The Daze: The Tower

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: The Daze: The Tower

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot's eyes are screwed shut tight as the kobold is afeared to even see the grievous injuries such a fall might've caused.

"Is there much blood? Mot is covered in blood, yes?*" Mot whimpers piteously.

* there's no blood, lots of dust and dirt though
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The Shadowdancer / Alanari Fal'll
HP: 1
~~~~~~~~

"No no, you seem just fine. I however, appear to have lost my eye. Mind helping me find it? It should be around here somewhere..." The elf mumbles, shuffling through some of the rocks at his feet in search of the enchanted gem.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot stills and cracks an shut eye open, disbelieving.

Mot looks Motself over processing what the elf has said. "Lost an eye? Ewww." Mot says but does indeed look around.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Rachel Tapperly
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Bruised (-1)

Rachel shook her head lightly and rolled her arm a bit- she would have a bruise in the morning, but her shoulder seemed to work all right. "I'm fairly certain the idea was for us to climb UP the rope, not to use it to pull the tower down upon us. Perhaps a bit more careful planning is in order." She looked around the group. "Is anyone hurt? I have bandages and such..."

>OOC: She has Treatment +8 and a Healer's Kit- but now that I look at it, I don't think that can actually do any immediate healing. Hmmm
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl

"If it weren't for this crazy fog, I'd say this is too foolhardy," he says. "But I suppose we must find a way in. Hopefully it doesn't collapse on us." Yarl attempts to figure out if there's a safe way to climb into the tower.

Intellect check (add one if Investigation works): 1d20+6 14
Prof Weird

Post by Prof Weird »

Reva Vanel
HP : 1
Condition : Bruised (-1 Tou checks)

"An enchanted ruby shouldn't be too hard to notice - assuming it isn't buried under all this debris." Reva mused to herself as she looked around.
ooc : Would Perception or Investigation (Search) be the needed roll in this case ?
Perception check: 1d20+6 8 - well, that happened. Apparently an enchanted ruby CAN be hard to notice.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

THADDEODORUS HIGHBORN – THADD THE GREAT

HP: 1; Status: Great as usual!

"A lost eye?!?!?" Thadd roared as he burst into laughter before he could console Mot. "A fine scout you make, Al! You can't even keep track of your eyes, how can I trust you to watch out for danger!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

He moved over and slapped Alanari on the back, harder than the elf probably would have liked. "Gods, I'm funny!" After a bit more laughter, he said, "You all look for *chuckle* our great scout's eye and I will focus with my TWO eyes on a way to get in."
Camus wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:53 pm After the section of the wall crumbled, the party is disgregated among the derbies. Although a bigger hole now exists, and Mots rope is still secured to the wooden beam, they are all down there and the entrance is up there.
What would our courageous adventurers try next?
"I'm certainly not going to let a near fatal rockslide keep us from our destiny," he said tugging on the rope to test its sturdiness. "Leave it to me."
Thadd is going to climb up if the rope feels safe enough.

Athletics check: 1d20+10 26
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

So busy looking to see if FIdo was damaged he finally heard the banter. "Wait," he says, "Did you really lose an eye?" He looks around for an... eye.

perception: 1d20+5 20
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

~~~~~~~~

"Why would I lie about such a thing?" Alinari 'Al' Fal'll spoke with amusement, not at all bothered by Thad's joking taunts.
------------
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

While Thad gives a perfect climbing example, Yarl is able to locate the eye, stick in a mat of grass. The purple shine gave it off, and the smith picks it up and gives it back to his owner.
Mot finds himself quite fine, and covered in a layer of healthy dirt, just like when he searches for tasty stuff in the houses of big folk.
The two women look up as the obnoxious but deft paladin makes his way up and balances to get a footing on a stable ledge. It seems to support his weight without creaking... too much.
To Thadds eyes, the inside of the tower seems as ruined as its exterior. The moonshine that filters through the derelict roof is enough for him to make out the outlines of a staircase leading down and one leading up. The later is almost completely destroyed, while the access to the former seems oddly devoid of obstructing rubble... From his vantage point, Thadd can see a way down, facilitated by the recent wallslide, that seems to have piled rocks on the inside as well, making a nice staircase of boulders.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot will dust Motself off and ponder the problem of Yarl's dog.

Of course Mot didn't know what everyone carried, but a few things were evident from distinctive bulges or things tied outside of pouches.

"Mot would need... rope lots of, and large piece of cloth to make pouch for dog... maybe trunk of tree around this big and so wide." Mot measures out diameter and length with scaled hands. Mot then draws in a patch of dirt with a claw. "We put second rope up to top then two different ropes wrapped around tree like so... then more separate ropes tie to blanket or bedroll that goes under torso of clanky dog here..." Mot adds a crude oval with legs to the drawing of a cylinder wrapped several times with rope. "Then, when trunk attached to two ropes that go up shaft and these two wrapped ropes are pulled down by someone strong..." Mot adds a blocky, vaguely-blacksmith-shaped figure to bottom of the drawing... "then tree rotates like wheel of cart, wrapping the ropes attached up shaft and raising it, pulling steel dog up. Shiny Man at top pulls dog to ledge and unhooks dog. The rest of us climb up and we go." Mot adds a figure with a small body and big head at top of the ropes adding a large mouth, smiling with impossibly big teeth.
Improvised Tools Advantage with Technology to rig pulley and harness system to get dog to entrance:
technology: 1d20+8 20
"Should work." Mot says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

~~~~~~~~

Alanari smiles at the blacksmith for his help, taking the ruby in hand as well as withdrawing an actually clean peace of cloth. He cleans it off, faces away from people so they don't have to witness the process, and places it back in. The enchantment inside does the rest, adjusting itself automatically and resyncing with what remains of his optic nerve- Not that he has any idea what that is, of course. As far as he knows, the eye simply 'works' and that's good enough for him.

with it back in place, he comes to look over Mot's shoulder. Not a hard task at all for even someone of his height. "Hmm... You really are a clever one. Well, I suppose we should get to work if we're to get Fido up there won't we?"
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Yarl Bloodworth

"Interesting idea, Mot," he says. "But we have nowhere to attach the pulley that we are sure would not just crumple like the rest of this wall. Fido does weight as much as I do, at least."
Camus

The Tower

Post by Camus »

Where Yarl had failed, Mot succeeded in devising a plant to lift the automaton up the ledge of rock. The smith, however, rises a good question. The beam that supports the rope would certainly do for Mots plan, and has so far supported Thadd clad in armour. Whether it would hold under Fidos weight... it would be try and see. As far as Thadd can tell, and he is the closest to the sturdy beam of wood, the thing seems sturdy and not rotten in any way.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Mot shrugs and makes a non-committal sound. "Uhweanuuh."