FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

"Huh." Liz mentally reviewed what she knew about the suspects. "So where's everyone else?" She assumed she would have heard if the whole team was back. At the least, Eva should have reported back if they were.
Expertise:Superhumans: 4#1d20+12 30 19 23 28 In order: Boomerang, Solar, Whirlwind, Wrecking Bill
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Vindicator sent them to check on other leads. I think some of them were going to search grocery stores to try and figure out where the big guy is getting his food deliveries from."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 2; Condition: Fine

As she floated overhead Eva felt the beginnings of a mild migraine that added to the annoyance she was already feeling. The entire city was saturated top to bottom with the latent energies of the Silver Storm. The storms energy pulse was acting like a sponge absorbing wavelengths and diluting or altering them in entirely unpredictable ways.

It would be a fascinating are of study later on but for now it was a pain in the @ss to borrow a turn of phrase from her magnificent comrade. Her sensors were working but it was like looking through a thick fog that distorted the signatures she was looking for. The only way to search now would be block by block which would take far too much time, time she didn't have before the four stooges hurt someone else.

"Damn." she spoke aloud just as Liz came on the line surprising her a little.
After an hour of trying to find distraction, Liz started to wonder why she hadn't heard anything from her team. Eva should have something to report by now. "Vindicator, do you have an update on the crime scene?"
"Nothing to report on our end yet." Eva broke into the conversation Liz was having with Ryan. She summarized the situation as efficiently as she could for Liz bringing her up to speed.

"So far scanning from the airs a no-go The storms latent energies have permeated everything making long distance scans difficult at best, I can work through it given time but we may not have any."

"Check in guys what's your status?" she put out over the comms.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz sighed quietly. The reason her superiors at AEGIS always seemed cranky was becoming apparent. She wanted them to check out the crime scene, not scatter all over the city. And checking where they bought their groceries? "Let's get everyone back to the tower. Darklight has something to go on. We'll start with that."

She switched off the comm. "Nice work, Ryan."
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

After the hour of washing her eyes out with tears, Skylar left her room and found a kitchen area, starting up a pot of coffee and making herself a light snack as she felt drained, physically, mentally and emotionally. Her hair, being black with deep purple streaks, and face, with visible circles under her eyes, showed just how out of it she was.
After pouring herself a cup and giving it a smell, her hair shifted slightly from black to dark gray So... what do I do now? she asked herself as she leaned against the counter, holding onto the cup as if it was a life-line keeping her from crying again.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Thanks," he nods. "I'm going to go grab a snack. You want anything?"

He only pauses a second before heading to the kitchen.

"Uhm.... hello?" Ryan says tentatively as he stumbles onto the stranger in the kitchen drinking coffee.
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift

Ryan would hear a sharp intake of breath, what might pass for a gasp, though some of the vocal bits of it were missing. But he might be more concerned with the coffee cup that this stranger dropped when she was surprised... or at least he would if it didn't stop in mid-air a couple inches from the ground and slowly float up to sit itself on the counter this stranger was leaning against.

Slowly swallowing her heart as she felt it leap to her throat when this new guy surprised her, she gently put the cup on the counter and slowly drew out a business card, taking a couple slow and steady steps toward him and holding it out.
On it, the card read:
'My only forms of communication are sign language, written, and telepathy (outgoing only, I can not read your mind). Which do you prefer?'
in English, followed by sentences in three different languages on the front, and four different languages on the back, all most likely saying the same thing.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan takes the card and stares at the card for a time... longer than even he realizes.

Sign language is right out, and written could take forever. Presumably she has a notepad of some kind and a pen with her, but that could get awkward going back and forth with that. He wonders if there are dry erase boards somewhere.

This telepathy thing sounds intriguing... and a little frightening. She SAYS she can't read minds, but could he trust that. And what is she doing here? Who is she? Surely if she wasn't allowed, she wouldn't be hanging out in the kitchen making coffee.

It's about this moment Ryan realizes that he is taking way to long to decide, and that she could provide answers to many of his questions.

He looks up. "Uhm... telepathy... I guess... is fine."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vortex, Jonathan Spectre, Vanguard:

The owners of the Golden Dragon Bowl are more than willing to talk about the man who makes large take-out orders, though none of it is anything good.

In fact the phrases “fat bastard” and “lazy pig” are common in their comments about their big boned client. Added to that is the fact that they stopped taking his orders about three weeks ago when he attacked their delivery boy because he brought demanding customer the wrong kind of sauce to go with his order.

They do happily give the man’s address, which reveals an oddly small apartment that is nothing short of disgustingly unkept with an assortment of dirty dishes and laundry which combine to make what is possibly one of the most offensive smells any of you have ever encountered as you go over the place as good as can be done.

While you find a disturbing amount of propaganda against red-heads, Jewish people, hippies, and several other (normally not discriminated against) groups of people, the only other interesting thing you find is a hastily scribbled note that lists a date (which is about three weeks ago) with a time and a place.

That location is a bar in the seedier part of town that is known for being popular with the criminal element.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift

Skylar waited as long as it took Ryan, she was a bit use to some folks debating using anything except telepathy, it tended to weird some people out.
After he said telepathy was fine she spoke, softly, with her Irish accented thoughts into his mind " 'ello, sorry about that, you gave me quite the scare." she extended her hand "My name is Skylar, and I guess... if you're part of Force Ops, that we'll be working together, at least for a while." Ryan would probably notice that even though she was communicating telepathically, she still moved her lips as if she were speaking.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Oh, you're the new teammate Warshade was interviewing. Cool. My codename is Darklight. Shadow powers."

He pauses as he tries to figure out what he should tell her. Surely Warshade would be the one to tell her about their current mission?

"Have you been filled in on our current mission? A bunch of solo villains have been doing some pretty well organized heists. Turns out an out-of-towner named Reflex has been training them to operate as a team."
Last edited by kenseido on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift

"My field codename is Shift. Powers... are complicated... minor morphargenic abilities, a mind like a sponge when it comes to info and physical techniques, and... more recently, minor telepathy and telekinesis." she adds in after Ryan gave his codename

Skylar nodded along as he goes over the mission "Have you found where to find this Reflex? I'd imagine finding him would connect the dots to his... team? clients?" she offered
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

"Yeah, I think that's our next step. The rest of the team should be reporting in soon. You can make your introductions and then we can go track this guy down."

He walks over to the cupboard and grabs some trail mix.

He motions to his head as he comments, "So you sound Irish. Is that where you are from?"
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

"Why you want to know?", Mr. Liu, owner of the Golden Dragon Bowl, asked with a hint of suspicion. "Well, a big guy in a small car rear-ended me yesterday and drove off. This receipt flew out of his window, and I'm trying...." Mr. Liu stopped him with a string of insults, switching back and forth from Mandarin to English (with a little French added) with gusto. After that, he was only too happy to give up the "fat bastard's" address.

Jon returned to the others with a slip of paper, which he offered to Vortex, and a brown paper bag. "The image I got from the owner is pretty close to Bill.", he said, taking a bite of an egg roll. He swallowed, then added, "That's the address they've been delivering to....What? They're good. Want one?"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5
COND: Unharmed

"Oh sure." After Vindicator called in, Vortex filled her in as well.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe