FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
Eva McKenna

"The rest of us are going to check out some other places Boomerang has been spotted at in the past. Any questions or objections?"

Vanguard raises his hand, "Vindicator doesn't really have a nuke, does she?"

Liz made a show of putting on her goggles and looking around, then shrugged. "If she does, it's already in orbit and thus, out of my jurisdiction."

"Any relevant questions?"
Eva sat there with a look of pure angelic innocence on her face. but added no commentary as Skylar addressed her
Skylar nodded as Liz assigned her mission then looked toward Vindicator, though broadcast to her, Warshade and Darklight "You are the resident tech genius, aye? Could you create wrap-sheets for Darklight, if he's willing, and I under fake super-villain headings? If any villains there are able to run ID scans, I'd like them to not out us immediately as heroes."
"Sure shouldn't be too hard to create a couple of ECPD profiles." she started tapping on her suits holo-keyboard causing a pair of pictures of Ryan and Skylar to pop up on the screen. Before she could get too far though Ryan spoke.
"I won't need a fake rap sheet," he says right before taking another drink from his giant size mug
a few moments later official looking ECPD rap sheets appeared next to their photos, Skylars was faked but Ryan carried the real thing which caused Eva to narrow her eyes a little. She did some quick alterations to both and now each carried a similar story.

Both of them charged and convicted of multiple counts of fraud, assault, robbery, sentenced to Blackstone, Emerald Cities super prison. Both put on the same block for low level offenders with low level non-dangerous powers. Giving both a plausible reason for having met and teaming up after parole releases for good behavior. She made sure to toss a few typos and some variations in to differentiate the pair though it hurt her sense of aesthetics to do so.

"Anyone that checks you should find those satisfactory enough to not ask too many questions, just don't get too creative with your back stories." she added her voice cool and professional as she finished.

Tech check to forge a couple background checks thanks to skill mastery tech is a 30 which should pass muster for basic checks against it. they should stand up to basic scrutiny.

PS if Emerald Cities super prison has a different name let me know
Last edited by catsi563 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

Skylar looked over the screen "Aye, looks good, though can you use..." she shifted her appearance "this for the picture? And for 'powers known' put minor telekinesis and telepathy, don't want to show my full hand, just in case."

Last edited by EspyGrrl on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Darklight wrote: "I won't need a fake rap sheet," he says right before taking another drink from his giant size mug. While he does he carefully eyes the others looking for their reactions to his comment.
Huh. So that's what air-quotes sound like without the air-quotes, Jon thought. He meets Ryan's gaze with a look of pleasant neutrality. Eva's looking at his record in real time and isn't going to DefCon 5, so it can't be too outrageous. Liz didn't bat an eye either, without seeing it, so she most likely knew already. So, this is him trying to broach the subject with the rest of us. "Okay, I'll bite.", he offers respectfully, "You have a real rap sheet?"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)
kenseido wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:04 pm "I won't need a fake rap sheet," he says right before taking another drink from his giant size mug. While he does he carefully eyes the others looking for their reactions to his comment.
Vanguard raises his hand. Seemingly oblivious to any indication of cringing from Warshade.

"Since we're all splitting up, are we checking in on regular intervals to confirm that none of us have fallen into a trap, or been ambushed?" He asks.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz inwardly groaned. "Eva, since we're working with the ECPD, let's give them some heads up before we hack their database next time. Also, we need to give them a heads up so they don't pick the two up on their way over."
Arkrite wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:13 am "Since we're all splitting up, are we checking in on regular intervals to confirm that none of us have fallen into a trap, or been ambushed?
"We're not going to timed check-ins. We're going comm-silent so any stray signals aren't snooped. Shift has sufficient range on her telepathy to keep you and Vortex up to date. Right?" She paused to make sure she wasn't promising something that wasn't possible. "Don't use the comms unless you have to."

"The rest of us are going to check this other place of Boomerang's."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"About half dozen charges for burglary. Mostly probation. One six month stint upstate due to an over zealous cop."

He takes another long sip of coffee. In for a penny...

"Stops because I started picking targets that don't report crimes to cops. It's how I met Mars actually. I was casing a jewelry expo where some lowlife was displaying stolen jewels from a royal family of some small African country. Well, while I was casing the place, a bunch of amateur crooks came busting in to steal everything. Unfortunately for them, that was when the Silver Storm hit. My powers manifested and I took them out by accident. Still the crowd cheered me on."

"I went back later that night, but my powers made it easy... and boring. So I left. Well it turned out Mars had a small collection there and his own surveillance cameras. He contacted me and suggested I could do something better."

He pauses again for another long sip of coffee.

"Mars helped me identify all the proper owners of the stuff I stole and return it; now I am making reparations to the people who deserve them."

He finishes his story and takes the last of his coffee.

"Oh that cop I mentioned? Detective Sparrow is still trying to put me away for every robbery that comes across his desk. He may be paying some of you a visit."
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

Warshade wrote: "We're not going to timed check-ins. We're going comm-silent so any stray signals aren't snooped. Shift has sufficient range on her telepathy to keep you and Vortex up to date. Right?" She paused to make sure she wasn't promising something that wasn't possible. "Don't use the comms unless you have to."
Shift nodded "My range is just a bit over one and a half kilometers, so pretty decent"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz nodded at Ryan. "For what it's worth, this isn't a surprise to me and it certainly wasn't a surprise to Mars. Darklight has assured me he has no legitimate outstanding legal issues."

"As for Detective Sparrow, if anyone comes asking questions, refer him to me or Mars."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5
COND: Unharmed

"Not like you're the only one with a criminal record here, Darklight."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
Eva McKenna
Skylar looked over the screen "Aye, looks good, though can you use..." she shifted her appearance "this for the picture? And for 'powers known' put minor telekinesis and telepathy, don't want to show my full hand, just in case."
Eva shrugged casually and did so replacing the mug shot with one more like the appearance Skylar adopted. She altered it slightly throwing the sort of small tweaks that a person just arrested might have --bags under the eyes, dirt on cheeks, mussed hair that sort of thing to complete the image.
Liz inwardly groaned. "Eva, since we're working with the ECPD, let's give them some heads up before we hack their database next time. Also, we need to give them a heads up so they don't pick the two up on their way over."
Eva Snorted semi-playfully, grumbling something along the lines of take all the fun out of things why don't you. But made sure to send an email message to their ECPD contact giving them a heads up, and made an adjustment to the rap sheets as she did.

"I cant keep the police form picking them up without compromising their covers, but I can attach to their records a POI request that insures they just get brought in for questioning not arrested, and attach our liasons name to it so he can call us if needed."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Darklight wrote:"About half dozen charges for burglary. Mostly probation. One six month stint upstate due to an over zealous cop."
He takes another long sip of coffee. In for a penny...
Warshade wrote: Liz nodded at Ryan. "For what it's worth, this isn't a surprise to me and it certainly wasn't a surprise to Mars. Darklight has assured me he has no legitimate outstanding legal issues."
"As for Detective Sparrow, if anyone comes asking questions, refer him to me or Mars."
Jon nodded as Ryan and Liz both said their pieces. "I had assumed that, even if Mr. Mars hadn't run a background check, Warshade would have. If they say everything is Jake, then we're good to go.", Jon said. "Thank you for being straight with us, Ryan.", he added sincerely.
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator'
Eva McKenna

"If you want I can put Sparrow on permanent IRS Audit, and have IA breathing down his neck until he retires." Eva said with a mischievous smirk, and a casual ease that seemed to assure that she could do it on the spot with little more effort then someone could carry around a jar of dirt.

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz raised an eyebrow in Vortex's direction. "We can discuss that later, if you like. For now, I'd like to get moving."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5
COND: Unharmed

"Mars or AEGIS didn't tell you?" Vortex asked, confused.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz's eyes narrowed. "What does AEGIS have to do with it?"