bound to, er, with me by this portent from the gods. This is but our first step on the road to greatness! Let us toast as a sign of our new partnership and begin our preparations for the great victory to come!”
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth
HP: 2, Condition: Jovial

"Oh, it's young Rachel," he says. "I'd invite you to sit down, but I know he--" he tilts his head toward the bar "-- frowns on that."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm His smile widened as he rose to his feet. “Fear not, my good Mot,” Thadd said as he stood up, raising his mug. “That tower holds no terrors for us. For this eve, you and these fine wenches and gentlemen, have been blessed with the fortune of being bound to, er, with me by this portent from the gods. This is but our first step on the road to greatness! Let us toast as a sign of our new partnership and begin our preparations for the great victory to come!”
"Ah, good, another round on the Great Thadd."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot leans over to Yarl with a loud whisper (that does nothing to dampen the high-pitched voice) and a look of uncertain trepidation on a reptile face, "Did Shiny Man hit his head or something?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"Now, now," he says. "The young man is just extremely exuberant, er, full of life."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 2
~~~~~~~~

For just a momment he was quiet, pensive. The sudden jolt through his brain had caught him completely off-guard. Contrary to what most people believed, he didn't know a thing about magic even as a High Elf. Yet there was denying that something mystical had just happened, perhaps even divine.

Turning toward Rachel, his expression having become strained. "I think I'd prefer a mug after all."

His eyes drifted past her, feeling something in the back of his heart shift. What was this odd sensation he now felt? Did the others feel it too?
May as well put it to some use. Actively trying to focus his new sense on the bar's other patrons.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."