FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan relaxes a bit as not only did no one respond negatively, but now the attention had turned to Vortex.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5
COND: Unharmed

"Nothing that's going to cause trouble, so why don't we save it for later." Vortex proposed - he'd really thought Warshade at least as leader would have been told.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

What part of we don't work with AEGIS does he not...

NOT NOW ELIZABETH

Don't start with me 'Tu. We DO NOT work with AEGIS

AND WE'RE NOT. WE'RE WORKING WITH ECPD. WORRY ABOUT IT LATER

All right. But we're going to have a problem if this turns into something.

Liz looked at Vortex doubtfully. "OK later. After we catch these idiots." She sighed softly. "Anything else before we get started?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
Eva McKenna
HP: 2; Condition: Fine/Suit Fine

Eva finished the last of her work on Skylar and Ryan's profiles and closed her holo-keyboard out before rising and stretching her arms over her head, and then side to side. A move which unintentionally emphasized her chest beneath the form fitting body suit.

"Ready when you are." she said crisply as she stood by Liz and pulled her cowl back over her head, causing the suits magnetic locks to seal the suit around her.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"All right then, let's get moving. Darklight and Shift, get to the bar. Vortex and Vanguard, get close by to support. The rest of you," Liz pulled on her goggles "are with me."
I just need one of Boomerang's other known hangouts for everyone else to go to
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Darklight, Shift, Vortex & Vanguard:

Over at the docks it isn't difficult to find the local watering hole known as the Pier, and inside Shift and Darklight find the expected rough and tumble crowd they knew frequented such a place. Between the smell of stale beer and pickled eggs, the low sounds of bluesy rock playing on a jukebox, and a haze of smoke hanging in the air there is little doubt that this is the dive bar they were looking for. A few patrons give the two of you a quick glance as you walk in, though none actually acknowledge your arrival since this is the kind of place where the people tend to not want attention and tend to react negatively when give any.

While outside the Pier doesn't look to be anything more than what it is - a run down, dive bar. While there isn't a lot of space for cars to park nearby both Vanguard and Vortex can tell that there bar gets a good amount of traffic, likely from the people who work on the nearby docked boats in Malory Bay, as well as those who work at the docks themselves.
OOC wrote: Let's have some Perception Checks for all four of you.

Warshade, Jonathan Spectre, Vindicator:

On the opposite side of Malory Bay, in Bridgepoint, the other half of FORCE Ops finds themselves heading for a small brick building where Boomerang is known to sometimes thought to rent out living space. It's nothing to look at really, it simply blends in the rest of the worn looking buildings of the area (which would make sense for someone like Boomerang to use as a place to lay low in between jobs). Though the three of you realize as you approach the address that the building has several floors and is more of an old flophouse that someone converted into (barely) more respectable living space.

A knock at the door summons an older woman, whose aged you'd place somewhere around mid-50s, who eyes the three of you carefully before fully opening her door. "Can I help you?" She asks in a soft, quiet voice, obviously a bit nervous at your presence at her door.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"Yes, Ma'am." Liz stepped forward and kept her goggles on. She didn't want to scare the woman, exactly, but she didn't want her to feel comfortable challenging them either. "I'm Warshade and this is Vindicator and Jonathan Spectre. We're with FORCE Ops working for the ECPD. One of your tenants, Lee Kirby, provided you with a false identity on his rental agreement. We have reason to believe that's not the extent of his criminal activity and we'd like to see what else we can turn up in his apartment. Do you know if he happens to be at home right now?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan walks into the bar in plain clothes. On one hand, he is used to this kind of scene. On the other hand, now he feels naked entering a dangerous place outside of his Darklight form.

Before he makes contact with any of the patrons, he looks over the joint, trying to get the "lay of the land."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

From their hiding spot near by, Rex pulled a box of chinese food from his "pocket" and started munching on it.

"You know we could be watching a movie right now and still get down here in time to help out," He said, mostly to himself, as he watched the streets with a bored expression, "They're just lucky there's nothing on TV."

"And that they won't tell me the netflix password."

EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 5
COND: Unharmed

Vortex reached into a portal and pulled out a container of spaghetti and meatballs - that hadn't been in the fridge, had it? "Unless there's something they think we'll see outside the place we're looking into..."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade, Jonathan Spectre, Vindicator:

"Yes, Ma'am." Liz stepped forward and kept her goggles on. She didn't want to scare the woman, exactly, but she didn't want her to feel comfortable challenging them either. "I'm Warshade and this is Vindicator and Jonathan Spectre. We're with FORCE Ops working for the ECPD. One of your tenants, Lee Kirby, provided you with a false identity on his rental agreement. We have reason to believe that's not the extent of his criminal activity and we'd like to see what else we can turn up in his apartment. Do you know if he happens to be at home right now?"

The woman pulls a hand up to her mouth as Warshade explains why the three costumed people were on her doorstep, clearly rattled by the news. "Mr. Kirby isn't home right now. He's out working; he told me he worked as a freelance contractor for a security company and that he traveled for long periods of time per job." She opens the door fully as she gestures for the three of you to come in. "I have a key, give me a moment to get it." She says as she leads you three into the building.

Minutes later the older woman is unlocking the door to the top floor apartment. "I'll be in my apartment if you need anything. I don't want to get in your way." She says as she opens the door wide. The apartment isn't anything fancy really; just a living room with a small kitchen off of it on the left, a very small bathroom and bedroom off to the right with all the basic appliances and furniture one might expect to find.

OOC wrote:So that'll be Perception Checks, or Investigation Checks for you three.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

Shift walked alongside Ryan in torn jeans and a t-shirt, seeing if she could pick out any of the men they were looking for, or just anyone paying them more attention than would be wanted in a place like this.

OOC wrote: 1D20+11 = [7]+11 = 18 Not the best, but still decent total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenna
HP: 2; Condition: investigatin

Eva stepped up to the doorway and raised a hand to hold the others back she scanned the room looking for trip wires and other possible traps their quarry might have left behind. She didn't want to alert him that they were on to him faster then they had to.

Sensor suite adjusted as needed

Evas investigation check _: 1D20+14 = [6]+14 = 20
meh

Perception check _: 1D20+ 8 = [18]+8 = 26
better
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz waited for Eva to do her scan before entering the apartment. Based on the landlord's description, this was more of a place to lay low than a permanent residence. Which was both good and bad. They probably didn't have to worry about him showing up unexpectedly but he might not have anything here related to current activities. As she looked around, she tried to figure out how long ago he was in the apartment last.
Perception check: 1d20+14 29
Investigate Check: 1d20+8 23
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited