FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 2; Condition: Eyes in the sky

Eva floated in the early morning air a good mile up over the lush green of the Atlas mountains the wind whistling around her as she flew at a sedate pace and tried to make like a part of the sky.

As she flew she adjusted her suits sensors which provided her with a 3d map overlay of the area including topographical scans and thermal signatures and accurate renderings. She saw her teammates move through the forest in various ways except for Ryan who she could only extrapolate his location from where his comms signal was; Jon was also hard to find but only because her mind kept telling her he wasn't there when her suits systems said he clearly was, she had to focus her will on the notion of his being there to see past the psionic fog he put up.

"Vindicator in position, sensors online no movement from Black Claw at this time."

By virtue of best 3 of 5 and with fluff of being a mile up and out of sight Eva makes it

_: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
1D20+4 = [17]+4 = 21
1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5
1D20+4 = [12]+4 = 16
1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

Barely :P

making a semi preemptive Perception check just general watching the team and Claw and for anyone making their way to the area

_: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16

She has the advantage of an arial view a variable sensor suite set to what ever is appropriate
Last edited by catsi563 on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz waited in the shadows a bit back from Darklight and Spectre. She was going to be a weak link on hiding and didn't want to give away the others if at all possible.
Stealth checks: 5#1d20+6 16 10 21 19 13
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

The young woman known as Shift quietly keeps pace with the team, easily handling the change in terrain as she sometimes simply walks through obstacles so she can keep a line of sight on Blackclaw as he moves through the forest.

Eventually the super villain leaves the beaten trail, heading off into a thick section of trees that makes following a good bit more difficult but leads both him and the group following him closer towards the Atlas Mountains. After nearly twenty minutes of fighting through the dense trees they begin to spread out more, making moving through this area easier until they're gone leaving the beginning of the Atlas Mountains where one could easily travel over the rocks and head deeper into the ravines, crevices and ledges held within it.

OOC wrote: Alright, since I'm keeping Shift active for now here's her rolls.
Stealth: _: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25...& I forgot to do it as all five rolls....
Rest of Stealth Checks: _: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13

She just barely makes it, but makes it none the less.

Now let's have some Perception Checks from everyone, DC 25.

Shift's Perception Check: _: 1D20+11 = [17]+11 = 28, she made it.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight
Perception: 1D20+9 = [1]+9 = 10
I swear, if I could roll negative numbers, I would.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz focused on avoiding detection and let the forward team members be her eyes and ears.
Perception check: 1d20+14 16
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

OoC wrote:Perception 1d20+12=24
Missed it by that much... :P
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 4
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

In his efforts to keep an eye on the area surrounding Blackclaw, Vanguard notices something odd - an electronic eye built into the base of a tree. It is well made, he almost passed it by, but as he keeps finding more it becomes apparent that the group is definitely on the right trail so to speak. Shift notices something as well, pointing out to some of the others disguised capture restraints hidden in the foliage of the trees. Spurred by these discoveries, Vindicator adjusts her suit's sensors and learns that there are dozens of small energy spikes surrounding the area - clearly an indication that this area isn't as untainted by technology as one might think by looking at it.

What is very puzzling however is the fact that none of them seem to be active at the moment. It's almost as if someone has managed to put the entire system on standby for some reason.

OOC wrote:I'm working with the assumption that catsi is busy with RL stuff, so I'll roll for Vindicator.

Vindicator’s Perception Check: _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18, that's a miss but I'm going to assume (and we all know how well that can work) that he'd want that re-rolled.
Vindicator's re-rolled Perception Check: _: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23, and with the re-roll bonus that's a 33.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 2; Condition: Eyes in the sky

"What the hell...?" Eva muttered aloud as Shift pointed out several anomalies which caused her to adjust her sensors on the fly. "Everyone exercise caution we have a large sensory grid around the area, and, multiple individual traps they're on standby mode but I'm not sure what could activate them.

She had her suit reach out to the network attached to the traps and attempted to access them cautiously and carefully so she didn't set them off, using a sandbox clone set up to avoid any nasty surprises the system might have waiting for someone like her.

"Warshade I'm going to try to access the network see what's going on here, Stand by."

:shock: waiting on me?? sorry took a preemptive check earlier but ill stick with the newer one.

Eva will attempt to access the network remotely just basic probe no hacking as of now, she'll skill mastery for a 30 initial attempt to see whats what

just to be safe shes looking to avoid any alarms or systems defenses by mimicking a basic maintenance routine querying the system for it status that sort of thing also avoid letting the system ping her back as well
Last edited by catsi563 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vindicator:

It takes very little effort for Vindicator to gain access to the security system with how it's currently operating, it's almost like someone left the electronic front door open. Once in the system she discovers that it is indeed running a maintenance program, about twelve hours earlier than it should be from what the operating plan says.

She nearly misses one bit of code, one that almost perfectly blended in with the normal code of the system, but upon closer examination the differences are obvious. That means that someone made the security system begin the maintenance program ahead of schedule, making sure to hide the fact from the computer system it is connected to is unaware of that happening, and whoever did that made sure to cover their tracks very, very well.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"So, what's all this?" Vanguard whispers to Warshade pointing out one of the devices, "We on candid camera?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 2; Condition: L33T HAXX :lol:

Evas eyes narrowed behind her visor and made a low dangerous sound in her throat as the bit of code she thought was just a bit of extraneous flotsam was in reality a full on camouflaged worm. Some one had infiltrated the system planted the worm and used it to fool the system into running its maintenance cycle way ahead of schedule.

"Warshade scan frequency .95mhz band three; I caught a hack on the system, someone put the network into maintenance mode, and then did a damned good job covering their tracks, I'm hacking the system, I'll see if I can get control of the network and shut it down or keep it asleep."

As she worked her eyes flashing over the HUD display causing lines of code to rapidly fill her screen, she sent the information she had so far to Liz's goggles for her analysis.

Shes going full hacker here, take the system apart put it back together and see if she can discover who the mystery programmer is among any other information the network has for them. and if needed keep it from booby trapping all of them into bad things :P

Evas tech check _: 1D20+20 = [19]+20 = 39

Again she is maintaining a level of caution on the lookout for any cyber traps or the like that could do bad things.

Catsi stories