FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

"Yes, keep an eye on Vortex. Vanguard, you be ready to back them up as well. This is getting more interesting as it goes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Roger."

Ryan sinks into his own shadow and appears near his teammate. Then he sinks down again and "shadows" Vortex and Black Claw.
Shadow Walk to join Vortex
Following in shadow form
Stealth: 1D20+17 = [14]+17 = 31
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator

"Liz we need to extract Shift as well, shes on her own out there now."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz shrugged and commented off comm. "She's not in any danger."

"Shift, head back to HQ. Call if you're in trouble."
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Hp: 1

"[I will stay and cover Shift. We can rejoin you once she gets clear.]" With that, Spectre broadcast his "Ignore Me" suggestion and entered the bar. Carefully, he found an out of the way spot to observe the room and step in from if need be. "[Shift,]" he pinged telepathically, "[I'm here if you need any assistance.]"
OoC wrote:I'll have Now You Don't... active and be in a spot in general area of the front door, with my back against a wall. I'll let Shift know exactly where.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Inside the Bar:

Darklight slips away, unnoticed by the patrons thanks to Shift's distraction which also allows Jonathan Spectre to replace their departed teammate with no problem. Shift gives the mentalist a slight nod along with a mental acknowledgement of his arrival while continuing to keep the bar patron's attention focused on her for a little while until she can separate herself from her new flock of "friends".

The Seedier Part of Town:

It doesn't take Darklight and Vanguard long to catch up to Vortex at the flophouse he followed the trench coat wearing man to, where surprisingly the tenants don't pay much attention to the three of you as that small group are more involved in their own personal dramas than those of others around them. The three of you make your way up to the fourth floor and start trying to figure out which of the several rooms is the one being rented to the trench coated man.

OOC wrote:However you gentlemen want to try, feel free to give it a go.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan slinks forward, poking his shadow head under the doors looking for any signs of Trenchcoat.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard ghosted along behind the others. His darker costume made being stealth a viable option, unlike his old SockLord costume. And he was trying a new trick, using his wind power to cancel the sounds of his footsteps.

He had no idea how to track down which room exactly would hold their target so he did the only thing he could think of and, while waiting for the others to reveal their brilliant plan, he looked to see what doors had light coming from inside. Might help narrow things down.

He considered the solution of pulling the fire alarm, but quickly realized that might get the man out into the corridor... along with a few dozen civilians. He cheerfully said nothing about that terrible idea.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 4

Vortex didn't too have much of a plan but follow along and hope he heard something or Darklight saw the right thing.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight, Vanguard & Vortex:

As the three of you make you way down the hall stealthily trying to locate Black Claw, all of you notice that some of the other rooms have inhabitants but none of them are who you're looking for. After several minutes it ends up being Vortex who picks up the sounds of something or someone being punched, a lot, accompanied by muffled grunts one would expect to go along with such activity.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 4

"I hear trouble. This way." Vortex quickly sped up to the direction of the fighting noises.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"You think you can portal this guy out of the building?" Vanguard whispers.

The concept of fighting an unknown baddie in the middle of an apartment building just filled him with dread. If something went wrong many innocent people who wouldn't even know to run for cover until it was too late.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan's shadow form moves ahead of the others and goes under the door pointed out by Vortex.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight, Vanguard & Vortex:

Inside the room Darklight sees the source of the noise - Black Claw is working out some of his apparent frustrations on an improvised punching bag (which is just the crappy mattress his room had been supplied with rolled up & tapped to stay in the desired shape), though it is starting to look a good deal worse for wear (though apparently Black Claw had enough smarts to not use his claws on it). Lost in his physical efforts, the criminal is unaware of Darklight's presence in the room.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan is about to attack the unaware villain, but pauses.

No, he is part of a team.

He slides back out into the hallway and points at the door quite obviously so the others can see.