FORCE OPs (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: FORCE OPs (IC)

Post by Shock »

Warshade
HP: 1 LP: 1

Liz shrugged at Vanguard after getting Eva's report. "Apparently not. And neither is anyone else."

"Vindicator, see if you can get access to the cams without being detected but stay in maintenance mode. It looks like they wanted to ensure their meeting stayed private and we don't want to tip them off."
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Vindicator:

It actually takes you a few minutes to work your way through all the various bits of code that have been layered into the system. It's been a year or two since you've seen such well done hacking, outside of your own work, the hacker that did this is elite without a doubt. It's only after digging through a small mountain of code that you find the clue you were looking for - the "signature" on the code that most hackers like to leave to tell others who did the work.

The good news is that there aren't any traps in the system, no hidden command codes to attack anyone. It simply looks that the hacker wanted to take the security system off-line for a period of time, and to be honest making the maintenance program start working is one of the simplest ways to do it but it's the addition of a few lines of computer code that makes the security system look like it is still working that is impressive.

OOC wrote:Mystery Hacker Check: _: 1D20+23 = [12]+23 = 35, close....just oh so close, but just not good enough.

You recognize the work of Blackbox, who's one of the top five technically skilled super criminals currently active.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 2; Condition: L33T HAXX

Eva actually felt a bit of sweat roll down here forehead as she worked her eyes flashing across the virtual keyboard on her HUD as her brain went into overdrive working against this guy. Then she finally managed to isolate the code and crack the encryption used and voila' full access. Her breath of relief was audible over the comms.

"Got it Warshade, you were right looks like the hack was intended to loop the system in maintenance mode, full time to keep it offline, then fool it, and anyone watching it into thinking that it was working as intended. I'll keep it that way so we don't get any unpleasant surprises, and leave myself a backdoor if we need it."

She did just that exiting the system while leaving a trace element she could use to access the system later if needed then closed out.

"You should be safe to move out, Warshade we'll need to discuss the Hacker later, its Blackbox and hes bad news."

Sweet victory :)

Shell leave it as is if no more info is available just make sure to leave a backdoor hidden for her use as needed. then back to watching Black Claws meeting
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"All right, let's find Blackclaw and finish this."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

Ryan cursed a little as he wanted to add to the conversation but couldn't do so while in shadow form.

The he remembered Jonathan. He wasn't sure how his powers worked exactly, but maybe he could pick something up.

If they are going to such great lengths to cover his arrival, then isn't it likely this is more mission? Meaning there is backup nearby.
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

Spectre was anticipating the word to move out, when he noticed that Darklight, in his shadow form, was trying to get his attention. He focused his thoughts and linked to his teammate's mind.
Darklight wrote:If they are going to such great lengths to cover his arrival, then isn't it likely this is more mission? Meaning there is backup nearby.

Warshade, is it possible Claw's job is out here? Darklight is thinking that this is too much prep for just a meeting.
, Spectre offers telepathically, as he opens his Psychic Switchboard, allowing everyone to communicate mentally with each other.
OoC wrote:I used Psychic Switchboard, so everyone can talk directly to each other mentally. Also I scan the area with Mental Detection.
Detect Minds 1d20+12=21
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

Liz shrugged, wondering if a mental gesture would go through the link. It's possible, but our information says it's a meeting. If his employers want to ensure a secret, this is how you do it. Either way, we have to assume it's more than just Blackclaw out here.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 4

Question is, how many people will be around here?
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Jonathan Spectre:

Reaching out mentally you quickly pick up the rest of FORCE Ops and Black Claw, and not surprisingly, a few other minds, four or five at most, at the further edges of your mental sense.

OOC wrote:I hate trying to figure out distances, so I'll just go with what I posted off the cuff (so to say, or write rather).
Otherwise, I'll give the other PCs a bit more time to reply if they want.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Kaisius

Post by Kaisius »

Jonathan Spectre
Jon Locke

[I can sense Black Claw and a group of 4 or 5 others, at the edge of my perception.], Spectre sends to everyone, pointing in the direction of these new minds. [I would have to get closer to get more details.]
"I'm not a big, fat panda. I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
My Character Page
Jonathan Spectre in New FORCE Ops
Magus Errant in Heroes Unlimited
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
HP: 2; Condition: Eye in the sky

"I'll see If I can get an aerial view, hang on." she intoned coolly before banking in a smooth arc towards where Jon had indicated. She stayed at a nice sedate pace as she flew not wanting to draw any attention to herself. At this height she should look like a bird but still best not take any chances.

Slide over to where Jon points out and take a look see :)
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Vindicator
Eva McKenna
HP: 2; Condition: Eye in the sky

As she scanned the area her suit chimed back at her about an anomaly. She focused on the mountain humming softly as she did while a rock tune blared in her ears.

"What are you?" she hummed softly as her eyes flashed over the HUD. The suits sensors rotated rapidly between multiple spectrum shifts revealing several interesting items of note.

"Liz turn your goggles to an MRI scan, low intensity spectrum and focus them on these coordinates." she spoke over the comms "We've got a hidden base."

Catsi stories
Shock

Post by Shock »

Warshade

"Oh come on!" Liz glared at the mountain. "I know this isn't Fort Knox but how can they hollow out a mountain without getting noticed?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Darklight

You'd be amazed what you can accomplish with enough money," Ryan thinks from his shadowy form as he continues his movements.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Vortex
HP: 2 / LP: 4

"Oh, I don't know. It's not like these are people with superpowers and perhaps super-tech." Vortex observed.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe