For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

Thanks to everyone's expectation of hi-jinks, the moment over a dozen mechanical, extending arms pop out from various opening panels everyone is able to avoid being captured by them and pulled god only knows well. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised." The semi-mystery voice says with what sounds like a hint of disappointment as the robotic arms retract. "You've dealt with the likes of Dr. Shock, so it's not like you haven't had to deal with automated traps."

The hallway the group follows leads into what looks like a large room, as in there is enough room here for a few of the space planes the Freedom League likes to use. Plus it is not empty however, what you find waiting there is an alarming about of robots. Old ones. It's like every sci-fi tv show and movie from the 1950 & 1960s dumped every spare robot they ever used in this place. Everyone of them is in pristine condition, like they were built and placed here to await usage.

OOC wrote:I'll give Warshade & Vindicator a chance to recognize the workmanship used in building the robots, let's say a Expertise [Science] DC 15. I'll PM any possible answers after checks are rolled.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

"I call dibs on any robots that aren't destroyed," Vanguard says, looking much like a kid in a candy shop, "Oh, I really hope that one with the glass saucer head survives, it would amazing in the library."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenn
HP: 2; Condition: Fine/Suit Fine

The sudden emersion of multiple steel tentacles caused Evas HUD to light up like a Christmas tree with warnings. She dodged several blasted a couple more and tore a couple that wrapped around her wrists right out of the wall. Dropping the sparking metal arms she grumbled "Annoying voice."

When they entered the room her eye lit up behind the mask and she ran multiple scans on the robots within running blue prints from more then a score of different Robotics builders and Geniuses that shed had experience with through her mind.
"I call dibs on any robots that aren't destroyed," Vanguard says, looking much like a kid in a candy shop, "Oh, I really hope that one with the glass saucer head survives, it would amazing in the library."
"Get me some parts I'll put one together for you." she spoke a hint of amusment coloring her voice as she did her hands began glowing as her armor channeled power into the weapons systems and primed them to fire.

Eva cant fail that on a bet and with skill mastery she hits 30 just standing still
Can still toll though if you need one Tman :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan continues moving along the floor with the team as the mechanical arms reach out and grab at his teammates above him.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz used her grav shield to deflect the mechanical arms. Grasping arms were actually a little disappointing. These were VIPER quality traps. The robots, however. Her eyes bulged and she mock shuddered. "Guys... just... go on without me. I need a minute alone." She made sure to record everything, along every spectrum her goggles could manage.
If I can substitute Technology for Science, that's an auto success for Liz as well. I can add a roll later if needed
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

OOC wrote:I'm ok with the substitution, info pms will be sent in a bit.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenn
HP: 2; Condition: TECHNOLOGY!!

As Eva scanned the machines her eyes flying over the readings on her suits HUD as the sensors scanned and recorded everythng she got a sudden case of nostalgia.

Eva sat there staring at the incomprehensible pile of parts laid out on the table, her seventeen year old self already smart beyond measure was stumped. Most of these parts were antiquated at best and completely useless at worst. Behind her Daedalus her mentor over the last several months since that incident with Doc Otaku at Freedom Con, Patiently watched her poke through the detritus like a kid picking at her vegetables.

"What precisely am I supposed to do with this much less learn from it Mentore?" she gave him a arch look which he returned evenly. She met his gaze with a frown but blinked first sighed and went back to work.

At first she just couldn't see anything but as she circled the table and stopped looking at the individual parts as shed been instructed Daedalus allowed a small smile to touch the corner of his mouth. She was seeing it, she was beginning to open her mind Beyond the parts to the result as a whole.

Suddenly she went to work rearraigning pieces and rapidly connecting and using a soldering iron to bring them together. The intensity of concentration in her eyes was almost a glow as she engaged in the act of creation. Slowly the parts came together into a cohesive whole as a Robot was created using the parts laid out haphazardly on the work bench.

When she was done she stepped back wiping sweat off her brow and pushing back some stray hairs that had stuck to it as she turned excitedly to Daedalus who nodded at the table urging her to continue.

"It's Genius really, the parts may be old but cleaned up and when they were new I imagine this to have been a formidable fighting machine in its day Id wager about 1950s era or so due to these design elements." she explained pointing to one part or another "Whoever created this was really talented at using the most basic of parts to create a cohesive device no extraneous tech just pure function and form. Even the Aesthetics are based on a functional dynamic as opposed to any art. Weapons were designed as modular systems easily swapped and replacable for multiple mission parameters or roles."

"Very good Eva." Daedalus nodded his approval as he pointed to a mark on the back of the robots head. "This is the mark of The Mad Machinist, a villain I faced repeatedly in the 1950s-60s. He was as bold and daring, and innovative as any one I've ever faced even Takahashi-kun." he explained drawing a sour look from Eva at the mention of her would be suitor.

"So what do you think Eva?"

"Learn from the parts as well as the whole, How something is constructed is just as important as why, and what its made of need not be of the state of the art to still be effective. Junk or trash can come together into something effective or beautiful if the builder has the image of the final product in mind."

He nodded and a genuine smile graced his face bringing a blush to her cheeks as they continued the lessons with Eva learning more about the tech and science she loved so well.

"The Mad Machinist..." she said her voice an almost awed whisper"Where in the world did he even find those, most of his work was confiscated or destroyed save for some pieces in museums."
Last edited by catsi563 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz reached over and put her hand on Eva's arm. "Don't... don't blast them if we don't have to." She marveled at the collection. "I wonder if they just stumbled on an old hideout of his. No way they collected all this stuff on their own, right?" She tried to recall anything she'd heard about the Mad Machinist over the years.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator Eva McKenn
HP: 2; Condition: Fine/Suit Fine

"Not sure I could blast them if I had to, the works so elegant id need some time to properly study it." Eva repsonded to Liz in a somewhat awed voice.

Catsi stories
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Shock wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:37 pm Warshade

Liz reached over and put her hand on Eva's arm. "Don't... don't blast them if we don't have to." She marveled at the collection. "I wonder if they just stumbled on an old hideout of his. No way they collected all this stuff on their own, right?" She tried to recall anything she'd heard about the Mad Machinist over the years.
GM wrote:The Mad Machinist was one of original tech-themed super villains of the late 1950s and early 1960s. Often times his schemes involved the use of an army of automations that required the efforts of the Liberty League, and later the original Freedom League, to stop. Somehow, the Mad Machinist managed to retain his freedom despite the power and ability of that collection of heroes.

While Daedalus found himself dealing with the man on several occasions one on one, he never considered the Mad Machinist to be a regular rogue (unlike the Mad Machinist, who held a grudge against the Immortal Inventor for the whole of his criminal career). With the dawn of the 1960s the Mad Machinist's appearances began to decrease in number until by the summer of 1967 he had not attacked the city in a year. The people of Freedom City breathed a collective sigh of relief as they added to that count year by year.

As nostalgia for the Golden and Silver Ages of Freedom City's history became a trend many experts theorized that the Mad Machinist had several bases hidden across the country and there have been several television shows and internet shows where the topic has been exploring "a newly discovered "lost" base of the Mad Machinist" that ended up in members of the Freedom League having to go in to rescue the crew from the automated defenses the man had installed.

Yet, despite all the attention and heroes he fought over the course of his criminal career, the Mad Machinist never was arrested and thus his real identity is a secret lost to time.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"All right, let's keep moving. They obviously know we're here. Keep your eyes open."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Everyone:

As everyone moves through a far doorway to follow Warshade's order the floor on both sides of it fall away, revealing a new trap that catches everyone off guard. All of you fall down into some kind of pneumatic system as you all are pushed and guided by powerful currents of air that guide you further and further into various tubes as each of you are herded into various areas and unceremoniously dumped into a room of the underground lair you've not seen.

OOC wrote:Everyone gets an HP for the auto fail on the trap.
More to come...
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Warshade & Vanguard:

The two you land in a darkened room, with only basic security lights on which only gives off enough illumination so that a person could navigate the room and not bump into the large black shades of built in furniture(?) that fills the room.

OOC wrote:At best the two of you can only make out your hands outstretched in front of you. Any other detail isn't possible with the current amount of light.

GM note: 8
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vindicator & Jonathan Spectre:

The two you land in a darkened room, with only basic security lights on which only gives off enough illumination so that a person could navigate the room and not bump into the large black shapes that fill the very, very large room. Though you both are able to determine that those shapes are a minimum are twice the size of an SUV and at largest possible rival air craft. Vindicator's armor's visual sensors are able to compensate enough for her to make out much more detail, revealing the fact that the two of you have been deposited in the hanger/garage of the hidden base.
OOC wrote:At best Spectre can only make out his hands outstretched in front of him. Any other detail isn't possible with the current amount of light.

GM note: 20
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.