FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator

Eva listened as Vortex filled her in noting everything before replying. "Good job guys, head back to base, we'll regroup there and make our next move."

"Heading back in Warshade we'll meet you at home."

rolling over in the sky she banked down and took off like a shot towards home. Landing on the campus grounds easily she walked back inside. As she came into the base she pulled her cowl off and shook out her lower back length dark brown hair.

When Jonathan and Vortex and Vanguard reappeared through a portal she smelled the hints of Chinese, and her stomach rumbled. "Tell me you have some Kung pao chicken in that bag."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz shook her head when Ryan left to indicate she didn't want anything.

BUT I DO!

Yeah... later.

She wrote down some notes on what she knew about the villains they'd identified. Then she went out to meet the others when they returned. "Good work getting that intel, everyone. But before we act on it, I want to introduce our new operative." She gestured at Skylar. "This is Skylar, or Shift in the field. She's going to be with the team for a while."

"Skylar isn't able to speak but she can communicate telepathically. She can't read your mind so please don't worry. She can also sign but that frequently won't be viable in the field so I'd like you to get used to hearing her voice in your head. If anyone has an issue with that, let me know and we'll work something out." Liz thought for a moment.

"Skylar, we're just getting started on a case. While we met the rest of FORCE Ops was gathering intelligence so you'll come up to speed at the same time I do." She swept her gaze across the entire team. "Any questions before we get started?"
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator

Eva smiled warmly at Skylar and signed to her in greeting. "Hello, how are you today? it's nice to meet you Skylar."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

Skylar nodded "Aye, it's where I was found at leas..." she began to tell Ryan before everyone else had joined the party...

After Warshade introduced her, Skylar gave a nod to the team, though didn't say anything until she was sure everyone was ok with the telelpathic speech.
She -did- however, sign back to Eva 'Hello, it's nice to meet you too'
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Vindicator wrote:"Good job guys, head back to base, we'll regroup there and make our next move."
Would've liked to laid eyes on this apartment first...., Jon thought as Vortex spun up his portal. Ah, well, better to show up in force, I suppose.
Vindicator wrote:When Jonathan and Vortex and Vanguard reappeared through a portal she smelled the hints of Chinese, and her stomach rumbled. "Tell me you have some Kung pao chicken in that bag."

"Sorry. Eggrolls.", he apologized, offering Eva the bag. "I'll know for next time." At that, Liz introduced the young woman standing next to her and Ryan. At the mention of telepathy being Skyler's default means of communications, his eyes flicked to Rex for a split second. Wonder how he'll like that idea.... After Eva and Skyler finished their greetings, he stepped up and offered his hand. "[My name is Jon.]", he said (and thought) with a welcoming smile. "[Jonathan Spectre in the field. Telepathy is fine, if that's easier for you.]"
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

After Liz gave everyone time to introduce themselves, she was ready to get moving with the mission. "All right then. Conference room in five minutes."

Once everyone was gathered, she punched up the information she had on the villains they'd identified. Holograms came from a projector on the ceiling each time she mentioned a name.

"This is Boomerang, son of Captain Boomerang. And not to be confused with Captain Boomerang, also son of Captain Boomerang." Liz sighed. "Not that there's much difference. They throw boomerangs for money. The two that are still living hate each other so a little name-calling might work as a distraction."

"This is Solar. He shoots fire. He also works for money mostly."

"Next is Whirlwind. He spins around, flies and all that goes with that. And, yes, he normally works for money."

"The last is Wrecking Bill. He's probably a Stormer. He has no notable feats to his name but is a serious threat for collateral damage."

"None of these guys have a lot of personal initiative. All this confirms Darklight's information that they're working for someone else. Our top priority is apprehending these four. Once we have them, I think there's a good chance at least one will roll on their employer."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"Huh," Vanguard stirs his hot chocolate and considers the situation, "So somebody hired a bunch of mercenary super villains."

"Anyone have any luck finding leads on tracking them down?"
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke
Vanguard wrote: "Huh," Vanguard stirs his hot chocolate and considers the situation, "So somebody hired a bunch of mercenary super villains."
"Anyone have any luck finding leads on tracking them down?"
"We found a lead on Bill.", Jon answered. "I was able to talk his landlord into letting us into Bill's apartment, to do a 'wellness check.' BIll's going to be a real charmer when we meet him, just so everyone knows. We found this address," he said, handing a crumpled paper to Eva," which is not a tourist attraction."
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
Eva McKenna

Eva accepted the paper casually, typed in the address with on her suits holo-keyboard bringing up a slew of information which she then transferred to the projector which added it to the information on the board.
We found this address," he said, handing a crumpled paper to Eva," which is not a tourist attraction."
'Probably be a fascinating collection of insect life and bacterial contagion." she snerked before taking a bite of the egg roll which she then washed down with some water. "I'll nuke it from Orbit..." she shrugged casually "Only way to be sure."

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"Good." Liz nodded at Spectre. "I've got some ideas on where to find Boomerang. One of those places matches the address you got from Bill's apartment. That's two super criminals known to frequent the place, so there's probably more. What I'd like to do is get in there, ID at least one and tail them out. Ideally without tipping off how we found them. A known villain hangout is an asset I don't want to spoil right away." Mentally, she started running through scenarios. It looked like Skylar's abilities were going to be immediately useful.

"Shift, this should be right up your alley. And I'm going to send Darklight to be your backup. You two figure out how you want to play it. Vanguard and Vortex are on call in case things go south. They'll be nearby and watching for outside threats. And keep me up to date when you're moving."

"The rest of us are going to check out some other places Boomerang has been spotted at in the past. Any questions or objections?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard raises his hand, "Vindicator doesn't really have a nuke, does she?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz made a show of putting on her goggles and looking around, then shrugged. "If she does, it's already in orbit and thus, out of my jurisdiction."

"Any relevant questions?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight
Shock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:52 pmAny questions or objections?"
Ryan raises his hand and opens his mouth to speak...
Shock wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:36 pm"Any relevant questions?"
... and promptly closes it again
EspyGrrl

Post by EspyGrrl »

Shift
HP: 1

Skylar nodded as Liz assigned her mission then looked toward Vindicator, though broadcast to her, Warshade and Darklight "You are the resident tech genius, aye? Could you create wrap-sheets for Darklight, if he's willing, and I under fake super-villain headings? If any villains there are able to run ID scans, I'd like them to not out us immediately as heroes."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan yawns and takes a large swig of coffee so strong, everyone could smell it a minute before he entered the room.

He stares at his coffee a few moments as he mind again tussles with the "tell them or not" debate.

Finally he decides.

"I won't need a fake rap sheet," he says right before taking another drink from his giant size mug. While he does he carefully eyes the others looking for their reactions to his comment.