FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EspyGrrl
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by EspyGrrl » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Shift
HP: 1


Shift smiles to the man, sitting down and leaning over the table just slightly so she could control exactly where the man's attention was focused.
"Well.... I just got out... heard you're a guy to talk to... I use to be good friends with a guy named Solar, and we were split up when I had to go away..." her face makes a cutesy pout "Do you know where I could...hehe... bump.. into him?"

[OOC: Any kind of rolls you want me to do TM I'll edit them into here for ya]

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:09 pm

Shift & Darklight:

While Shift is talking with Mike, Darklight watches as the trench coat wearing man enters the bar thanks to Vortex's warning. He displays all the usual signs of being an experienced criminal; from how his eyes take in everything the bar has to offer, to the way he carries himself with a kind of self assuredness that he is likely one of the baddest men in the room and can back it up.


"Really?" Mikes answers, his eyes sharpening as he takes a good look at Shift. His interest in her changing given the new information about her. "I'd heard he was in town, but he'd been laying really low until recently." The crook says, referencing the robbery Solar was part of. "You looking to earn or just have some kicks?"


Darklight can do an Expertise [Criminal] Check (DC 15) to see if he recognizes the newcomer.

Shift needs to make a Persuasion Check (DC 15) to sway Mike fully.

EspyGrrl
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by EspyGrrl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm

Shift
HP: 1



Shift smiled as Mike looked at her "It's because of that bit of fun he had that I knew he was in town... As for what I want... Little from column A... little for column B..." she spoke into his mind while she lifted her hand and mimicked stroking a finger down Mike's cheek, which thanks to her minor telekinesis, he felt the gentle brush against his skin.

[OOC: 11+3=14 Persuasion on Mike. If Attractive applies then it's 16, not 14]

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:11 am

Shift & Darklight:

"Really?" Mikes answers, his eyes sharpening as he takes a good look at Shift. His interest in her changing given the new information about her. "I'd heard he was in town, but he'd been laying really low until recently." The crook says, referencing the robbery Solar was part of. "You looking to earn or just have some kicks?"

Shift smiled as Mike looked at her "It's because of that bit of fun he had that I knew he was in town... As for what I want... Little from column A... little for column B..." she spoke into his mind while she lifted her hand and mimicked stroking a finger down Mike's cheek, which thanks to her minor telekinesis, he felt the gentle brush against his skin.

Mike smiles smugly at the minor display. "Gotcha sweetheart, maybe you and me can work out an arrangement we can both be happy with. I can get you in touch with Solar, but it''ll cost."

Attractive does apply, so that is a 16 and good enough for what I was looking for.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:17 am

Darklight

Ryan tries to remain calm as he eyes the man in the trenchcoat and wracks his brains trying to remember where he knows him from.
Expertise: Criminal: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
Yep, Dice Gods have had mad hate for me lately.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:34 pm

Darklight & Shift:

While Ryan can't quite figure out who the new guy in the room is, he is really sure he's trouble of some kind. Thus he finds himself splitting his attention between Shift's talk with Mike and keeping an eye on the coat wearing crook, who makes his way to the bar, orders a drink and takes a seat with his back against the wall and his eyes floating over the whole room again.



Let's call this a Deception Check (DC 15) for Ryan to "blend into" the scene at the bar.

EspyGrrl
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by EspyGrrl » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Shift
HP: 1


Shift smiled, of course there would be a cost... there is always a cost... "What did you have in mind love?" she purred into Mike's mind while she shifted her leaning so one hand was holding her cheek and chin with the elbow on the table, the other arm was resting on the table in front of her, close to her body.
While this was happening, Shift sent "I don't want us to get too deep, if he asks for to much I might ask you to bail me out" to Ryan

[OOC: for image ref, this is how Shift is sitting, though her hand is cupping her cheek and chin like this, not resting on her fist]

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:17 am

Darklight
Deception: 1D20+9 = [2]+9 = 11
You are boring me, Dice Gods.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 am

Darklight & Shift:


"Really?" Mikes answers, his eyes sharpening as he takes a good look at Shift. His interest in her changing given the new information about her. "I'd heard he was in town, but he'd been laying really low until recently." The crook says, referencing the robbery Solar was part of. "You looking to earn or just have some kicks?"

Shift smiled as Mike looked at her "It's because of that bit of fun he had that I knew he was in town... As for what I want... Little from column A... little for column B..." she spoke into his mind while she lifted her hand and mimicked stroking a finger down Mike's cheek, which thanks to her minor telekinesis, he felt the gentle brush against his skin.

