FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tattooedman

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight & Shift:

Shift nods her head with a playful smirk. "I can do distraction."

As Ryan enters the short hallway that leads to the bar's bathrooms he hears the sound of several glasses being sat down on the bar top and "hears' his partner offering up shots to anyone in the bar who might be interested in helping her to drink them, which is followed by the sound of several patrons who are very willing to help the pretty young girl with her situation.

All of which makes it much easier for Ryan to return to Mike's table where he and his angry customer, both of whom are to engaged in their conversation to care about what the other bar patrons are doing.

"...is he serious with that price?!" The trench coat wearing man asks with a tone that makes it obvious he is unhappy with whatever price cost he was just told.

To which, Mike simply nods then replies. "Very serious."

"But I was told I'd get a repeater discount."

"That's included in the quote."

"That's bullshit."

"That's business. You either pay it and get what you're paying for or don't and you don't get it. Besides, it's not like anyone else if offering what my client is."

"Yeah, I know that. But he wouldn't be doing that if it wasn't for me coming to him years ago, hell I gave him the idea. That should count for some kind of decent discount."

Mike shrugs. "I can run it by him, but I doubt it'll do much for you. He seemed pretty set on the cost."

"Screw that. I'll take it up with him in person. I'll pay what he wants then see if we can work out something on the payments."

"Fair enough. Keeps me out of it. So usual payment method then?"

"Yea, that's fine." The other man says as he pulls a manila envelop out of one of his coats pockets and quickly passes it over to Mike, who simply picks it up and tucks it away in the inside pocket of his own coat then produces a slip of folded paper that he slides across the table to the other man. "Be there tomorrow at the list time."

OOC:
Yeah, there's no way Mike or his guest can beat that roll. So we'll just go with Ryan being able to overhear what they're talking about with no problem and not being noticed.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan's shadowy form moves back to the area he exited to and waits until everything is clear before rising back up again.

Tapping his commlink, he communicates to the others "Trenchcoat has made a special purchase that he needs to pick up tomorrow.
Somebody should follow him."

He then makes his way back to Shift to join in the festivities.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard looks over at Vortex, "You're better at the sneaking stuff than I am. You lead I follow a block or two back?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5->4
COND: Unharmed

"'Kay." Vortex began the lead, shifting back into his normal clothing so that it wouldn't look too suspicious if the trenchcoat saw him once. The key to tailing was not to not be seen, but not to look like you were following them.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz was startled out of a daydream by the comm chatter. "Any chance you can give me a little more detail on who 'trenchcoat' is or what he might have bought? Vortex, stay out of sight but the priority is don't lose him."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Sorry, the deal had already been setup. Trenchcoat was impatient and put off by the exorbitant fee. Mike is a middle man putting it together. Trenchcoat paid the price and said he would take it up directly with the seller. He mentioned a repeat buyer discount, but I don't know if he meant repeat with Mike or repeat with the seller."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 3; Condition: Fine

"Are there any street cameras anywhere near where they are? I can tap them see if i can get a picture and run it through the database."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vindicator:

It takes your armor systems virtually no time in gaining access to the city's traffic camera system (maybe you should offer them an upgrade of some kind), and in the time it takes your target to walk three blocks you've gotten enough images of his face that your armor's on-board computer is running him through the criminal database used by police.

Not surprisingly he's a fairly well known super villain, though he's best known for being kind of a jobber but a dangerous one none the less. Black Claw has been around long enough that he shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

I won't even bother with a DC for getting his records, Black Claw has a long history of criminal behavior.

Vortex:

You follow the man you'd spotted a little while ago, he seems distracted so it's not that hard to do really. His route takes you both deeper into the seedier part of the city, the one not advertised in any of the tourist books Emerald City's council loves to publish. Soon enough the man makes his way into a flophouse, where he's gotten a room on the fourth floor you figure out by watching the elevator he uses as it lights up the numbers above its entrance.

OOC wrote:Your call on what to do here EO; you can either call in the others or follow Black Claw up to the 4th floor and try to figure out what room he's in.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 3; Condition: Fine/Suit: Fine

Eva went to work hacking the cities Security and Traffic safety network and locking onto Vortexes location almost with in mere seconds of the act. She harrumphed quietly about how easy it was--Seriously is this what her tax dollars went to? Sheesh she'd have to offer a security upgrade sometime to EC Municipal--and set to work using the network to capture facial scans, numerous traffic and security cams in the area gave her a dozen distinct images which she then coalesced via facial recog programs into a final image.

"Got him." she said to Liz bringing up a rap sheet and photos on her arms holo display for Liz to view.

'Black Claw Aka Randal Standish, Small time hood with over three dozen indictments outstanding for everything from assault to larceny to murder, Vortex watch yourself hes gone toe to toe with Foreshadow and The Raven and escaped capture."

She turned to Liz while keeping Vortex tuned in "I heard some rumors, mostly unconfirmed that he had gotten an upgrade from Fabricators Incorporated that boosted his lethality. He's not one we want to underestimate."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan curses himself inwardly. His instinct was to continue following "Trenchcoat" as a shadow, and now another teammate was stuck tailing a dangerous person. His shadow form would have made it next to impossible to get hurt, but Vortex could get ambushed and seriously hurt.

But he would have had to leave Shift behind alone. Also, he wouldn't have been able to check in with the team. So he went against his instincts. If Vortex gets hurt...
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz raised an eyebrow at Eva. "That doesn't sound small-time to me."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 3; Condition: Fine/Suit: Fine

"Going mostly by the Freedom Leagues files on him, Otakumon, and Avatar cornered him before we went Dimension hopping, they didn't have too many problems with the guy until he tried to drop a billboard on some bystanders and lit out in the confusion.

"Says here he dropped off the grid after a run in with Raptor Red where she nearly put him in the hospital, he reappeared a month later sporting a new look and a worse attitude."
She pulled up the leagues files on Black Claw and cross referenced them with the Police and Aegis files for good measure showing them to Liz as she did.

Evas quick investigation check to aid Liz's roll or provide deeper info as needed

_: 1D20+14 = [15]+14 = 29

Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade & Vindicator:

With all the information available to her, Warshade quickly realizes that Black Claw started off as a standard "Jobber" villain who realized his status at one point and decided to actually do something about it in a way that was terrifyingly effective - improving his weaponry and getting some serious training that he deftly demonstrated by challenging several heroes who were considered to be "out of his league", not only holding his own but nearly defeating them as well as achieving the various tasks he'd been hired on to perform.

A quick reference on who possessed the combination of high-end combat and related criminal skills that would be willing to teach such skills points to the super villain Recall. His mercenary mindset means that he's highly likely willing to teach someone willing to pay him the large fee he's likely to demand. Another check on the time frame when Black Claw was undergoing his "training" coincides with a period of time where Recall wasn't active in the criminal underworld.

OOC wrote:Yeah, with the bonuses that roll basically leaves virtually nothing about Black Claw that Liz doesn't know. So much so that she can make some seriously correctly educated guesses about him.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan keys his comm. "Maybe I should catch up with Vortex and provide backup? If this guy is really that dangerous."
OOC
Not trying to horn in on someone else's scene, especially after hogging so much screen time. Just playing out his in character response to not following Black Claw when his instincts told him to.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 4
COND: Unharmed

Vortex gave the address of the place. "'If you really want me to hold on for you, I'll do it, though really I'll be fine."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe