FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"I see garbage," He pauses, "And a prostitute. Or just a woman who's very showoffish. Or maybe a teenager trying to piss of their dad. Hard to tell from here."

"Oh, wait, I saw a hobo with a dog."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade, Vindicator & Jonathan Spectre:

Vindicator's sensor scan reveals that there's no kind of trap waiting to be sprung, and the three of you enter into the hideaway of Boomerang.

Really it's nothing more than it looks - a small apartment meant for at most two occupants. After an in-depth going over of the living space you all find a number of things that make it clear that this is indeed the abode of Boomerang; several fake I.D.s with his picture on them, a surprising large stash of cash (several thousand in total), and what looks to be safe deposit keys.

One interesting thing is a sticky note with a date (from several weeks ago), time and address written on it - the same as the bar where the rest of the team is currently at. It seems whoever contacted Wreckin' Bill had definitely contacted Boomerang as well.

Darklight & Shift:

The two of you drain very little attention upon entering the bar, as most the patrons here apparently respected the privacy of others as much as they wanted for themselves. That said however, there are those who do give the pair of you a cursory once over but seem to find nothing about either of you to object to and go on with their business.

Darklight does notice a few semi-familiar faces in the crowd, low-end criminals he's heard enough about to know that they're trouble, not the kind he's currently looking for, but trouble none the less as he's fairly certain several of them currently have active warrants out on them. Though one of them gets his attention - Mike Simms. A known fence, there isn't much going on in the criminal underworld that he doesn't know something about.

Shift notices that she pulls a bit more attention than her companion, which isn't very surprising considering that she's one of the few women in the place and is a "new pretty face" in such a place. That gives her an opportunity to get a good look at several of the other patrons and recall the short list of known criminals she'd been given a chance to look through before heading to the bar and thanks to her photographic memory she's finding a few of them there. None of them are major players but could be place to start poking around for information, especially Mike Simms, a known fence, there isn't much going on in the criminal underworld that he doesn't know something about.

Vortex & Vanguard:

Vanguard gets distracted in his commentary to notice a fellow wearing a trench coat who is taking in his surroundings in a way that makes him seem a bit out of place as everyone else is wrapped up in their activities to care about what he's doing. However, Vortex does not miss him as he makes his way towards the bar where his two teammates are currently located.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

"All right, let's turn this stuff over to the police. They can check the deposit boxes and flag the IDs." Liz was disappointed they'd found little more than a dead end.

"Vanguard, can you check in?"
Don't know how long that search took given that very little has happened at the bar.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 3; Condition: Fine

Eva spent two long minutes giving the place a thorough scan and once over with her suits sensors. She ran IR, UV, and MRI scans all of which came back negative, as she did she also got a full 3D hi-rez image of the place for future reference.

"It's clear." she said to Liz and Jon before stepping into the place to begina more thorough investigation. Unfortunately there wasn't much to find as it turned out still she made a go of it.

"All right, let's turn this stuff over to the police. They can check the deposit boxes and flag the IDs." Liz was disappointed they'd found little more than a dead end.

"Vanguard, can you check in?"

Eva nodded an set to work getting images and recordings of every bit of viable evidence in the place and uploading it to ECPDs online system while keeping copies for their own files and future reference.
Last edited by catsi563 on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan eyes the people in the room, looking for both helpful and unhelpful one. Eyeing Mike Simms, he makes a subtle gesture to Shift but quickly notes that she has already noticed him.

He decides to let her take the lead on this one, as Mike will likely respond better to her.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5
COND: Unharmed

"I'd focus on the trenchcoat man." Vortex pointed him out to Vanguard. "Wanna bet he's involved?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"Huh?" Vanguard grunts, trying to find the man in question.

"Boy I hope he's involved, I'd hate to think he's a flasher."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

After an awkward pause Vanguard asks, "So, you think we should warn them about the guy headed their way or...?"
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

Shift noticed the fence, Mike, and started walking toward him "I'll see if the fence knows anything, care to be my bodyguard 'boyfriend'?" she mentally chuckles "Just follow along and stand behind me looking semi-imposing if yes, or look around for anyone else if you'd like." she 'said' sending the communication to Ryan only.

Walking up to Mike she motions to a seat at his table "Mind if I sit?" she mentally says to him, not using her normal cards, bad guys don't care about the niceties of telling someone about mental communication first... she thinks... hopefully...
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex

"Suppose so. You want the honors of delivering it with wit or shall I?"
Games
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"I would, but they did complain when I suggested checking in regularly," He grins, "And I'm just dying to see how you'll break this one to them."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex

"Traitor." Vortex mock-chided before getting on the comms. "*So just FYI, there's a suspicious trenchcoat guy heading towards the bar. Keep an eye out for him.*"
Games
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard snickers, "Wait, did you just tell them to keep an eye out for the guy who looks like a flasher?"
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight & Shift:

Walking up to Mike she motions to a seat at his table "Mind if I sit?" she mentally says to him, not using her normal cards, bad guys don't care about the niceties of telling someone about mental communication first... she thinks... hopefully...

Mike takes notice of Shift approaching him, and if the smug smirk on his face is any indication he's thinking like most men - in the gutter. Though when she mentally talks to him it's enough to jerk him out of whatever dirty line of thought he was having. Though he recovers like the professional he is, nodding towards the chair next to him. "Not at all." As Shift takes the offered seat Mike doesn't waste any time in engaging her. "So what brings you here today?"

It's at this point that Vortex's message comes across the comm. "*So just FYI, there's a suspicious trenchcoat guy heading towards the bar. Keep an eye out for him.*"
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan tries to cover the wince as the comm message comes in through the annoying earpiece.

He then tries to make a casual glance around as he tries to put eyes on the person.