Mike smiles smugly at the minor display. "Gotcha sweetheart, maybe you and me can work out an arrangement we can both be happy with. I can get you in touch with Solar, but it''ll cost."

Shift smiled, of course there would be a cost... there is always a cost... "What did you have in mind love?" she purred into Mike's mind while she shifted her leaning so one hand was holding her cheek and chin with the elbow on the table, the other arm was resting on the table in front of her, close to her body.

Mike returns the smile. "Just a bit from column A, and a promise from you to keep my number for when you're looking to add to yours." He pauses then adds. "Or for when you're looking to add to column B."

Meanwhile the trench coat wearing man makes eye contact with Ryan despite his efforts to blend in, and holds it for several seconds. He only breaks it to take hold of the drink pushed at him and to down it in one motion. He then starts making his way around the bar, in a manner that Ryan recognizes as his casing the place for anyone or thing that should not be there that might be a possible threat to him while he moves in closer towards him.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:35 am

Darklight & Shift:

Shift smiled just enough to seem interested in what Mike was insinuating, maybe if she worked him the right way she could use him later on as an informant (not that he needed to know that) but she'd likely have to run that by Warshade first from what she understood about the other woman's leadership style. "Of course I'm willing to pay for useful tidbits, besides it helps to have a friend or two. You never know when you might need one." She mind-speaks in a friendly, flirty tone as she keeps eye contact with Mike. "How much from column A were you thinking?"

Mike's smile tightens a bit, not very noticeably unless someone knew what to look for, like Shift did, but his tone of voice is still friendly. "I'd say three percent would be more than fair, it takes care of any possible costs I might have in the future."


By this point the trench coat wearing man had made his way about the bar and carefully approached Darklight. "There a reason you're eyeballing me?" He gruffly says as he settles into the space next to the former thief.


Alright, hopefully we can get things going again. So sorry for the delays everyone.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:56 am

Darklight

"You looked like someone I knew," Ryan says dismissively as he turns back to the table.

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 am

Darklight & Shift:

The other man's answer is a low grunt combined with a slight nod of the head. Though he doesn't bother getting up from his seat, instead choosing to casually give the patrons of the bar a once-over in a semi-discreet manner that Ryan easily realizes means that he's looking for someone specific. It's at this point that the man's eyes settle on Shift's table and focus on Mike.


OOC wrote:Insight (vs Deception 20): _: 1D20+12 = [3]+12 = 15, and that's a fail.

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:12 am

Darklight

Ryan watches the other man through the corner of his eye and readies to intercede if the man does something violent.
Ready action to Interpose

User avatar
Tattooedman
Posts: 908
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Tattooedman » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:52 am

Darklight & Shift:

The other man waits a few moments while Shift and Mike continue to talk, but when it appears that their conversation won't end anytime soon he steps towards their table and pushes the chair out of his way. "I hate to interrupt your flirting, but I'm your appointment and I'd really like to get my business taken care of."

Shift, realizing that the new player here was someone used to getting a bit of respect, keeps quite. That doesn't stop her from making quick eye contact with Darklight before "talking" to him in her way. "Looks like we got lucky, lets see how this plays out. Maybe we can get a leg up on our sleuthing."

"Relax." Mike calmly answers back. "You know I'm fairly busy, so this is business I'm conducting here. I'll sit with you in a few minutes and it won't change anything on your deal."

The other man simply shakes his head from side to side. "Nope, not my problem. You knew when I was coming, so make time now and lose the skirt." His tone of voice gets lower as it takes on a slightly threatening tone.

"Or maybe not." Shift says as she carefully moves her seat back enough that she can get out of it should there be a sudden need for such action. "How do you want to play this partner?"

User avatar
kenseido
Posts: 324
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 pm
Location: Kansas City

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 am

Darklight

Ryan motions his eyes over to the bar for Shift to see.

"No worries. We didn't realize we were making this man wait. We're happy over to the bar and grab a couple of drinks so you can finish your business with him. Our business will hold... for a bit."

Ryan graciously assists Shift out of the booth and escorts her to the bar.

"I need a distraction," he whisper to his partner.

As they approach the bar, he excuses himself to the bathroom. Once mostly clear, Ryan waits for Shift's distraction, then melts into the floor. As a shadow, he back over to the table to listen to the exchange.
Hide in Plain Sight; Stealth: 1D20+17 = [7]+17 = 24
That's just crazy. Hopefully distraction and other stuff will cover it.

Post Reply